ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 55
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:02 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Seriously. :-) :-)

A lot of Knights fans are of course newer to hockey, which is complete fine.. but, they kind of take the same whiney inferiority complex personality as their HC and the rest of the team, despite all of the clutching/grabbing/takedowns/crosschecks to the back and face/etc. they get away with, plus and all of their success.

It's like no one in Vegas gets why the rest of the league hates them... must be jealousy! :-)
The rest of the league "hates us" because the good old boys club cannot stand to see a new team rise up so quickly and challenge the status quo. No doubt yall will soon be moaning about Seattle if they manage to sneak into the playoffs early :-) .
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:03 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I guess it's a matter of semantics, but I don't see a lot of Avs fans crying about it. We got beat - plain and simple. So yeah, it's disappointing, but it's pretty similar to the Chiefs vs. Bucs Super Bowl. It's much more infuriating when you play well but bounces/refs/whatever don't go your way. When you clearly just get your asses handed to you, all you can do is tip your cap and move on to next year.
I was angrier during the SB than I've been about any sporting event in probably 20 years, but I get why some look past the officiating due to the fact they probably weren't going to win anyway.

But yeah, the clock was ticking down last night and I flipped over to the Royals game. :-) At least officiating was fair in the series... they completely let them play, which of course benefited Vegas, but nothing was called on either end unless the puck went out of play.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:06 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Yes we've only been going for four years but during that time we lost the stanley cup finals despite going a game up and was on top in game two only to lose and collapse for the rest of the series. Then the next year the San Jose robbery via the refs happened whilst we were cruising to the second round...then last year we make the semi finals again and heaven only knows how we lost that series to Dallas after dominating most of the games and missing chance after chance. Yes, we've had success but that success has come with heartbreak even in just four years. Hell haven't us Chiefs fans suffered heartbreak during the Mahomes era despite it being only three years?? It happens.
You pillaged other teams to get there , you have had more advantages then most other expansion teams, in any sport.

comparing the pain of 30+ years as a chiefs fan to a 4 year franchise is a bit of a stretch as well, last years superbowl sucked but I wouldn't consider it heartbreak, neither was the AFC champ loss to NE .

come back and see me when your team misses the playoff for 10 years in a row.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:15 AM 06-11-2021
The rest of the league "hates us" because the good old boys club cannot stand to see a new team rise up so quickly and challenge the status quo. No doubt yall will soon be moaning about Seattle if they manage to sneak into the playoffs early :-) .
Nah, they have literally the most hated goon in hockey (supported by fan polls) and are well known as the whiniest team with one of the whiniest coaches in the league, to the point of becoming cheap shot artists when they're losing.

And don't take it from me, a day after watching the Avalanche lose the series... go read the internets. Caps fans hate the Knights and they WON. That should clearly tell you something... they should have been happy to play an expansion team for a chance at their elusive Cup, yet they also hated playing them. Weird, huh.

I know some people hated the process of giving up players and what not and bitterness around them landing Fleury, but it goes deeper than that.

And there is no "heartbreak"... making the Finals year 1 is 2014 Royals, "WTF is happening" level of fandom. It's the best possible situation for fans, super low expectations that keep getting obliterated by success with a crazy unexpected ride.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:15 AM 06-11-2021
I was angrier during the SB than I've been about any sporting event in probably 20 years, but I get why some look past the officiating due to the fact they probably weren't going to win anyway.

But yeah, the clock was ticking down last night and I flipped over to the Royals game. :-) At least officiating was fair in the series... they completely let them play, which of course benefited Vegas, but nothing was called on either end unless the puck went out of play.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. While I think the team as structured could have made a legit run this year (Vegas/Avs probably would have been a good matchup for the Finals rather than in round 2), it seems to me that our speed/finesse style tends to get shut down in the playoffs when the refs start letting teams get away with more tugging and grabbing. I'd argue that the way games are called SHOULDN'T change in the playoffs, I know it does in every league, so it kind of is what it is.

We may have to find a way to take advantage of that a little more. Logan O'Connor was a breath of fresh air because he got in there and made the Knights a little uncomfortable. We may have to consider a little more of that if we want to be successful outside of the regular season.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:18 AM 06-11-2021
Yeah, I was thinking about that. While I think the team as structured could have made a legit run this year (Vegas/Avs probably would have been a good matchup for the Finals rather than in round 2), it seems to me that our speed/finesse style tends to get shut down in the playoffs when the refs start letting teams get away with more tugging and grabbing. I'd argue that the way games are called SHOULDN'T change in the playoffs, I know it does in every league, so it kind of is what it is.

We may have to find a way to take advantage of that a little more. Logan O'Connor was a breath of fresh air because he got in there and made the Knights a little uncomfortable. We may have to consider a little more of that if we want to be successful outside of the regular season.
And moving Saad was a great move. Kadri would have been great in this type of series. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:23 AM 06-11-2021
And moving Saad was a great move. Kadri would have been great in this type of series. :-)
Yep.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:24 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You pillaged other teams to get there , you have had more advantages then most other expansion teams, in any sport.

comparing the pain of 30+ years as a chiefs fan to a 4 year franchise is a bit of a stretch as well, last years superbowl sucked but I wouldn't consider it heartbreak, neither was the AFC champ loss to NE .

come back and see me when your team misses the playoff for 10 years in a row.
I never compared it to the Chiefs entire history as that would obviously be stupid. I compared it to the Mahomes era and how heartbreak can still be felt in a world filled of success. If you didn't feel anything after the Pats and Bucks games then good for you...but me and many other Chiefs fans did. Also don't blame us for the expansion rules...we didn't create them, we just rocked the shit out of them and created a team who had a ton of heart and fight...that's all.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:26 AM 06-11-2021
I never compared it to the Chiefs entire history as that would obviously be stupid. I compared it to the Mahomes era and how heartbreak can still be felt in a world filled of success. If you didn't feel anything after the Pats and Bucks games then good for you...but me and many other Chiefs fans did. Also don't blame us for the expansion rules...we didn't create them, we just rocked the shit out of them and created a team who had a ton of heart and fight...that's all.
And whining. Lots and lots of whining.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:32 AM 06-11-2021
And whining. Lots and lots of whining.
:-):-)
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:15 AM 06-11-2021
Nah, they have literally the most hated goon in hockey (supported by fan polls) and are well known as the whiniest team with one of the whiniest coaches in the league, to the point of becoming cheap shot artists when they're losing.

And don't take it from me, a day after watching the Avalanche lose the series... go read the internets. Caps fans hate the Knights and they WON. That should clearly tell you something... they should have been happy to play an expansion team for a chance at their elusive Cup, yet they also hated playing them. Weird, huh.

I know some people hated the process of giving up players and what not and bitterness around them landing Fleury, but it goes deeper than that.

And there is no "heartbreak"... making the Finals year 1 is 2014 Royals, "WTF is happening" level of fandom. It's the best possible situation for fans, super low expectations that keep getting obliterated by success with a crazy unexpected ride.
Caps fans actually root for the most hated player in the league. Tom Wilson is miles more hated than Reaves. What poll are you referring to? I hate Reaves smile' and the fact his Canadian ass took a knee during another country's National Anthem. He's a big fish in a small pond. Not many enforcers in the league these days. Makes him look tougher than he is. That said, he's not typically a dirty player. Certainly not on the level of Wilson. Or Kadri, who let Colorado down just like he did Toronto. Both Kadri and Wilson have multiple suspensions. Obviously they play more minutes than Reaves.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:26 AM 06-11-2021

It's funny how you talk about "goon" when the avs almost knocked our Jamark out of the series with a vicious, cowardly hit in the first game..Reeves only did what was obligated.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:35 AM 06-11-2021
Seriously. :-) :-)

A lot of Knights fans are of course newer to hockey, which is complete fine.. but, they kind of take the same whiney inferiority complex personality as their HC and the rest of the team, despite all of the clutching/grabbing/takedowns/crosschecks to the back and face/etc. they get away with, plus and all of their success.

It's like no one in Vegas gets why the rest of the league hates them... must be jealousy! :-)
What's your beef with Deboar? He's pretty much the Andy Reid of the NHL right now...brilliant coach and he stands up for his guys...period :-) .
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:55 AM 06-11-2021
Aaaaand now for the blatant trolling.

Wonder if there's any decent baseball on tonight and tomorrow... the Diamondbacks are seriously bad.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:06 PM 06-11-2021
What's your beef with Deboar? He's pretty much the Andy Reid of the NHL right now...brilliant coach and he stands up for his guys...period :-) .
How many times have you seen Andy whine about the refs?
[Reply]
Page 32 of 55
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up