ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 190
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:03 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I can't come to terms with the fact that either the Hawks or the Knicks are going to advance into the next round of the NBA Playoffs.

Maybe it's finally the Bucks year?

All I know is that if Jokic and the Nuggets win it all I'm going to kill myself. It's Joel Embiid's time.
Why? That Nuggets team is fun to watch. They play great basketball.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:42 PM 05-28-2021
I'm really rooting for the Suns and particularly the Blazers. Lillard and Booker are two of my favorite players.

But it ain't looking good..
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:04 PM 05-28-2021
As I said earlier, I'm a fairweather NBA fan and only watch when the Suns are good so take this with a grain of salt. I don't know if its league wide or just Phoenix but the Nash/Stoudemire/Marion team would wipe the floor with this current team. Is the talent as a league just down compared to a decade ago or is this just a Phoenix thing? Booker and Ayton are nice players but they dont have shit at forward.
[Reply]
sedated 02:05 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm really rooting for the Suns and particularly the Blazers. Lillard and Booker are two of my favorite players.

But it ain't looking good..
Portland is frustrating because they've had a chunk of years to find someone (other than CJ) to go along with Lillard and have a chance at really competing, but have completely failed.

At least Milwaukee actually looks like they are trying to put something around Giannis
[Reply]
lcarus 08:00 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
As I said earlier, I'm a fairweather NBA fan and only watch when the Suns are good so take this with a grain of salt. I don't know if its league wide or just Phoenix but the Nash/Stoudemire/Marion team would wipe the floor with this current team. Is the talent as a league just down compared to a decade ago or is this just a Phoenix thing? Booker and Ayton are nice players but they dont have shit at forward.
The league is just more a 3 point contest now. Teams launch 40 threes a game. From 1995-2005, teams averaged between 13-16 threes attempted per game. Then it jumped to around 18 for a while. Then it climbed...and climbed...to where we're at now. 34.6 threes attempted per game. I have nothing against the three ball. I'm not a purist in that sense. I love the three actually. I just miss seeing more to the game.

I've actually enjoyed the Suns Lakers series more than the others because they have players that remind me of old school players. Lebron of course. Davis has a great inside-mid range game. Ayton is good inside. Chris Paul is a master at the mid range game. They're shooting less threes than the other teams it seems, but they're still shooting 30 a game.

And I'd love to see the Suns win because they haven't been good in a long ass time. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I don't think the Lakers have even been playing their best and they're still up 2-1 with home court now in their favor. We'll see.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:51 PM 05-29-2021
Holy cow there might actually be a close finish here. Memphis looks like they might fall apart here in the last 3 minutes though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:55 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Holy cow there might actually be a close finish here. Memphis looks like they might fall apart here in the last 3 minutes though.
They did.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:57 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They did.
Yep they sure did. Had hope for maybe one out of the 4 games today being good. Instead it's gonna end up a 17 point victory. Figures.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:05 PM 05-29-2021
The Jazz play good team ball and are better than the sum of their parts. They remind me a lot of that 14 Spurs team that destroyed the Miami team that had 4 HOfers on it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:12 AM 05-30-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The Jazz play good team ball and are better than the sum of their parts. They remind me a lot of that 14 Spurs team that destroyed the Miami team that had 4 HOfers on it.
You're talking about the same Spurs team that had future HOFers Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, right? :-)

I'm not sure the Jazz even have one player as good as any one of those four.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:33 AM 05-30-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
The league is just more a 3 point contest now. Teams launch 40 threes a game. From 1995-2005, teams averaged between 13-16 threes attempted per game. Then it jumped to around 18 for a while. Then it climbed...and climbed...to where we're at now. 34.6 threes attempted per game. I have nothing against the three ball. I'm not a purist in that sense. I love the three actually. I just miss seeing more to the game.

I've actually enjoyed the Suns Lakers series more than the others because they have players that remind me of old school players. Lebron of course. Davis has a great inside-mid range game. Ayton is good inside. Chris Paul is a master at the mid range game. They're shooting less threes than the other teams it seems, but they're still shooting 30 a game.

And I'd love to see the Suns win because they haven't been good in a long ass time. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I don't think the Lakers have even been playing their best and they're still up 2-1 with home court now in their favor. We'll see.
It would be interesting to see how the nba would change if they removed the 3 point line.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:10 AM 05-30-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You're talking about the same Spurs team that had future HOFers Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, right? :-)

I'm not sure the Jazz even have one player as good as any one of those four.
Mitchell is a stud and most of those guys were on the downside. That Spurs team was all compared to "those old dudes at the Y that don't look like much but run you off the court".
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:12 AM 05-30-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It would be interesting to see how the nba would change if they removed the 3 point line.
The easy answer is to let defense be played again. Like the MLB (prior to this year) and the NFL, the NBA has changed everything to favor offense. Get rid of the defensive 3 second call and let teams be physical. Quit rewarding all the flopping and guys looking to just draw cheap fouls.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:08 AM 05-30-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The easy answer is to let defense be played again. Like the MLB (prior to this year) and the NFL, the NBA has changed everything to favor offense. Get rid of the defensive 3 second call and let teams be physical. Quit rewarding all the flopping and guys looking to just draw cheap fouls.
Wouldn't getting rid of the 3 second violation just encourage more 3 point attempts?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:12 AM 05-30-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Portland is frustrating because they've had a chunk of years to find someone (other than CJ) to go along with Lillard and have a chance at really competing, but have completely failed.

At least Milwaukee actually looeds like they are trying to put something around Giannis
Yeah, they've got a weird squad.

Dame, CJ, Powell and Anthony are all capable of offensive explosions, but I feel like they struggle down low. I feel like they would have no answer for Anthony Davis, Jokic, Embiid/Howard, etc.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 190
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up