ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 190
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:05 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Hopefully he puts on his big boy pants and stays with the Bucks.
Fuck that.

He needs to maximized his earning potential in a large market, which isn't going to happen in Milwaukee.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:39 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
**** that.

He needs to maximized his earning potential in a large market, which isn't going to happen in Milwaukee.
I think the Bucks can go 250 million for 5. He won't be standing in the soup kitchen line anytime soon if he stays.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:46 PM 09-05-2020
I think the Bucks can go 250 million for 5. He won't be standing in the soup kitchen line anytime soon if he stays.
That's not the point, at all.

If Giannis goes to Golden State or the Knicks or any other large market team, he's going to sign massive endorsement deals that wouldn't otherwise be available if he stays in a small market like Milwaukee.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:49 PM 09-05-2020

If Giannis goes to Golden State or the Knicks or any other large market team, he's going to sign massive endorsement deals that wouldn't otherwise be available if he stays in a small market like Milwaukee.
Being from around KC I'm always going to root for the small market teams to keep their home grown stars for stars to not form super teams via FA.

Also LBJ was doing ok in Cleveland which is about half the size of Milwaukee. Favre and Rodgers also found their way on TV in spite of being from the cheese state.

It boils down to what his priorities are.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:20 PM 09-05-2020
Being from around KC I'm always going to root for the small market teams to keep their home grown stars for stars to not form super teams via FA.

Also LBJ was doing ok in Cleveland which is about half the size of Milwaukee. Favre and Rodgers also found their way on TV in spite of being from the cheese state.

It boils down to what his priorities are.
His priorities should be to earn as much money as possible, today, because tomorrow isn't guaranteed.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:26 PM 09-05-2020
His priorities should be to earn as much money as possible, today, because tomorrow isn't guaranteed.
I'll leave determining his priorities to him, but I know what I would like to see.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:28 PM 09-05-2020
I'll leave determining his priorities to him, but I know what I would like to see.
Yeah, me, too.

Make as much money as possible because it could all come to a crashing halt tomorrow.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:44 PM 09-05-2020

Yeah, just like Mahomes in KC.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:46 PM 09-05-2020
Yeah, me, too.

Make as much money as possible because it could all come to a crashing halt tomorrow.
Unless you're his agent or financial advisor, I don't see why you would really give a shit about whether Giannis makes 30 million in endorsements instead of 50 million. As a fan of the league, I want to see a competitive league with a lot of parity among all teams big and small. Not just a bunch of farm teams for the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, and Warriors.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:01 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, just like Mahomes in KC.
It's completely different.

NBA games don't draw in excess of 20 million people per game. Mahomes will be transcendent for the next 10-15 years while Giannis will likely begin his slide in the next 5-7 years.

Take the money while you can...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:04 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Unless you're his agent or financial advisor, I don't see why you would really give a shit about whether Giannis makes 30 million in endorsements instead of 50 million. As a fan of the league, I want to see a competitive league with a lot of parity among all teams big and small. Not just a bunch of farm teams for the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, and Warriors.

I'm all for athletes, regardless of their city or team, to earn as much money as possible because their careers can come to an end in a flash.

And the Knicks haven't been relevant nearly 25 years, so if you want a competitive league, then New York would be an ideal destination for him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:06 PM 09-05-2020
Nobody goes to the Knicks lol.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:09 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nobody goes to the Knicks lol.
Exactly!

:-)
[Reply]
lcarus 06:20 PM 09-05-2020
I'm all for athletes, regardless of their city or team, to earn as much money as possible because their careers can come to an end in a flash.

And the Knicks haven't been relevant nearly 25 years, so if you want a competitive league, then New York would be an ideal destination for him.
Well I guess it is time for the Knicks to be competitive again lol.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:52 PM 09-05-2020
Boston looks ROUGH.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 190
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up