ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>School's out for Summer!-AMA
displacedinMN 03:32 PM 06-09-2019
I said I would.

But a few classroom rules.
1. The answer to the obligatory question. No
2. There are no stupid questions-just stupid people that ask questions.
3. Teacher has the right to suspend you.
4. Teacher can take regular quarter and holiday breaks.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:50 PM 06-10-2019
Keep them coming .... I have all summer.

Teachers have 180 contracts. There are 365 days in year.

That means that for every day I work, I get a day off.

Why do teachers need three months off?
Because it takes that long to want to see kids again...... Sorry detox.

Most of the times we complain is just because you cannot make that stuff up in real life.

It takes 3 seconds for the body to put adrenaline in the body. It takes 30 minutes for the body to absorb it. Added adrenaline for hours at a time causes headaches, fat retention, heart problems etc. It takes 3 days to relax. Weekends are 2 and no one sleeps well on Sunday nights.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:37 PM 06-10-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I assume that to be the case. Just years of reading displaced's posts and he never, ever has anything nice to say about his students.

I've had teachers who loved their job. Ive had teachers who hated their job.

Generally speaking, the teachers who didnt seem like they wanted to be there got very little respect or results from their kids.

W/e, i'm not trying to be disrespectful. Maybe you only come here to vent, Displaced. Just stating my limited observations and experience.

someone once said
"there are teachers that love their job, and there are veteran teachers."
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:54 PM 06-10-2019
Which class would you LEAST want to teach for a semester?

A. An all-girl class of 20.
B. An all-boy class of 20.
C. A class of 20 students who have GPAs under 2.5, yet no learning disabilities.
D. A class of 20 "gifted" students who all have two helicopter parents.
E. A class of 7 students with strong ADHD and parents who don't believe in medicine.
F. A class of 40 students who are a typical mix.
G. A class of 12 Golden Retrievers.
H. A class consisting of Terrell Owens, Ray Lewis, Aqib Talib, Deion Sanders, and Dan Fouts.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:04 PM 06-10-2019
LOL Rain Man. Ray Lewis/Talib? Do you like in class murders or what?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:49 PM 06-10-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Which class would you LEAST want to teach for a semester?

A. An all-girl class of 20.
B. An all-boy class of 20.
C. A class of 20 students who have GPAs under 2.5, yet no learning disabilities.
D. A class of 20 "gifted" students who all have two helicopter parents.
E. A class of 7 students with strong ADHD and parents who don't believe in medicine.
F. A class of 40 students who are a typical mix.
G. A class of 12 Golden Retrievers.
H. A class consisting of Terrell Owens, Ray Lewis, Aqib Talib, Deion Sanders, and Dan Fouts.
Only Rain Man could compile this list. He has a great mind.

D or E. Helicopter parents are terrible. Heard the term snow plow parent that knocks everything out of the way. ADHD and no medicine? No thank you.

If I can teach H-do I get to use corporal punishment and get to carry a side arm or taser???????
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:58 PM 12-09-2019
Update---This year is pure hell.

I have decided...I am out..I am looking for an end date in education after 27 years.

I have hired a career consultant to rewrite my resume and give me some training to get out of the classroom and teaching.

Three weeks ago...I had it. I went to admin and told them things were so bad that my wife told me I could quit NOW. They asked what could I....I do to make a change and not quit...I said I was at the wall. I have no ideas and BEGGED for help. I cannot adapt to the SHIT I was experiencing and feeling and said that I questioned if I could continue in education with what I was seeing. 34 in a class and 10 second attention spans. No joke.

Broke down. Cried. Said I am 50. I cannot control a class anymore. My health is being jeopardized with what is happening. BP has increased 20 points in 2 months-I cannot leave the job at school and wake up at 1am with stress and thoughts about school.

Today I had to have admin take a class for me. Couldn't get 3 words out before I was interrupted.
[Reply]
notorious 06:02 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

I have decided...I am out..I am looking for an end date in education after 27 years.

I have hired a career consultant to rewrite my resume and give me some training to get out of the classroom and teaching.

Three weeks ago...I had it. I went to admin and told them things were so bad that my wife told me I could quit NOW. They asked what could I....I do to make a change and not quit...I said I was at the wall. I have no ideas and BEGGED for help. I cannot adapt to the SHIT I was experiencing and feeling and said that I questioned if I could continue in education with what I was seeing. 34 in a class and 10 second attention spans. No joke.

Broke down. Cried. Said I am 50. I cannot control a class anymore. My health is being jeopardized with what is happening. BP has increased 20 points in 2 months-I cannot leave the job at school and wake up at 1am with stress and thoughts about school.

Today I had to have admin take a class for me. Couldn't get 3 words out before I was interrupted.
Sorry to hear this, man.

If you still want to teach, find a small school with good leadership. I'm talking less than 100 students.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:09 PM 12-09-2019

That sucks, good educators are hard to come by. Sending good juju your way.
[Reply]
HayWire 06:12 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Sorry to hear this, man.

If you still want to teach, find a small school with good leadership. I'm talking less than 100 students.
This, maybe the commute wouldn't be bad if you could find a small town school?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:35 PM 12-09-2019

Christ almighty.

Deepest sympathies.

I have no idea what to tell you other than best of luck. If there is anything I can do, shoot me a PM.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:40 PM 12-09-2019

Oh my goodness.

Do it.

And please know we thank you for not only the near three decades of teaching, but enduring as long as you could.

Not your fault. It's the parents and current culture.

Enjoy your wife and life. Jobs and money are nothing more than a means to an end.

You'll on your feet. Good people always do.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:35 PM 12-10-2019
Thanks all. Stayed home today. Waiting for phone calls from a few people.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:41 PM 12-10-2019
What Stevie said. Life is more than a job you hate and that tries to kill you. Take care.
[Reply]
TLO 01:42 PM 12-10-2019
Thanks all. Stayed home today. Waiting for phone calls from a few people.
Best of luck to you, friend. Sounds like you are making a wise decision.
[Reply]
eDave 01:46 PM 12-10-2019
You've got a lot of connections out here man. All kinds of shit to do.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up