Page 679 of 934
« First < 179579629669675676677678679 680681682683689729779 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
scho63 07:51 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
BB At least it's a legit company, it may take a while but it will go up $20+ eventually no doubt about it.
Here's a question for you:

How many people do you know who own and use a BlackBerry?

How many people do you know who are going to give up their Android or iPhone to buy a Blackberry?

Find a Cell Phone dealer who sells a BlackBerry device or their services.

Then tell me do you really think it will hit $20?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:01 PM 06-17-2021
When AMC crosses $70 I want to put a stop loss, but don't want it taken out due to regular volatility. Any suggestions where to set it? I'm thinking a trailing SL at $20. That would lock in $50 but I just want to do it on 1/2 my shares just in case. My main account has an average price of 11.50
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:05 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:

How many people do you know who are going to give up their Android or iPhone to buy a Blackberry?

The company has always had its roots in security and privacy, but nowadays it is focused wholeheartedly on developing software and SAAS products for big companies.

they do way more then just phones
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:53 PM 06-17-2021

What else is Blackberry besides a cell phone company?

Do some research then get back to me.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:58 PM 06-17-2021
Blackberry needs to go back to it's previous name, Research in Motion.
[Reply]
scho63 09:48 PM 06-17-2021
A CEO that I worked for 3 different times since 1996 is 1st cousin to the co-founder.

I know the company very well. I spent time at the HQ years ago to discuss an alliance.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
When AMC crosses $70 I want to put a stop loss, but don't want it taken out due to regular volatility. Any suggestions where to set it? I'm thinking a trailing SL at $20. That would lock in $50 but I just want to do it on 1/2 my shares just in case. My main account has an average price of 11.50
If you want to take regular volatility out the only real place to put it is -5. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:50 PM 06-17-2021
So I’ve been busy as fuck and not paying attention to anything. I was at a board meeting and they said they heard Powell was calling for interest rate hikes the next 3 quarters. Is that right? And how did it not wreck the stock market?
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 04:30 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So I’ve been busy as **** and not paying attention to anything. I was at a board meeting and they said they heard Powell was calling for interest rate hikes the next 3 quarters. Is that right? And how did it not wreck the stock market?
Talk is cheap
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:43 AM 06-18-2021
A CEO that I worked for 3 different times since 1996 is 1st cousin to the co-founder.

I know the company very well. I spent time at the HQ years ago to discuss an alliance.
Then why was your question about their stock price tied to them being a phone maker that nobody buys anymore? If you really knew as much about them as you claim you'd know their business model isn't just cell phones.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:48 AM 06-18-2021
So I’ve been busy as **** and not paying attention to anything. I was at a board meeting and they said they heard Powell was calling for interest rate hikes the next 3 quarters. Is that right? And how did it not wreck the stock market?
No, he didn't say that. He said the hikes could come as soon as 2023.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:33 AM 06-18-2021
So I’ve been busy as fuck and not paying attention to anything. I was at a board meeting and they said they heard Powell was calling for interest rate hikes the next 3 quarters. Is that right? And how did it not wreck the stock market?
I didn't hear his speech. The dot plot all the governor's had two hikes in 2023. Regionals a few were as high as 1.5% by 2023.

They're still buying 80 billion in treasuries a month so they'd likely wind down the QE before upping rates. Theyve not set any timeline for beginning to wind that down yet though.

They raised IOER .05%. I think that was the "big" news.
[Reply]
scho63 07:20 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Then why was your question about their stock price tied to them being a phone maker that nobody buys anymore? If you really knew as much about them as you claim you'd know their business model isn't just cell phones.
I know their business has more depth than that but they aren't getting a lot of traction outside of Canada.

Why do you think their stock has been a dog for so long and so heavily shorted?

Short sellers are the most diligent investors and usually, not always, right about a business.

They risk the most of any investor.
[Reply]
scho63 07:25 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I didn't hear his speech. The dot plot all the governor's had two hikes in 2023. Regionals a few were as high as 1.5% by 2023.

They're still buying 80 billion in treasuries a month so they'd likely wind down the QE before upping rates. Theyve not set any timeline for beginning to wind that down yet though.

They raised IOER .05%. I think that was the "big" news.
The Fed claiming they dont see any rate hikes for 18 months with all this inflation is an incredibly dumb statement.

They run the risk of once again falling behind to slow down an overheated economy with way too much inflation.

The housing market is in a MASSIVE bubble.

I looked at upper end Townhomes in a Troon North development called The Edge. Very nice, about 15-20 years old, 2250-3500 sq ft that had resales at $385K-$450K when I arrived in March 2017.

They are now selling at $695K-895K. Just fucking out of control.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:08 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've held cruise stocks the whole time. I was in them pretty heavy when it hit, so I lost a ton of money and then held them in the hopes that they wouldn't go bankrupt and would eventually recover. I'm more or less back to breakeven now, so I'm proud of my iron will.

I'm not sure how much more they'll go up, though, because I figure they're still going to be less profitable companies for a while after recovery. But maybe if they reinstate their dividends at some point we'll see a boost.

You’re probably right. Those are a few I wish I had gotten in on at the bottom when COVID hit (pretty much true for everything, I suppose), but it was just so uncertain at that point.

Similarly, how do you feel about airlines? I’d imagine they will become profitable a bit sooner than cruises so maybe a bit more juice in that squeeze.
[Reply]
Page 679 of 934
« First < 179579629669675676677678679 680681682683689729779 > Last »
Up