ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 83
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2022 Mock Draft Megathread ***
duncan_idaho 12:45 PM 11-23-2021
Got a mock? Pop it in this thread. Include a picture if you want. Explain your reasoning if you want. Talk about your crushes... if you want.

See a good "pro" mock? Link it up in here and I'll add it to the OP.

Duncan's latest mock

Site
The Draft Network This mock seems to be the most accurate site right now, so I go with this one. I don't pay for it, so no trades here. The plan is for this to be my last mock. I'm going to do it differently, though. I'm running 3 scenarios, and eschewing the 7th round picks, which I would use on a big swings on athleticism and potential. Lotto tickets. James Houston IV is one of them. Note: I used PFF to simulate the trade action, then manually backed up in the 2 "trade" drafts to make selections. Laborious, but gives you best of both worlds, IMO. I think PFF's trade tool is the best, but its board is whack.

Draft slot: 29

Scenario 1: The Chiefs sit pat with their picks and don't make any moves at all. Seems the least likely, but hey...
1.29 | George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue.
1.30 | Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesota.
2.50 | George Pickens, WR, Georgia.
2.62 | Travis Jones, DT, UConn.
3.94 | Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State.
3.103(Comp for Poles) | Troy Andersen, LB, Montana State.
4.121 | Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati.
4.135 | Velus Jones, Jr., Tennessee

Scenario 1 Debrief:
So, sitting and waiting to see what comes to me was pretty successful here. The Chiefs FLOOD the defensive line with reinforcements, including at least 1 ready-made starter and two guys who should - at minimum - be in 50/50 rotations at their spots by year end. The Chiefs still get a big outside WR with tantalizing potential. They add some crazy athletic small-school guys, and a mid-round corner who just fits in the system, and a dynamo return man who might be more at WR.

This looks pretty good. Though I have a hard time believing Karlaftis just falls to 29...

Scenario 2: The Chiefs get aggressive and trade up. But for what? In this case, let's go wide receiver. In this run, Kansas City trades picks 29, 62, and a 2023 3rd to Houston for pick 13 and a 2023 4th, because they ARE as obsessed with a WR as people expect and are aggressive to go get him when the board falls right. They then trade BACK from 30 to 35 with the Jets, also including pick 94 in order to get 69 back. Then, last but not least, KC gets aggressive one more time and moves 103 and 121 for 85 from New England, leaving the Chiefs with 6 picks in the first four rounds.
1.13 | Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama.
2.35 | Cam Thomas, DE, San Diego State.
2.50 | Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor.
3.69 | Zachary Carter, DT, Florida.
3.85 | Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss.
4.135 | Jaylen Watson, CB, Washington State

Scenario 2 Debrief:
I'm not saying KC should do this or even that I think they will (more on that in a few minutes). I'm just saying, man, what will it look like if the Chiefs get aggressive a few times AND are doing the big move for a WR? In this scenario, KC obviously believes Williams is a game-changer at the NFL level and is taking a small 2022 hit to make 2023+ better. The defensive line still gets reinforced, but the reinforcements are all a shade worse than the sit-pat draft option. If you like Kingsley Enagbare or Josh PAscal more than Thomas, I get it and wouldn't quibble at one of those guys instead. Logan Hall, too. Pitre is such a screaming perfect fit for KC's D. Carter is a great physical talent you can dream about coaching up. Williams' utility is known and gives them a true RE option to pair against their higher-drafted bigger guy. Watson is a developmental corner.

I don't love it. I think Pitre makes the secondary a lot better and makes it easier to move on from Thornhill after 22. They have improved the defensive rotation, though one of the DEs would need to outperform expectations in Year 1 to get it to the same level as Scenario 1. In all, giving up the 2 extra selections in the top 4 rounds hurts the depth you can build, but I think it's more like what KC will do.

Scenario 3: Same movements as #2
1.13 | Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State.
2.35 | Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State.
2.50 | Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss.
3.69 | Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati.
3.85 | Martin Emerson, CB, Miss. State.
4.135 | Braxton Jones, T, Southern Utah

Scenario 3 Debrief:
This is the type of situation where I see KC paying the price to move up... if Johnson falls this far, I'd be shocked if KC isn't aggressively moving up. With this run, I take a risky but high upside WR in Watson (but you could sub in Pickens or Jahan Dotson or Tolbert or Metchie or Skyy Moore or really any of those tier 2 guys here if you prefer). The secondary reinforcements aren't flashy but are good fits.

In this one, I think the plan has to become adding either another safety or corner in free agency before the season. Ideally, it's someone who can handle the slot and let Sneed thriver on the outside. The DL gets a major boost and some potential star power in Johnson and Williams, and the OL gets another T option and potential long-term starter to develop.

Having completed the exercise and looking at the scenariors, I like the first one the most. But it really does come down to how the board breaks.

Older mocks
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:38 AM 02-21-2022
another interesting 4 rounder. I focused on defense early but still got a couple of immediate difference makers on offense as well as a physical man corner in the 4th. Traded down a couple spots and picked up a 3rd.

KC
32.
Cameron Thomas
EDGE San Diego State-prototype, high motor DE, highly productive.

trade icon
KC
62.
Jalen Pitre
S Baylor-no more Sorensen. Pitre is a much more dynamic athlete and this might be the biggest upgrade on defense we could make.

KC
94.
Nik Bonitto
EDGE Oklahoma-blurs the line between off-ball LB and Edge. This pick finishes off an elite young LB corps, as well as adding a serious rush threat. SAM, 3-4 OLB, nickel rushbacker; you name it, this kid can do it. Think Micah Parsons.

KC
97.
Alec Pierce
WR Cincinnati-prototypical 'X' receiver, big, physical, fast.

trade icon
KC
103.
James Cook
RB Georgia-dynamic playmaker for the RB rotation. Instantly becomes your primary back; a little small to be a workhorse (like McCaffrey), but as a first in your rotation guy, he's a home run hitter.

KC
134.
Alontae Taylor
CB Tennessee-good length and physical man corner, perfect for Spags.

I feel like I've improved the d-line, finished the LB corps, and upgraded two secondary spots as well as the RB room and WR room. Not bad.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
another interesting 4 rounder. I focused on defense early but still got a couple of immediate difference makers on offense as well as a physical man corner in the 4th. Traded down a couple spots and picked up a 3rd.

KC
32.
Cameron Thomas
EDGE San Diego State-prototype, high motor DE, highly productive.

trade icon
KC
62.
Jalen Pitre
S Baylor-no more Sorensen. Pitre is a much more dynamic athlete and this might be the biggest upgrade on defense we could make.

KC
94.
Nik Bonitto
EDGE Oklahoma-blurs the line between off-ball LB and Edge. This pick finishes off an elite young LB corps, as well as adding a serious rush threat. SAM, 3-4 OLB, nickel rushbacker; you name it, this kid can do it. Think Micah Parsons.

KC
97.
Alec Pierce
WR Cincinnati-prototypical 'X' receiver, big, physical, fast.

trade icon
KC
103.
James Cook
RB Georgia-dynamic playmaker for the RB rotation. Instantly becomes your primary back; a little small to be a workhorse (like McCaffrey), but as a first in your rotation guy, he's a home run hitter.

KC
134.
Alontae Taylor
CB Tennessee-good length and physical man corner, perfect for Spags.

I feel like I've improved the d-line, finished the LB corps, and upgraded two secondary spots as well as the RB room and WR room. Not bad.
I'll take ALL of that. Really the only pick that I could leave is Cook but with all of your other picks....I'm perfectly fine with taking him. I've been taking Taylor in the 3rd-4th round range alot lately and Pierce is my guy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 02-21-2022
Traded down with Detroit - 30 and 190 for 32 and 97.

32 - Cameron Thomas, DE, San Diego State
62 - Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama
94 - Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
97 - Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State
103 - Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
134 - Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee

Traded 241, 249 and 260 to Houston for 182
182 - Markquese Bell, S, Florida A&M

Traded 231 and a 2023 7th round to Houston for 204
204 - Joshua Williams, CB/S, Fayetteville State
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:23 AM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Traded down with Detroit - 30 and 190 for 32 and 97.

32 - Cameron Thomas, DE, San Diego State
62 - Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama
94 - Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
97 - Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State
103 - Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
134 - Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee

Traded 241, 249 and 260 to Houston for 182
182 - Markquese Bell, S, Florida A&M

Traded 231 and a 2023 7th round to Houston for 204
204 - Joshua Williams, CB/S, Fayetteville State
Man, I like that a lot. I could see something like this playing out, though I kind of expect Veach to move up from 62 in round 2.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:34 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Man, I like that a lot. I could see something like this playing out, though I kind of expect Veach to move up from 62 in round 2.
It's the two mock drafting ideologies, which are "what I/you would do" then there's "what will they would do"
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:08 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It's the two mock drafting ideologies, which are "what I/you would do" then there's "what will they would do"
Yeah...I don't know though. We kind of need a lot of bodies.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:38 AM 02-22-2022
Last 4-rounder I traded down with Detroit from 62 to 66 and 101 and got

30 - Jermaine Johnson - DE
66 - Jalen Pitre - CB/S
94 - Kerby Joseph - S
101 - Troy Anderson - LB
103 - Christian Watson - WR
132 - Kellen Dietsch - T

Probably more realistic in terms of Veach not routinely trading back, but in a world where he's interested in grabbing picks and where teams are pretty generous I got:

32 - Jermaine Johnson - DE
41 - Devonte Wyatt - DT
62 - Jalen Pitre - CB/S
64 - Boye Mafe - DE
94 - Kerby Joseph - S
100 - Christian Watson - WR
132 - Tyler Smith - T

I'm then generally spending later picks on DTs like Noah Ellis, athletic CBs with limited production and taking a swing at WR.

The problem I've had is knowing whether to be greedy and try to cover multiple positions or just really focus on DL and e.g. double dip at DE.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 PM 02-22-2022
KC
30.
Jermaine Johnson
EDGE Florida State-another physical freak, but with some production. Best Edge available at this spot, big upside.

KC
62.
Sam Williams
EDGE Mississippi-and yet another physical freak. With Johnson and Kaindoh, our new DL coach has plenty of athletic talent to coach up. If you can't make something out of all that, you suck.

KC
94.
Wan'Dale Robinson
WR Kentucky-dude is just a playmaker. Like a young Antonio Brown sans all the rape and temper tantrums.


KC
103.
Dameon Pierce
RB Florida-Veach prototype 3 down RB. Enough with the committee. Kareem who?

KC
134.
Alontae Taylor
CB Tennessee-Spags' prototype CB. Keep churning at this overly expensive position with young, cheap talent.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:00 PM 02-22-2022
Fun one today on PFN. I moved all over the board.
Here are the trades:
30 to 35 with NYJ, I gained a 2023 2nd round pick.
35 to 37 with HOU, I gained a 2023 3rd round pick, gave up a 2023 5th.
94 to 73 with WAS, I gave up KC's 2023 3rd and gained 188.
110 to 98 with NE (f/CLE), I gave up 134 and gained 175.
231 to 207 with MIN, I gave up 249 and 260.

37. Cameron Thomas EDGE San Diego State
62. Kyler Gordon CB Washington
73. Sam Williams EDGE Mississippi
98. Justyn Ross WR Clemson
175. Matt Henningsen DT Wisconsin
188. Nick Cross S Maryland
190. Kennedy Brooks RB Oklahoma
207. Bubba Bolden S Miami-Fl
241. Aaron Frost OT Nevada
2023 NYJ 2nd
2023 HOU 3rd

Impossible, but fun.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:30 AM 02-23-2022
Traded down from 30 (along with 190) to Dallas for 56, 88 and their 2023 2nd round pick. Ended up trying like 5-6 more times to move back up but no one would budge.

Didn't go past round 5 since the 7th round gets fucking tedious.

56. Sam Williams EDGE Mississippi
62. Jalen Tolbert WR South Alabama
88. Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati
94. Nik Bonitto EDGE Oklahoma
103. Bernhard Raimann OT Central Michigan
134. Calvin Austin III WR Memphis
2023 Cowboys 2nd round pick

Safety is a huge need but I think you can grab one in FA and backfill the other two spots. DT is also a decent need.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:45 AM 02-23-2022
30. Cameron Thomas, EDGE, San Diego State
62. Phidarian Mathis, IDL, Alabama
94. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
102. Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama
133. Josh Williams, CB, Fayetteville State
189. Smoke Monday, S, Auburn
230. Micheal Clemons, EDGE, Texas A&M
240. Verone McKinley III, S, Oregon
248. Jeremiah Gemmel, LB, North Carolina
[Reply]
JPH83 11:43 AM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Traded down from 30 (along with 190) to Dallas for 56, 88 and their 2023 2nd round pick. Ended up trying like 5-6 more times to move back up but no one would budge.

Didn't go past round 5 since the 7th round gets ****ing tedious.

56. Sam Williams EDGE Mississippi
62. Jalen Tolbert WR South Alabama
88. Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati
94. Nik Bonitto EDGE Oklahoma
103. Bernhard Raimann OT Central Michigan
134. Calvin Austin III WR Memphis
2023 Cowboys 2nd round pick

Safety is a huge need but I think you can grab one in FA and backfill the other two spots. DT is also a decent need.
Bonitto at 94 and Raimann at 103 would be very, very nice. Austin at 134 come to think of it as well. I'm less bothered about Tolbert and Bryant but can't hate those latter picks!
[Reply]
staylor26 07:29 PM 02-23-2022
30. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

62. Sam Williams, EDGE, Ole Miss

94. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia

102. Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson

133. Josh Williams, CB, Fayetteville State
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:06 PM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
30. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

62. Sam Williams, EDGE, Ole Miss

94. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia

102. Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson

133. Josh Williams, CB, Fayetteville State
Iíll take it.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:13 PM 02-23-2022
I been working trades on PFN trying to jump under 20. Not my favorite run through cause PFN doesn't have half the write ups that PFF do

19.
David Ojabo
EDGE Michigan

83.
Christian Watson
WR North Dakota State


103.
Haskell Garrett
DT Ohio State


134.
Tariq Castro-Fields
CB Penn State

190.
Tre Turner
WR Virginia Tech

231.
Mataeo Durant
Duke

241.
De'Shaan Dixon
Norfolk State

249.
Jeremiah Gemmel
LB North Carolina

260.
Andrew Stueber
OG Michigan
[Reply]
Page 13 of 83
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up