ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
Colorado, plus a $530,000 annual stipend 30 55.56%
Florida, plus a $250,000 annual stipend 24 44.44%
Gosh, I can't decide. 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mansionmania Tournament: Round 4, Heat 2
Rain Man 07:57 PM 11-27-2021
Mansionmania rolls along with our juggernaut Elite 8 4th-round contestants. You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

Colorado:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M90269-65083

Florida:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M67389-45908
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:59 PM 11-27-2021
Florida but honestly Florida is the ass and so is Aspen.

Nothing about Florida is appealing.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:12 PM 11-27-2021
We have another battle of mountains versus ocean here.

That Colorado house is darn nice. I really like the design and the setting is off the charts. The downside is of course that I'm not into six months of winter. It's also probably around 8,000 feet in elevation, which is a notable issue if I'm spending the rest of my life there. I'm going to have one of those portable oxygen tanks for the last five years of my life.

Florida is warm and sea level. It's in a big metro area, and the setting is also great in a different manner. I'll confess that I don't like the style as well as I like the Aspen house, though, and it's half the size. I also sunburn easily, which would be a constant issue of concern. Much of my stipend would go toward 50 spf sunscreen.

I'll go with Colorado, I think. The house is big enough that I can survive the winters, and the money will buy me reasonable access to Aspen.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:15 PM 11-27-2021
Colorado + Cash in Aspen for me.

I fucking hate humidity.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:33 PM 11-27-2021
Man, that blue water just calls to me. To go outside every day and to see that right in front of you would be a dream come true. Yes, humidity sucks, but you do have a POOL AND AN OCEAN RIGHT THE HELL THERE TO COOL OFF IN.

The Aspen house is just more appealing somehow. I think in this round, the starkness of the Florida house doesn't hold up to Colorado, I guess? I don't know. I'll go with high society living in the mountains this round. Can't hardly believe it, really.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:44 PM 11-27-2021
Normally I vote for the houses on the water but I really like that Aspen house, where the beer flows like wine.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:45 PM 11-27-2021
Evidently, I feel about Florida as others feel about California.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:20 PM 11-27-2021
I voted Colorado, but can someone explain to me what Photo 13 is? I'm stumped.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:27 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Pretty sure those are fossilized plants. Not sure fit that's the master bath or what, but it's pretty cool
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:36 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Pretty sure those are fossilized plants. Not sure fit that's the master bath or what, but it's pretty cool
Man, I never would have guessed that.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:45 PM 11-27-2021
Buehler could well be correct, but I am going with some kind of etched glass art, that was photographed poorly.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 06:55 AM 11-28-2021
looks like jizz to me
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:56 AM 11-28-2021
Colorado for me. First one in a while I've voted with what seems to be the majority.
[Reply]
oldman 08:58 AM 11-28-2021
I can't begin to tell you how much I hate snow. I don't care if it's for a day or the 6-7 months I'd have to live with it in Aspen. I'll take the heat and humidity because there's a wonderful invention called AC and a cement pond just outside the house. I kind of dig the whole Miami Vice look of the house. I'll just scrimp and save a portion of that $250K and in a couple years buy that Testarossa. Try driving that in the snow.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:28 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I can't begin to tell you how much I hate snow. I don't care if it's for a day or the 6-7 months I'd have to live with it in Aspen. I'll take the heat and humidity because there's a wonderful invention called AC and a cement pond just outside the house. I kind of dig the whole Miami Vice look of the house. I'll just scrimp and save a portion of that $250K and in a couple years buy that Testarossa. Try driving that in the snow.
I'll buy the Lambo or Ferrari AWD SUV instead.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up