ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Definitive Edition
Wallcrawler 01:50 PM 11-13-2021
Pretty happy with the purchase. Big blast of nostalgia with upgraded graphics and shooting controls.

Super fucking annoyed though, that for a so called "definitive edition" they failed to get the complete soundtracks to these games. More like an HD incomplete edition imo.

It's pretty jarring to experience the dead spots on the stations as well. Just really sucks because everything else is done so well. To have a company like R* that is swimming in cash, the fact that they wouldn't pay for the license rights to these missing songs to complete their again "definitive" edition is just inexcusable.

It's a cash grab, but it's a pretty damn good one if you can overlook the absolutely butchered soundtracks.

If you're a fan of the old GTA games, these are a helluva good time.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 02:08 PM 11-13-2021
Man,i can't imagine the hours one could waste re playing these games,not to mention being able to play multiplayer online now too.I think Vice City was always my favorite GTA game,but yeah it wouldnt quite be the same,without the original music.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:15 PM 11-13-2021
Re-started San Andreas last night and loving it so far. Hoping the blowback on the lighting issues for 3 and the soundtrack issues will give us updates/fixes soon.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:19 PM 11-13-2021
Of course they weren't going to pay for licensing. It's a cash grab. The funny thing is they didn't actually delete the songs, just disabled them. PC users can still access them which fucked everything up for PC users these last couple of days. Baffling way to go about things from R*
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:39 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Re-started San Andreas last night and loving it so far. Hoping the blowback on the lighting issues for 3 and the soundtrack issues will give us updates/fixes soon.
Gta 3 has a serious problem with its rain effects. You literally can't see jack shit until it passes, especially at night. I've turned brightness all the way up and contrast all the way down and it's still terrible visibility.

Vice City is probably the one I'm most happy with. I loved that game when it came out, and the weapon wheel and free aim options fix all of the complaints I had with the clunky combat system.

Tommy looks a LOT better with the upgrade. I'm probably gonna be sinking some significant hours into this the next couple of days. My girl had to get the Vax for work or her insurance rates were going to spike, so she's feeling like shit and just sleeping.

Leaves me free to play as much as I want.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:46 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Of course they weren't going to pay for licensing. It's a cash grab. The funny thing is they didn't actually delete the songs, just disabled them. PC users can still access them which ****ed everything up for PC users these last couple of days. Baffling way to go about things from R*
GTA has been a cash grab franchise since the launch of GTA Online.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:53 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Gta 3 has a serious problem with its rain effects. You literally can't see jack shit until it passes, especially at night. I've turned brightness all the way up and contrast all the way down and it's still terrible visibility.

Vice City is probably the one I'm most happy with. I loved that game when it came out, and the weapon wheel and free aim options fix all of the complaints I had with the clunky combat system.

Tommy looks a LOT better with the upgrade. I'm probably gonna be sinking some significant hours into this the next couple of days. My girl had to get the Vax for work or her insurance rates were going to spike, so she's feeling like shit and just sleeping.

Leaves me free to play as much as I want.
Vice City is probably my favorite out of the originals. San Andreas is better in a lot of ways since it of course came later, but I just love the vibe of Vice City. I hope GTA 6 goes back to Vice City. I'd love to see it fleshed out on next-gen consoles.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:11 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Vice City is probably my favorite out of the originals. San Andreas is better in a lot of ways since it of course came later, but I just love the vibe of Vice City. I hope GTA 6 goes back to Vice City. I'd love to see it fleshed out on next-gen consoles.
Same here. The Radio hosts, music, and setting just all clicked. It looked out of an 80's movie...
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:45 PM 11-15-2021
GTA Online is my shit right now. GTAV Online and RDR2 Online are filling my MMORPG needs since i dumped WoW 6 months ago.
[Reply]
TLO 06:20 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Vice City was too short. But I loved the feel of the game.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:52 AM 11-16-2021
They really did nail the 80s Miami vibe with Vice City. Personally, I slightly preferred San Andreas due to the 90s West Coast setting. Both were phenomenal.

GTA V was also an incredible game, but wasn't quite as magical as either Vice City or San Andreas.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:33 AM 11-16-2021
I loved GTA 3 and Liberty City Stories. I thought they added too much boring stuff in Vice City and SA. I remember getting so bored and annoyed by the Easy E character in SA that I just drove us both into the ocean mid-mission and turned the game off for good.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:51 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I loved GTA 3 and Liberty City Stories. I thought they added too much boring stuff in Vice City and SA. I remember getting so bored and annoyed by the Easy E character in SA that I just drove us both into the ocean mid-mission and turned the game off for good.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, you a straight buster.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:04 PM 11-17-2021
Hunted down all the hidden packages in VC last night. Draw distance may be improved, but for some reason, the packages don't load in until you are basically on top of them. I remember finding a lot of these in the helicopters on PS2 and you could see them much further away.

Hell there was one on the tail of a plane at the airport I knew for a fact was there, but even flying and almost landing the chopper on the plane, the package did not appear until I landed and approached on foot.

But I will say that Super annoyingly hard missions I used to struggle a lot with, I beat first try with the new free aim controls.

Sir yes sir, and the one where you have to save Lance from the junkyard were super easy when I could just aim where I wanted and not get fucked by some dumbass auto aim that wants to target a guy 50 yards away on a roof instead of the guy 5 feet from me shooting at me.

I know it's getting absolutely eviscerated and review bombed at this point, but I'm really enjoying the game.

I think some people were expecting GTA 5: VICE CITY, SA, and 3.

It's just the classic games with a graphics overhaul and slight tuning of the shooting mechanics. That's all I ever expected it to be, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Fix the rain, clean up the crashes on retrying missions, and I've heard of some script errors causing missions not to complete. Patch that stuff and the game is fine.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:37 PM 11-17-2021
Glad somebody is. They've managed to fuck this up to Cyber Punk levels in terms of the shit wrong with the game except it's because they have no ambition whatsoever instead of too much. Thats actually impressive and a damning indictment of just how far R* has fallen.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up