ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Predator being feminized
Hammock Parties 08:56 AM 11-12-2021
Just fucking terrific. Woke idiots.

The "Predator" franchise is getting a prequel titled "Prey."

“Set in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, the action-thriller follows Naru, the skilled warrior who fiercely protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator.” https://t.co/1zFJf5A5Me pic.twitter.com/k2R0iPEPrI

— Variety (@Variety) November 12, 2021

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:12 PM 11-12-2021
No matter the lead, the movie should last 5 minutes...about as long as it would take for one Predator to destroy every Native American in sight.
[Reply]
notorious 01:12 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I don’t necessarily have a problem with a female lead in these films but, I do have a problem with a Comanche female warrior.

I realize this is all just make believe but, alien life has never been disproven so it’s easier to accept the idea. However, we do know that the American Indians were not exactly progressive back in the day. Suspending disbelief on that issue is much harder to do.
DID YOU EVER THINK THAT IT MIGHT BE A DUDE THAT IDENTIFIES AS A WOMAN?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:13 PM 11-12-2021
Terminator, Alien and Predator (the originals) are all such a great blend of sci-fi, horror and action.. Idk how anyone could say they weren't great.

They also hold up surprisingly well today.
[Reply]
notorious 01:14 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Terminator, Alien and Predator (the originals) are all such a great blend of sci-fi, horror and action.. Idk how anyone could say they weren't great.

Leviathan is a lower budget alternative.

I've always enjoyed watching Deep Rising and Virus, too. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:14 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

[Reply]
ModSocks 01:24 PM 11-12-2021

They were great back then, sure. I loved those movies as a kid.

Had the action figures and everything. Predator was my dude. In Detoxing's young-boy action figure combat world, Predator would fuck up all the X-men. He once put Wolverine in the microwave incendiary machine and melted his face off. (9 y/o me didn't realize the microwave would fuck up wolverine as bad as it did)

But im just being real here, if those movies were made TODAY, they'd get shit on hard for the same reasons everyone shits on sci-fi monster movies today.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:26 PM 11-12-2021
Now you've gone too far..

Terminator, Alien and Star Wars are like the grandfathers of the modern sci-fi flick. T2, Aliens and Predator are some of the best action movies of all-time.
Sure.

Ever race a classic '67 Mustang against a brand new Coyote 5.0 Mustang?

Yeah the classic is original and great. It'd get rofl stomped off the track by a new Mustang.

My car analogy: Original is great. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck by today's standards.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:16 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They were great back then, sure. I loved those movies as a kid...

But im just being real here, if those movies were made TODAY, they'd get shit on hard for the same reasons everyone shits on sci-fi monster movies today.
My car analogy: Original is great. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck by today's standards.
I mean, yeah, but you've gotta view a lot of media through a different lens if you're taking it in in a different era. If Elvis Presley dropped "All Shook Up" today, it wouldn't even make radio rotation. Doesn't mean it isn't awesome.

These movies came out when special effects were just emerging so they're dated in that aspect. Plus there is just a clear difference in how the movies are made. Movies like Jaws, Alien, and Predator if they were released today would be eviscerated because you don't even see the creature until the last 15-20 minutes of the movie.

People are not so patient anymore, but it's not fair to grade older movies on a current scale.

Had the action figures and everything. Predator was my dude. In Detoxing's young-boy action figure combat world, Predator would fuck up all the X-men. He once put Wolverine in the microwave incendiary machine and melted his face off. (9 y/o me didn't realize the microwave would fuck up wolverine as bad as it did)
Wolverine would wreck a Predator!
[Reply]
HC_Chief 04:17 PM 11-12-2021
Comanche female warrior protects "her tribe" against a predator? Holy shit, Hollyweird is brain dead.
[Reply]
Bump 04:29 PM 11-12-2021
it's woke, but will it be woke enough?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:43 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
"Hey, Billy! The other day, I went up to my squaw, I said, "Y'know I'd like a little pussy". She said, "Me too, mine's as big as a teepee!"

."
“Geez you got a big pussy…..What?…..Geez you got a big pussy”

These sort of off color jokes have all but disappeared from modern films. Sad.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 07:53 AM 11-13-2021

Hashtag ... Not My Predator !
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:07 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
No.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:47 PM 11-13-2021

I mean, are you really worried they're going to have a 5'3" 120 pound chick killing a Predator in a straight-up fight?
Yes.

Hollywood doesn't do Sara Connor or Ripley anymore.

Now it's just Capt. Marvel level over the top...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:16 PM 11-13-2021
Stop getting worked up for no reason, you sexist pig.

This Predator will slaughter Native Americans and European settlers alike, most will be men. If this lady warrior beats him, it's because she's crafty like Arnie, Danny, Larry, etc.

I mean, are you really worried they're going to have a 5'3" 120 pound chick killing a Predator in a straight-up fight?

Nowadays?

Yes.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up