ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Predator being feminized
Hammock Parties 08:56 AM 11-12-2021
Just fucking terrific. Woke idiots.

The "Predator" franchise is getting a prequel titled "Prey."

“Set in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, the action-thriller follows Naru, the skilled warrior who fiercely protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator.” https://t.co/1zFJf5A5Me pic.twitter.com/k2R0iPEPrI

— Variety (@Variety) November 12, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:06 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's a shitty point, though, because Predators did exactly that. They literally hand-picked the baddest MFers on the planet and airdropped them into a jungle game reserve where they all got slaughtered.. and it still sucked.
It was actually OK. But casting Adrien Brody was a terrible choice. He's basically a chick.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:09 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
How many times do you need to extend Hollywood the benefit of the doubt? If you go to a restaurant and order their "Famous Shit Sandwitch" and they hand you a turd on a bun, how many times do you have to go back there before you accept that they really are selling shit sandwiches?
Even bad Predator movies are fun.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:13 AM 11-12-2021
I'm not sure I ever stopped to determine what sex the predator was in the first movies. Or why it matters
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:15 AM 11-12-2021

This chick was adopted into the Predator culture and legitimately fought Predators 1v1. It was totally ridiculous but still cool. And those were released in the 90's!

[/img]

Downloaded an omnibus edition. S.D. Perry wrote some good Trek tie-in fiction. Some not so good stuff too, but I'll give these a shot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:28 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm not sure I ever stopped to determine what sex the predator was in the first movies. Or why it matters
The masculinity of the lead is what matters.

This is a movie franchise founded by Arnold and Jessie Ventura talking about sexual Tyrannosaurs.

It doesn't work if there's even a hint of estrogen on set.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:32 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Downloaded an omnibus edition. S.D. Perry wrote some good Trek tie-in fiction. Some not so good stuff too, but I'll give these a shot.
Fair warning: I read these when I was a pre-teen/teen. I loved them then but, ya know, teenaged dudes don't often have the most cultured taste in media.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:34 AM 11-12-2021
Honestly, all of those great franchises from the 70s/80s have fallen hard over the years. Predator, Alien, Star Wars, Terminator, etc.

It's kind of crazy actually. You'd think as they expand the lore that they'd stumble upon some decent stories, but none of these franchises have really been able to consistently capture the magic of the originals.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:11 PM 11-12-2021
Clay’s vagina is bleeding. Not surprised.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:15 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Clay’s vagina is bleeding. Not surprised.
The only premise I can accept this movie on is that the Predator wipes the fucking floor with Pocahontas and massacres the tribe.

I'll sign up for that.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:37 PM 11-12-2021
I don’t necessarily have a problem with a female lead in these films but, I do have a problem with a Comanche female warrior.

I realize this is all just make believe but, alien life has never been disproven so it’s easier to accept the idea. However, we do know that the American Indians were not exactly progressive back in the day. Suspending disbelief on that issue is much harder to do.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:48 PM 11-12-2021
Honestly, all of those great franchises from the 70s/80s have fallen hard over the years. Predator, Alien, Star Wars, Terminator, etc.
They were never really all that great to begin with.

Predator and Alien have always been kinda campy, albeit fun sci-fi monster movies. That hasn't changed.

Star Wars was a marvel at the time, but i didn't grow up with that shit so there's no nostalgia at play for me. When i go back and watch old star wars movies now...tbh, i'm more entertained by the newer ones.

Star Wars is just one of those cultural phenomena i'll never understand. By most modern metrics, it fucking sucked.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:52 PM 11-12-2021
Detoxing's favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:54 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Detoxing's favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption.
Ive actually yet to see that one.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:10 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The only premise I can accept this movie on is that the Predator wipes the fucking floor with Pocahontas and massacres the tribe.

I'll sign up for that.
Stop getting worked up for no reason, you sexist pig.

This Predator will slaughter Native Americans and European settlers alike, most will be men. If this lady warrior beats him, it's because she's crafty like Arnie, Danny, Larry, etc.

I mean, are you really worried they're going to have a 5'3" 120 pound chick killing a Predator in a straight-up fight?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:11 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They were never really all that great to begin with.

Predator and Alien have always been kinda campy, albeit fun sci-fi monster movies. That hasn't changed.
Now you've gone too far..

Terminator, Alien and Star Wars are like the grandfathers of the modern sci-fi flick. T2, Aliens and Predator are some of the best action movies of all-time.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up