ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>The Matrix Resurrections (2021)
Tribal Warfare 07:06 AM 09-09-2021

[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:29 PM 09-10-2021
3 flat out pissed me off. 2 had enough symbolism, depth to it (and action), that I enjoyed it.

If we get something at 2 or better level, will be fun.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:54 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Certainly hope they got this one right, but considering the last two entries my hopes are low

So did Larry Fishburne get too fat to reprise his role, or did he die in a previous one and I just forgot because the movie sucked so hard?

"I have not been invited," Fishburne told New York Magazine. "Maybe that will make me write another play. I’m looking for the blessing in that. I wish them well. I hope it’s great."

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...eves-matrix-4/
[Reply]
listopencil 04:55 PM 09-10-2021
Wait, both of the Wachowskis are girls now? I guess I wasn't paying attention.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:58 PM 09-10-2021
Also:

"[Lana] had come up with this idea for another Matrix movie, and we had this talk, and it was actually—we started talking about it in between [our] dad dying and [our] mom dying, which was like five weeks apart. And there was something about the idea of going backward and being a part of something that I had done before that was expressly unappealing. And, like, I didn't want to have gone through my transition and gone through this massive upheaval in my life, the sense of loss from my mom and dad, to want to go back to something that I had done before, and sort of [walk] over old paths that I had walked in, felt emotionally unfulfilling, and really the opposite—like I was going to go back and live in these old shoes, in a way. And I didn't want to do that."

Wow. I didn't know that they lost their mom and dad just a few weeks apart like that. That's rough. I can understand Lilly just wanting to leave it alone.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:01 PM 09-10-2021
does not look appealing :-)
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 05:24 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
They were better directors when they were both guys.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:42 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Yes. This happened at least 15 years ago.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:43 PM 09-10-2021
Interesting that Joel Silver isn’t involved either? He’s worked with the Wachowskis since the 90s.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:44 PM 09-10-2021
Hoping this can be something a little bit different; have gotten burned out on Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek.

Reeves seems to do a good job with action and the Wick movies were interesting if not predictable.
[Reply]
Otter 07:50 AM 09-12-2021
Will watch but prepared to but let down. The Matrix was cool because it contained a Memento vibe. This looks like a Spiderman pop corn flick.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:34 AM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
3 flat out pissed me off. 2 had enough symbolism, depth to it (and action), that I enjoyed it.

If we get something at 2 or better level, will be fun.
I wouldn’t say that 3 pissed me off, but otherwise this is a pretty accurate post.

The trailer looks good but it’s impossible to know if the movie is any good from watching it.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:36 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I wouldn’t say that 3 pissed me off, but otherwise this is a pretty accurate post.

The trailer looks good but it’s impossible to know if the movie is any good from watching it.
Neo will come back aided by strong female characters. Neo will become Morphius. Strong female character will become the new Neo and point out all the ways Neo failed before. We will learn to hate Neo and Trinity because they will be "updated" with writing that doesn't fit their characters.

This flick might as well be called THE MATRIX: TRANSITIONS.

I really would love a good Matrix movie. I'd love a prequel with how Morphius became Morphius. I'd love the see the story of how the machines took over (and you wouldn't need any aged stars to reprise roles.) I'm just afraid we'll get repackaged fluff and member-berries...
[Reply]
Bowser 01:49 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Neo will come back aided by strong female characters. Neo will become Morphius. Strong female character will become the new Neo and point out all the ways Neo failed before. We will learn to hate Neo and Trinity because they will be "updated" with writing that doesn't fit their characters.

This flick might as well be called THE MATRIX: TRANSITIONS.

I really would love a good Matrix movie. I'd love a prequel with how Morphius became Morphius. I'd love the see the story of how the machines took over (and you wouldn't need any aged stars to reprise roles.) I'm just afraid we'll get repackaged fluff and member-berries...
I hope you're wrong, but fear you may be right.

There is clearly a new Morpheus, and I'm trying to decide if the blue haired Asian looking gal is the new Trinity, Neo, or Oracle. The dude that plays the new Agent Smith (I'm assuming) at the end looks intriguing.

This trailer has me pumped, but I'm afraid it's going to like The Last Jedi trailer - looks amazing; turns out to be a giant turd.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09-12-2021, 02:25 PM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Bowser 12:04 AM 09-13-2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:31 PM 11-18-2021
nice track pants neo :-)

[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up