ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Halloween Kills Trailer
Al Bundy 08:08 PM 06-24-2021

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:28 AM 06-27-2021
I thought the first Rob Zombie remake was actually pretty damned good. I literally cannot remember a single thing about the second, except that I didn't like it.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:48 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
So this is a sequel to Halloween 18 which is a directly sequel to H ‘78…in this continuity Michael is human per se but with a supernatural flavor, no one quite knows 100%. Loomis kept referencing this in the original and now Laurie is kind of leaning into it too.

Rob Zombie’s Halloween movies are abominations….

…and yeah that’s Anthony Michael Hall. He’s playing Tommy Doyle, the little boy from Halloween ‘78.
I wouldnt go out of my way to watch RZ Halloween,at the time the first one came out,i was just glad there was at least something new,as far as Halloween the franchise goes.It will never hold a candle to the original though,obviously. Thats interesting about Hall being in the new movie,i wonder why they don't ever explain what happened to the little girl Lindsay.Oh well.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:53 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I wouldnt go out of my way to watch RZ Halloween,at the time the first one came out,i was just glad there was at least something new,as far as Halloween the franchise goes.It will never hold a candle to the original though,obviously. Thats interesting about Hall being in the new movie,i wonder why they don't ever explain what happened to the little girl Lindsay.Oh well.
Lindsey Wallace is in Halloween Kills as well…played by the original actress from ‘78, Kyle Richards.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:55 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Oh, man, H20 might be my favorite of all of them.

1, 2, 4 and 5 hold a special place in my heart since I grew up watching them. I also happen to think those are pretty good movies.

Season of the Witch sucked. I haven't watched that one since I was a kid, though, so maybe it is a decent movie.

I had actually not seen 6 in its entirety until like a year ago or so. It's not very good, IMO.
I can totally agree that 6 is just a mess of a movie. They couldn't even decide on a coherent ending and had to make a "producer's cut" just to get an ending that made some kind of sense out to the few people who gave a shit. But I still like it for reasons I don't really get. It has Paul Rudd acting like a friggin weirdo and he kills Michael Myers with a pipe. Which is horrendously stupid but hilarious all at once.

Halloween 2 is my favorite. I like all of 1-6.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:59 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Lindsey Wallace is in Halloween Kills as well…played by the original actress from ‘78, Kyle Richards.
Oh good,i had no idea she was in it.I always thought it was weird she kind of had a boys name,Kyle,but she is pretty damn hot .Shit i thought i was a Halloween fan,i better take my ass back to school. Haha
[Reply]
Jerm 10:24 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I can totally agree that 6 is just a mess of a movie. They couldn't even decide on a coherent ending and had to make a "producer's cut" just to get an ending that made some kind of sense out to the few people who gave a shit. But I still like it for reasons I don't really get. It has Paul Rudd acting like a friggin weirdo and he kills Michael Myers with a pipe. Which is horrendously stupid but hilarious all at once.

I’m there with you…have no clue why I like H6 but I do lol.

Not near as much as others in the series but I’ll still watch it regularly.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:59 AM 06-27-2021

Halloween 2 was great. I love that it picked up right after the original. Imagine dealing with all of that shit, going to the hospital thinking it's over, and having to go through it all again in a different setting.

Guy must have killed like 20 people in town that night.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:22 PM 06-27-2021
Oh, man, H20 might be my favorite of all of them.

1, 2, 4 and 5 hold a special place in my heart since I grew up watching them. I also happen to think those are pretty good movies.

Season of the Witch sucked. I haven't watched that one since I was a kid, though, so maybe it is a decent movie.

I had actually not seen 6 in its entirety until like a year ago or so. It's not very good, IMO.
I just don't get how SotW sucked for so many people but I believe people just wanted Michael Myers story to continue so people were just butthurt and never mind H3 had more to do with Halloween than just a killer who kills on Halloween for no reason at all. H3 had the most original story and was set apart from the others and for that reason is my favorite of Halloweens. Yes fun to watch MM kill people but the scary part of H3 is that hundreds of thousands of kids and adults were goin watch a commercial wearing a mask that turns them into maggots.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 03:01 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I just don't get how SotW sucked for so many people but I believe people just wanted Michael Myers story to continue so people were just butthurt and never mind H3 had more to do with Halloween than just a killer who kills on Halloween for no reason at all. H3 had the most original story and was set apart from the others and for that reason is my favorite of Halloweens. Yes fun to watch MM kill people but the scary part of H3 is that hundreds of thousands of kids and adults were goin watch a commercial wearing a mask that turns them into maggots.
I'm there with ya,i used to be in that camp that didnt like it,but i totally do now.Just look at the OP here Al Bundy,he gets it,its right in his avatar.I always thought that if they didnt call it a Halloween movie,it wouldve been more accepted,just call it Season of the Witch.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:12 AM 06-28-2021
I've been anxiously waiting for Shudder to show Season of the Witch on The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs. He showed it before back when he was on TNT's Monstervision, and he doesn't like it. His co-host "Darcy the Mail Girl" loves it and it's like a recurring joke on their show that she tries to get him to give it another chance and show it again. But so far they haven't. They had a Halloween marathon where they showed 1, 4, and 5. Maybe this year they can do 2, 3, and 6 or something like that.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 04:10 PM 06-28-2021
I've been anxiously waiting for Shudder to show Season of the Witch on The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs. He showed it before back when he was on TNT's Monstervision, and he doesn't like it. His co-host "Darcy the Mail Girl" loves it and it's like a recurring joke on their show that she tries to get him to give it another chance and show it again. But so far they haven't. They had a Halloween marathon where they showed 1, 4, and 5. Maybe this year they can do 2, 3, and 6 or something like that.
That seems odd they would do a marathon and skip part 2,and go straight to part 4,maybe they will change it up this year.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:59 PM 06-28-2021
Last October during AMC's Fear Fest they kept skipping the second one! Literally didn't play it a single time all month.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:05 PM 06-28-2021
Last October during AMC's Fear Fest they kept skipping the second one! Literally didn't play it a single time all month.
Yeah 2 and 3 are owned by Universal from what I could find. So they must be stingy with the streaming rights at the moment or something. The first Halloween is owned by Compass International Pictures, 4 & 5 are owned by Trancas International Films, Curse/H20/Resurrection are owned by Miramax.

2 and 3 were on Shudder at one point. I think AMC Plus has the streaming rights to them at the moment. I don't know how those things work but I'm guessing these streaming companies own the rights to certain things for a certain amount of time. Might be a Dane question.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:55 AM 06-29-2021
Watching the 2018 movie now. 10 minutes in and boom:

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:24 PM 09-08-2021
Variety review dropped. Sounds like standard slasher sequel fair…..

https://variety.com/2021/film/review...en-1235058590/
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up