ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Halloween Kills Trailer
Al Bundy 08:08 PM 06-24-2021

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:08 AM 06-25-2021
I will never not watch a new Halloween flick (unless they try to pull some more Season of the Witch bullshit). The last one was awesome, I hope this one is as well.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:36 AM 06-25-2021
I dunno... these really do nothing for me. They're not scary and you know its just going to try to top the gore from the last with a MM that apparently never ages. Kinda ... meh.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:12 AM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I will never not watch a new Halloween flick (unless they try to pull some more Season of the Witch bullshit).

The last one was awesome, I hope this one is as well.
I'm not even sure I knew the series had been rebooted. The last one I watched was one of the terrible Rob Zombie versions. Wikipedia says that there are already plans for a third movie.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:06 AM 06-26-2021
I will never not watch a new Halloween flick (unless they try to pull some more Season of the Witch bullshit). The last one was awesome, I hope this one is as well.

Yeah well I happen to like the Season Of the Witch as in the best of the Halloween saga. I mean you get the same fucking boring story of Michael Myers killing and just can't die nor can Jason Voorhees who watched his own mother get decapitated as a kid that had to be tragic. What did Michael Myers childhood make him become so evil?

They could have had a different story for every "Halloween" movie and make them scary as fuck because you wouldn't know what to expect, but with Michael Myers it's pretty much just on going killings and not original like Season of the Witch. To each their own.

Also nice Easter Egg in the trailer showing the masks from Halloween III that was dope.
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:21 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
What did Michael Myers childhood make him become so evil?

That's the point of the original that the sequels fucked up. He doesn't have a super secret origin. He is part of a nice normal family in a nice normal suburb. He wasn't abused, he didn't witness some horrible tragedy, and he isn't some supernatural monster. He's evil. The fact that he's the boy next door is what makes him scary.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:23 PM 06-26-2021
Day 1….my most anticipated movie of 2021 by far.

Can’t wait!
[Reply]
Rausch 10:54 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Day 1….my most anticipated movie of 2021 by far.

Can’t wait!
I like the spin on the theme. Is that cello?

So what's the story with him in this rebooted story? Is he supernaturally powered or supposedly just human or what?...
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:30 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
That's the point of the original that the sequels fucked up. He doesn't have a super secret origin. He is part of a nice normal family in a nice normal suburb. He wasn't abused, he didn't witness some horrible tragedy, and he isn't some supernatural monster. He's evil. The fact that he's the boy next door is what makes him scary.

I disagree. He is a demon or monster of supernatural strength and so far cannot die no matter how many times he is shot burnt or ran over. What's his purpose? Just to kill family he for no reason at all and anyone who gets in the way. Yes that's pure evil but no explanation except he is a lunatic that was in mental hospital most of his life but gets out on Halloween just to kill again.

He is no better than Jason Voorhees and Jason has more kills and if it weren't for those damn camp counselors that should have been watching him instead of letting him drown his mom wouldn't have had to kill and then he had to avenge his moms death that he witnessed get beheaded. Poor Jason but Michael Myers is just a killing lunatic with no purpose other than to kill.

Halloween III Season of the Witch has more to do with Halloween than the Michael Myers that just kills for the sake of killing on Halloween but SOTW tells a more sinister tale that is bone chilling to think about masks that turn kids into maggots and worms. It has way more dark value and the essence of Halloween.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:38 AM 06-27-2021
Yeah well I happen to like the Season Of the Witch as in the best of the Halloween saga. I mean you get the same fucking boring story of Michael Myers killing and just can't die nor can Jason Voorhees who watched his own mother get decapitated as a kid that had to be tragic. What did Michael Myers childhood make him become so evil?

They could have had a different story for every "Halloween" movie and make them scary as fuck because you wouldn't know what to expect, but with Michael Myers it's pretty much just on going killings and not original like Season of the Witch. To each their own.

Also nice Easter Egg in the trailer showing the masks from Halloween III that was dope.
When I first became a big fan of the series, they were already up to Halloween 4, so when I went back to watch the whole series, Season of the Witch just didn't fit. But now that they've made 50 Myers sequels, remakes, and reboots, SotW stands out as the only unique film in the series.

I like that Michael Myers doesn't have the cliche traumatic childhood. I like the idea he came from a normal family with no reason for becoming an evil killer. That makes it all the more eerie to me.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:44 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
When I first became a big fan of the series, they were already up to Halloween 4, so when I went back to watch the whole series, Season of the Witch just didn't fit. But now that they've made 50 Myers sequels, remakes, and reboots, SotW stands out as the only unique film in the series.

I like that Michael Myers doesn't have the cliche traumatic childhood. I like the idea he came from a normal family with no reason for becoming an evil killer. That makes it all the more eerie to me.

I personally just think MM was born without a soul and therefor feels the need to kill to gain that soul but want's his sisters soul most of all but no matter what he just can't feed off the souls of his victims because he doesn't have a right to their soul so he just keeps killing because he has no soul. Just my theory that MM was born without a soul.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:02 AM 06-27-2021
I personally just think MM was born without a soul and therefor feels the need to kill to gain that soul but want's his sisters soul most of all but no matter what he just can't feed off the souls of his victims because he doesn't have a right to their soul so he just keeps killing because he has no soul. Just my theory that MM was born without a soul.
I like that theory better than the whole "curse of the thorn" BS they tried to pull in Curse of Michael Myers. Though I still do like that movie lol. As bad as it is, it was the last one of the original series to me. 1 through 6 is it. H20 was boring and Resurrection is the worst Halloween movie ever made. 6 was also the last one with Donald Pleasence so that probably has a lot to do with how I feel about it too.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 08:53 AM 06-27-2021
I thought the first RZ Halloween was decent,but thats part of what he kind of fucked up,making young MM have a pretty bad childhood,instead of a normal one.But,his vision was different i suppose.Btw,is that Anthony Michael Hall in the new trailer ?
[Reply]
Jerm 09:14 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I like the spin on the theme. Is that cello?

So what's the story with him in this rebooted story? Is he supernaturally powered or supposedly just human or what?...
So this is a sequel to Halloween 18 which is a directly sequel to H ‘78…in this continuity Michael is human per se but with a supernatural flavor, no one quite knows 100%. Loomis kept referencing this in the original and now Laurie is kind of leaning into it too.

Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I thought the first RZ Halloween was decent,but thats part of what he kind of fucked up,making young MM have a pretty bad childhood,instead of a normal one.But,his vision was different i suppose.Btw,is that Anthony Michael Hall in the new trailer ?
Rob Zombie’s Halloween movies are abominations….

…and yeah that’s Anthony Michael Hall. He’s playing Tommy Doyle, the little boy from Halloween ‘78.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:25 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I like that theory better than the whole "curse of the thorn" BS they tried to pull in Curse of Michael Myers. Though I still do like that movie lol. As bad as it is, it was the last one of the original series to me. 1 through 6 is it. H20 was boring and Resurrection is the worst Halloween movie ever made. 6 was also the last one with Donald Pleasence so that probably has a lot to do with how I feel about it too.
Oh, man, H20 might be my favorite of all of them.

1, 2, 4 and 5 hold a special place in my heart since I grew up watching them. I also happen to think those are pretty good movies.

Season of the Witch sucked. I haven't watched that one since I was a kid, though, so maybe it is a decent movie.

I had actually not seen 6 in its entirety until like a year ago or so. It's not very good, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up