Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Media Center>Windows 11
eDave 06:48 PM 06-15-2021
Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:44 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The new UI just turns me off every time I remote into a customer's machine and they have this shit installed.
That's why you tell them that they haven't released a remote client that works with Windows 11 yet, easy peasy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:08 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Wait till they start accidently key stroking a VM and lose all their work... That will be fun to explain.
:-)

"YOU TOLD US THERE WERE NO ISSUES WITH WINDOWS 11"

"Hi there! That is true. There aren't any issues with the application running on Windows 11. However, Windows 11 does introduce some features that might cause problems for you if the OS is improperly used. You might be more comfortable in a Windows 10 environment, especially since we didn't tell your dumb ass to upgrade."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
That's why you tell them that they haven't released a remote client that works with Windows 11 yet, easy peasy.
I would love to do that but they would be absolutely furious with me when they discovered my co-worker could remote in just fine. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 11:35 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Me:
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:46 PM 03-02-2022
Just started getting the "your system will run better on Win11" sorts of messages. Anybody taken the leap? If so, was it worth it? Win10 has been SOLID on all my devices so I'm stuck between "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "it'll make things better"... Ugh!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:49 PM 03-02-2022
You answered your own question.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

We're a ways out before W10 is no longer supported.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:58 PM 03-02-2022
I am getting--this device will not support win 11.

I am due for a new laptop anyway. My wife has not upgraded hers yet.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:33 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Just started getting the "your system will run better on Win11" sorts of messages. Anybody taken the leap? If so, was it worth it? Win10 has been SOLID on all my devices so I'm stuck between "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "it'll make things better"... Ugh!
I have a new Surface that came with Windows 11 and it seems..., fine.

Honestly haven't really noticed that much better or worse. Although my main desktop is certainly capable of running Windows 11, haven't seen a big reason to switch from 10 to 11 on it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:36 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I have a new Surface that came with Windows 11 and it seems..., fine.

Honestly haven't really noticed that much better or worse. Although my main desktop is certainly capable of running Windows 11, haven't seen a big reason to switch from 10 to 11 on it.
Right on. My Surface was the first Win10 device to ask if I wanted Win11.

I'll wait...
[Reply]
Boon 10:27 PM 03-02-2022
I think you wiill need a MS account for WIN 11. That sux.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:43 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Boon:
You need at least a junk email with a junk MS account. But once you activate it, you can still create/use a 'local' account on your device that is not tied to an email.

But yea, annoying.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:43 PM 03-02-2022
You need at least a junk email with a junk MS account. But once you activate it, you can still create/use a 'local' account on your device that is not tied to an email.

But yea, annoying.
[Reply]
Fish 11:23 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It's fine. Runs just the same as Win10. The original start menu was clunky, but with the latest updates I'm fine with it. Performance is the same. The windows grouping options are pretty nice. It's a very solid OS. All my games run fine.
[Reply]
Fish 11:25 PM 03-02-2022
No, you can still create an offline account. When you get to the part during setup where it says "Let's add your Microsoft Account," just click on Sign-in Options and select Offline Account.

EDIT: So, apparently the above method does not work with the Win11 Home version. Apologies, I never use the Home version. Supposedly there is a method to still create an offline account with the Win11 Home version by doing a sneaky disconnect of the internet during setup. But if you want seamless install of an offline account, don't get the Home version.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:43 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's fine. Runs just the same as Win10. The original start menu was clunky, but with the latest updates I'm fine with it. Performance is the same. The windows grouping options are pretty nice. It's a very solid OS. All my games run fine.
I bought a new laptop with 11. I need to upgrade my work rig because I bought a giant ass monitor and the windows grouping looks nice.
[Reply]
Otter 10:56 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I am getting--this device will not support win 11.

I am due for a new laptop anyway. My wife has not upgraded hers yet.
My work desktop gets the same message. I'm almost certain it's because you don't have a TPM chip. The requirements for Win11 are actually quiet miniscule all things considered.

They (the industry) wants us to buy new PCs.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/25/2...ement-security
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up