Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Old person I've never heard of
RealSNR 10:54 PM 05-29-2021
RIP
[Reply]
Frazod 08:41 AM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
This was in January, but Gregory Sierra died at age 83. He was on so many TV shows as a semi-regular, it's hard to pick one.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0797268/?ref_=nm_mv_close

I saw he was a regular on Barney Miller the first two seasons '75-'76, which I did watch. The creator of BM started a new show and picked Sierra to be it's star, which he jumped at. I don't remember the show, it was Hudson Street and lasted only one season in '78.

Then I started reading more on the guys on Barney Miller and saw Ron Glass and me had the same birthday, July 10th but he was five years older but died in 2016.

It was said he was gay and had a long term relationship with the actor who played Luke on the daytime soap, Tony Geary. I didn't watch soaps, but about 1980 this photo was on the cover of every tabloid, People magazine and anything else at the checkout counter, you couldn't miss it.

Tony Geary was said to have two year relationship with Liz Taylor back during the Luke and Laura days, but anyone who knows Liz, for some reason she had a thing for gay men, Rock Hudson and Montgomery Cliff come to mind. As far as Ron Glass, I only found that it was a long term relationship with Tony Geary.

Another North and South connection - Genie Francis, the actress who played Laura played Swayze's other sister (the good one). She's married to Jonathan Frakes of Star Trek fame, another North and South cast member.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:47 AM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Then I started reading more on the guys on Barney Miller and saw Ron Glass and me had the same birthday, July 10th but he was five years older but died in 2016.
I used to run into Ron Glass regularly at the now closed Victor's Deli & Restaurant. Ron was always pleasant and quiet and never seemed interested in drawing any attention to himself. I think the last time I saw him was around 2012ish and he was always alone.

On a side note, Victor's Deli was absolutely amazing and by far the best deli I've ever had, including in New York. It was owned by none other than The Teflon Don's brother, Bill Gotti, who was another great guy to be around.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:31 AM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Ron Glass was probably my favorite on Barney Miller. I was thrilled when he showed up on Firefly and was very sad when he passed.
Barney Miller is one of my favorite shows ever. Dietrich was my favorite character. He cracked me up on a regular basis.

Oddly, I wasn't that fond of most of the characters when taken individually, but as a group they were great.

Dietrich had one of my favorite TV lines ever. At the end of of one episode a bunch of them were watching TV when someone (Barney?) showed up. Dietrich said, "Hey, hang around. Taxi starts in five minutes." Taxi was the show directly after Barney Miller. What were they watching? WHAT WERE THEY WATCHING?
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:39 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Barney Miller is one of my favorite shows ever. Dietrich was my favorite character. He cracked me up on a regular basis.

Oddly, I wasn't that fond of most of the characters when taken individually, but as a group they were great.

Dietrich had one of my favorite TV lines ever. At the end of of one episode a bunch of them were watching TV when someone (Barney?) showed up. Dietrich said, "Hey, hang around. Taxi starts in five minutes." Taxi was the show directly after Barney Miller. What were they watching? WHAT WERE THEY WATCHING?
We will never know!:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:15 PM 07-13-2021
Speaking of;

Whhhahattt . . . Does . . . A YELLOW . . . Light . . . Meaan!!!!!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:46 PM 07-16-2021
RIP Biz Markie…

This is so so sad. RIP, Biz. https://t.co/xZXTVd4WO1

— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) July 17, 2021

[Reply]
Flying High D 07:54 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Patrick Swayze had, what, Outsiders and Red Dawn under his belt at that time.

North and South and Lonesome Dove led me to read everything John Jakes and Larry McMurtry. . . I mean everything. Back in my 'read everything I could get my hands on' phase. Bradbury, Asimov, L'Engle, Tolkien, Herbert, CS Lewis, and eventually Bachman/King [and of course starting with all the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew/Encyclopedia Brown, etc].
Big fan of his. Read all his writings. When I went to A & M they had a display of his school work when he went school there in the school library. He flunked out and got horrible grades on his papers. His papers were awesome. Fuck English teachers, at least the ones he and I had. I took an English class got a D in it. Had to retake it, basically turned the same shit in the 2nd go around and got an A.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 05:51 PM 07-17-2021
When do you become officially old in Chiefs Planet? Is it 50?
[Reply]
eDave 11:40 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
RIP Biz Markie…

This doesn't belong here.
[Reply]
srvy 01:30 AM 07-18-2021

One of my favorites also. Dietrich was the king of dry humor one of Carson and later Letterman's favorites. He cracked them both up.
[Reply]
srvy 01:52 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
For some reason I never really got into Night Court. The times I did watch it it was pretty funny. I used to watch something else that was on at the same time. But for the life of me I can't remember what. Thinking it was something that was on PBS. :-)
Simon and Simon?
[Reply]
Flying High D 02:36 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Simon and Simon?
You might of been reading a book published by Simon and Schuster.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:04 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
When do you become officially old in Chiefs Planet? Is it 50?
Get Bent, Boyo....
[Reply]
alanm 08:56 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Simon and Simon?
Nah Simon and Simon always came on at 9 after Magnum PI. And that was Thursday. Night Court was on Tuesday. I think I usually watched Frontline on PBS.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 08:00 AM 07-25-2021
Jackie Mason, rabbi-turned-comedian who perfected amused outrage, dies at 93.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...93/8084660002/

RIP
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up