ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 556 of 3903
« First < 56456506546552553554555556 55755855956056660665610561556 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:07 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
thankfully we don't have many in north America under 50 with heart disease, diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure) and lung disease or cancer .
That's not the point, dickhead.

The people who are dying from COVID are at-risk groups, not young, healthy individuals.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:09 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am not saying this is the flu so don't go there. But do keep these numbers in mind:

So far this flu season we have had almost 150 pediatric deaths and 16,000 deaths in this country alone.

We are at 277 from Covid-19 in this country so far.

So as the media keeps printing headlines to stir up the most drama and hysteria, please keep this in mind.

Again, I am not saying this is the flu, just trying to provide some perspective of some "other things" going on besides coronavirus.
Pete, that is with tens of millions of people having contracted the flu. I would hope that tens of millions have already gotten COVID-19, but we don't have the information that would indicate that yet. What we do know is that hospital systems are already starting to show severe strain, and if this exponential growth in confirmed cases, deaths, and hospitalizations occur, that system will buckle. If it does it is going to be the biggest calamity of our lifetimes.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:10 AM 03-21-2020
I am not saying this is the flu so don't go there. But do keep these numbers in mind:

So far this flu season we have had almost 150 pediatric deaths and 16,000 deaths in this country alone.

We are at 277 from Covid-19 in this country so far.

So as the media keeps printing headlines to stir up the most drama and hysteria, please keep this in mind.

Again, I am not saying this is the flu, just trying to provide some perspective of some "other things" going on besides coronavirus.
when has calling people hysterical ever calmed things down , pro tip do not attempt with wife.
you can call it the flu as long as you call it the deadlier flu.
[Reply]
burt 09:10 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

The people who are dying from COVID are at-risk groups, not young, healthy individuals.
This could easily be the year of ThaVirus....
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:11 AM 03-21-2020

It's not just about deaths but hospitalizations and intensive treatment requirements. And those with comorbidities, even if younger, will still require treatment, which soaks up already withering and limited resources.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:11 AM 03-21-2020
States reporting 0 new cases so far today:

Washington
New Jersey
Illinois
Florida
Georgia
Massachusetts
Colorado
Connecticut
Nevada
South Carolina
Minnesssota
Oregon
Utah
Alabama
Mississippi
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Oklahoma
Iowa
Vermont
New Mexico
South Dakota
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:14 AM 03-21-2020
So glad I went Thursday...

Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Independence Costco this morning..

[Reply]
petegz28 09:14 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Pete, that is with tens of millions of people having contracted the flu. I would hope that tens of millions have already gotten COVID-19, but we don't have the information that would indicate that yet. What we do know is that hospital systems are already starting to show severe strain, and if this exponential growth in confirmed cases, deaths, and hospitalizations occur, that system will buckle. If it does it is going to be the biggest calamity of our lifetimes.
I said I wasn't comparing it to the flu. Just focusing on some raw numbers.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:14 AM 03-21-2020

my point is a lot of people have underlying health issues even under 50. you can't tell somebody has high blood pressure by looking at them.(educated guess maybe) you would be surprised how many people in their late 30s and 40s on blood pressure meds.

https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/hea...ucm_319587.pdf

and this is just hypertension, not including the others I listed
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
This is kind of my hope right now. I hope it’s been here longer than we think and it’s already kind of swept thru

Serology testing has begun in Korea and China so we’ll have some answers sooner than later
[Reply]
petegz28 09:18 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So glad I went Thursday...
I got extremely lucky yesterday in Olathe. Walked right in and even got TP. Tons of people waiting to get in when I left though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:19 AM 03-21-2020
States reporting 0 new cases so far today:

Washington
New Jersey
Illinois
Florida
Georgia
Massachusetts
Colorado
Connecticut
Nevada
South Carolina
Minnesssota
Oregon
Utah
Alabama
Mississippi
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Oklahoma
Iowa
Vermont
New Mexico
South Dakota
With no wide spread testing, thats an irrelevant point in time.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:20 AM 03-21-2020
I said I wasn't comparing it to the flu. Just focusing on some raw numbers.
Yeah, but you are focusing one one set of numbers with well-known inputs, and another with very poorly-known inputs, so the two don't really correlate.

I hope that the hospitalization rate for COVID-19 infection is far, far less than 20%. I hope it's less than 2%. But we don't yet know what it is. If it ends up being much higher than the flu, we're in serious trouble, especially as it looks like it might be much more infectious.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:21 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
With no wide spread testing, that's an irrelevant point in time.
Why do you always choose to focus on the most negative aspects of this regardless of the numbers?

JFC
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:21 AM 03-21-2020

Yeah but the ones that are not dying are losing between 20 to 40% of their lung function.
[Reply]
Page 556 of 3903
« First < 56456506546552553554555556 55755855956056660665610561556 > Last »
Up