ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 516 of 3903
« First < 16416466506512513514515516 51751851952052656661610161516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bwana 10:49 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
IRS announced they have moved the tax deadline to June.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes...UeS?li=BBnb7Kz
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:51 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
July
Originally Posted by Bwana:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes...UeS?li=BBnb7Kz
WOOT! I’ve put it off this year. :-)
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:55 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I got my taxes back on Monday.

Couldn't have asked for better timing.
I had to pay in this year. You'd be amazed at how quickly they cashed those checks, lol.
[Reply]
Monty 10:57 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
ummm the SBA classifies it as 500 or less...up to 1500 in some industries.

i should know, there have been things ive not qualified for over the years due to not having enough employees
I'm well aware of the SBA Classifications, thank you. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
How long until a cop shoots someone, or a cop gets shot?

I don't like this at all.
I'll be honest - I'm still trying to figure out if you're trolling or simply the most emotionally unstable person on the planet.

You emote more wildly (and in more directions) than any sane person has a right to. It was all "haha, look at the preppers" a week ago and now you see a train with half-built trucks on it and you're pretty sure the Army's about to round up anyone that sneezes.

Let's just take about 20% off 'er there, okay squirrely dan?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:03 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I ran vents in the OR during my residency at Truman, Research, St. Luke’s, Children’s Mercy and Menorah. But that was a long time ago. So that will free up some doctors to run vents but doesnt increase the total RT’s I posted earlier.

Curious, are RT’s still intubating patients or is that all Doctors these days?

Depends where you are but doctors are not the ones doing the majority of intubation or managing airways and monitoring patients in surgery. I don’t know about the ICU though. In the ORs in KS CRNAs intubate and are the sole anesthesia provider in states that allow it such as KS and places that go that route. But even within that, in Kansas for example, it seems to depend on the hospital system if they have anesthesiologist or not. But either way CRNAs intubate with some places having anesthesiologists present if they prefer it, but they don’t stay during the whole case. CRNAs run the breathing and drug administration and keep the patients out and whatever else needed. There is no requirement for the doctor to be present in the room or at the location at all though so it really depends on each hospital system and even individual doctor within that.

In Missouri they have CRNAs as well as AAs who act similarly to CRNAs but they are not trained ICU nurses like CRNAs. They also cannot work independently. I also don’t believe they can intubate without anesthesiologist present but not 100% on that. But these are the people managing airways and running ventilators in the OR. I can’t speak to when RTs where removed from the ORs. But with AAs, even though they can run one since they are not trained ICU nurses I don’t know if they could assist patients in the ICU like a CRNA can.

There are somewhere around 35,000 CRNAs in the US, all of which are qualified to run ventilators in the ICU but it depends if they are hospital employees or physician groups if they can do so without some sort of temporary allowance. But it seems it’s more likely there’s a shortage of ventilators than people to run them as long hospitals keep them employed without many surgeries going and if they can figure how to allow group employed ones to temporarily be in the ICU since those aren’t all hospital employees.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:07 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
All the restaurant ads on TV are touting delivery.

That happened fast.
Waitr is offering free delivery (at least here).
[Reply]
Fish 11:09 AM 03-20-2020
I heard the Cerner campus just sent everyone home...
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Stop me if you ****ing heard this one, but the Chinese government is probably lying.

Yahoo's interpolation of the above link with other information.
Would be pretty easy to determine based on output and such
[Reply]
BWillie 11:15 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
I just saw a military jet fly over, what does this mean?
I saw a guy at Quik Trip with a camo shirt drinking a big gulp. What does this mean? Are the British coming?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:20 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
I heard the Cerner campus just sent everyone home...
Yeah, a Cerner employee tested positive a few days ago. Employees were largely working from home anyway.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:20 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Why'ncha jus tells Professor Tricia about his antics?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:21 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I saw a guy at Quik Trip with a camo shirt drinking a big gulp. What does this mean? Are the British coming?
Well, we sure as hell know it's not the French.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:21 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll be honest - I'm still trying to figure out if you're trolling or simply the most emotionally unstable person on the planet.

You emote more wildly (and in more directions) than any sane person has a right to. It was all "haha, look at the preppers" a week ago and now you see a train with half-built trucks on it and you're pretty sure the Army's about to round up anyone that sneezes.

He's a fucking weirdo. It's beyond absurd at this point.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:23 AM 03-20-2020
Italy's update:
+5986 new positive cases (total 47021)
+627 new deaths (total 4032)
+689 new recoveries (total 5129)

holy shit......
[Reply]
Page 516 of 3903
« First < 16416466506512513514515516 51751851952052656661610161516 > Last »
Up