ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3804 of 3903
« First < 2804330437043754379438003801380238033804 380538063807380838143854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bugeater 02:14 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Like last time, minor joint pain with the skin eebie jeebies. A bit uncomfortable but not slowing the day down at all.
I did the J&J shot first time around and it didn't phase me at all, but after the Moderna booster I could barely move my arm for two effing days.
[Reply]
TLO 03:03 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
This looks like it may have been too good to be true.

Or maybe not.

Nobody knows.

I hate this
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:10 PM 12-01-2021
I love these non political political threads
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:27 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Blather to deflect from your agenda. You lie constantly on this topic. It is a fact.

I can't address your point 2 because it isn't a known quantity at this point, as the author you use to define leaky vaccines so aptly points out in his own perfect rebuttal to your constant lies on the topic. So no need to even talk about it since you refuse to even address your sources rebuttal to your assertions on the topic.

Your point 1 is abstract and not germane to the discussion. It is merely a distraction from your constant lies.
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
What do the Germans have to do with this?
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZ...MOZI&q=germane

In case you aren't just being funny.
:-) Missed this exchange during the shitshow...don't even tell me you haven't seen this movie.

[Reply]
Marcellus 05:33 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
More likely your goofy persistent claims of "Leaky" vaccines. The vaccines have more than proven themselves at this point.
Im not antivaxx, I'm vaccinated and I don't see how anyone can say this with a straight face.

They have changed the effectiveness, the longevity, and the number of shots needed in a mere 6 - 8 months. Now they want to give them to kids who dont need them no matter what "science" you want to use.

I mean yea if a constant changing of the narrative is "more than proven" then I guess you are correct.
[Reply]
Fish 05:43 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Im not antivaxx, I'm vaccinated and I don't see how anyone can say this with a straight face.

They have changed the effectiveness, the longevity, and the number of shots needed in a mere 6 - 8 months. Now they want to give them to kids who dont need them no matter what "science" you want to use.

I mean yea if a constant changing of the narrative is "more than proven" then I guess you are correct.
The vaccines have proven more successful than most people ever thought possible. The narrative has changed due to the novelty of the virus. That's how science works. We know infinitely more about it now than we did at the beginning of the pandemic.

Hell, there were idiots here claiming that covid would never even kill 5000 Americans. So, clearly our understanding has changed pretty dramatically since the beginning.
[Reply]
TLO 06:11 PM 12-01-2021

The vaccines have proven more successful than most people ever thought possible. The narrative has changed due to the novelty of the virus. That's how science works. We know infinitely more about it now than we did at the beginning of the pandemic.

Hell, there were idiots here claiming that covid would never even kill 5000 Americans. So, clearly our understanding has changed pretty dramatically since the beginning.
The vaccines are GREAT at preventing severe disease and death. That's what they are supposed to do.

It's a bit of a bummer they aren't as effective at preventing mild or asymptomatic disease after 6-8 months, but it is what it is. They're still holding up remarkably well against an ever changing coronavirus.

I think the world should be marveling at what a scientific achievement these vaccines are, but instead, we're using the word "leaky" far too much for my comfort level.
[Reply]
TLO 06:12 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
It appears the new court ruling blocked the health care facility employee mandate in 10 states. Hopefully, it relieves some pressure while things continue to be sorted out.

Do this apply to your staff issues TLO?
Somehow we don't fall under the category of required vaccinations. I'm not entirely sure how... I'm just following what corporate said and breathing a big sigh of relief.
[Reply]
TLO 06:15 PM 12-01-2021
I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

If you test positive for covid - ask your doctor about getting one of the monoclonal antibody treatments. If they say no, ask again. I don't know why they won't open this up more broadly. (They have opened it up a bit more here recently)

Seriously. I've seen this treatment work wonders.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:18 PM 12-01-2021

They didn't recommend a 2nd measles shot for 10 years after widespread adoption.... there's nothing mere about 6-8 months.
[Reply]
NotDonger 06:24 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
:-) Missed this exchange during the shitshow...don't even tell me you haven't seen this movie.

I have not seen that movie, no.
[Reply]
notorious 06:33 PM 12-01-2021

[Reply]
Fish 06:37 PM 12-01-2021
Beginning to think your username is a damn lie...
[Reply]
NotDonger 06:41 PM 12-01-2021
Beginning to think your username is a damn lie...
Well, that's rather rude and presumptuous. Regardless, I'm NotDonger. I don't believe that we've ever interfaced. It's nice to e-meet you.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 07:00 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They didn't recommend a 2nd measles shot for 10 years after widespread adoption.... there's nothing mere about 6-8 months.
You are 93% protected after the first measles shot and your immunity doesn't wane over time.

This is not a good comparison.
[Reply]
Page 3804 of 3903
« First < 2804330437043754379438003801380238033804 380538063807380838143854 > Last »
Up