ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Marvel - Black Widow
Sure-Oz 08:41 AM 12-03-2019
New teaser

@MarvelStudios: "I’m done running from my past." Watch the new teaser trailer for Marvel Studios’ #BlackWidow. In theaters May 1, 2020.

https://youtu.be/RxAtuMu_ph4
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:09 PM 07-10-2021
The movie was even better the second time, probably because I was so tired after staying up until 2:30 to watch it the previous night.

David Harbour just absolutely slays in this movie and I hope we get to see more of him (and the entire family) again. The screenwriter of this film also wrote Thor: Ragnarok and many of the comedic elements are on par with that film.

Also:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PHOG 03:57 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So go spend $8-$10 on a theater matinee then?
Yep, we went yesterday afternoon, for $11 apiece, and it was really good. Great movie. :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:09 PM 07-10-2021
Lots of action...which was nice to see.

Good eye candy.

Wouldn't pay to see it...watched it online, but it wasn't a bad movie like I had expected.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:53 PM 07-10-2021
I haven’t read this thread because I don’t want to see spoilers, but I’m assuming if I pay the 29.99 it’s just for this? The old ball and chain couldn’t also watch Cruela?
[Reply]
listopencil 07:03 PM 07-10-2021
This is a pretty good movie. I enjoyed it. I like the character and I like the actress though. They put in a bit of girl power type stuff but that is certainly to be expected in a movie like this and it was woven into the movie quite well.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:04 AM 07-11-2021
So go spend $8-$10 on a theater matinee then?
Not really an option. Work 70+ hours a week during the summer.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:18 AM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Not really an option. Work 70+ hours a week during the summer.
If it was just me, there's no way I'd drop $30 dollars to stream a movie when I can wait three months to watch it with a subscription or purchase a Digital Code for $12 dollars or less.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 07-11-2021
https://deadline.com/2021/07/black-w...ce-1234789473/

Disney Claims $215M+ WW Victory At The B.O. & Disney+ Premier With ‘Black Widow’ Weekend: Will Distrib Model Endanger A Movie’s Life Cycle

In a welcome act of transparency, the Walt Disney Company has announced both the box-office and PVOD numbers for the opening weekend of its Marvel Studios title “Black Widow”.

The Scarlett Johansson-led film will soar to a gross of nearly $220 million worldwide in its opening weekend. Broken down, the film pulled in $80 million in domestic U.S. box-office, $78 million in international box-office, and over $60 million in Disney+ Premier Access direct consumer spending globally (the majority of which was U.S. domestic).

This marks the first time that Disney has released dollar figures about how a film has done on its Disney+ service and, unlike box-office, Disney retains all of that revenue stream. The $80M kick-off marks the largest domestic opening weekend box-office since “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” in December 2019, easily coming in ahead of “F9: The Fast Saga” a few weeks ago.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:28 PM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

This marks the first time that Disney has released dollar figures about how a film has done on its Disney+.
This makes me wonder if the other films released day and date didn’t do so hot?

HBOMax seems to play coy with the numbers as well unless it’s a huge instant hit like Godzilla vs Kong.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:49 PM 07-11-2021
This makes me wonder if the other films released day and date didn’t do so hot?
This is the first time a movie has been available for streaming and theater viewing since Los Angeles completely opened on June 17th, so there isn't an valid comparison at this point.

HBOMax seems to play coy with the numbers as well unless it’s a huge instant hit like Godzilla vs Kong.
HBO Max is struggling to find footing in this new environment and I don't think they have the right leadership in place to dig them out of this hole. With directors publicly stating that they will no longer work with WB, their struggles will be ongoing for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:38 PM 07-11-2021
It was going pretty good till the yelena line " this is an uncool way to die." occurred

They couldn't help themselves with those quips
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:04 PM 07-11-2021
The movie was even better the second time, probably because I was so tired after staying up until 2:30 to watch it the previous night.

David Harbour just absolutely slays in this movie and I hope we get to see more of him (and the entire family) again. The screenwriter of this film also wrote Thor: Ragnarok and many of the comedic elements are on par with that film.

Also:

Spoiler!
Harbour is good in everything that he’s in. Unfortunately he couldn’t save Hellboy.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:08 PM 07-11-2021
This is the first time a movie has been available for streaming and theater viewing since Los Angeles completely opened on June 17th, so there isn't an valid comparison at this point.

HBO Max is struggling to find footing in this new environment and I don't think they have the right leadership in place to dig them out of this hole. With directors publicly stating that they will no longer work with WB, their struggles will be ongoing for the foreseeable future.
I can see Disney sticking with this day and date premiere strategy if they are making that kind of bank.

That would suck about WB if talent doesn’t want to work them? I think the day and date HBOMax stuff will end after this year and maybe they do something similar to Disney premier??
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:50 PM 07-11-2021
I can’t really compare it to any of the other Marvel films. At times, it felt like a later Mission Impossible film due to the editing and music but it was so much “smaller” in scope, which really served it well.
Spoiler!

All in all, I thought it was an enjoyable film. I'm not sure how I feel about having the setting of the movie take place between Civil War and Infinity War as it just seems like those movies/Phase 3 seem to be completely done with at this point.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:21 PM 07-11-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up