ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 39
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:33 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I loved all of them back in the day, but they just didn't age well IMO... but hey, to each their own :-)
What has aged well is Batman The Animated Series. I was all about that shit when I was a kid. I'd get picked up from school and had to go be a prisoner at my parents shop until 5:30. Fortunately they had a shitty little 90s TV that ONLY got in Fox through the antenna so I'd watch Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Batman. Good times.
[Reply]
sully1983 11:04 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This glittery vampire girly man better not **** this up.
He won't. I don't blame him one bit for taking the lead role in those god awful Twilight movies either. He made so much money from them that he is set for life and has been picking & choosing a lot of interesting /personal passion projects over the years. He was tremendous in Good Time, solid in The Lost City of Z, good in The Rover, held his own against Willem Dafoe, etc etc

He was also slick & cool in Christopher Nolan's Tenet. Honestly, the only two films post Twilight that I didn't like at all were Cosmopolis & Maps to the Stars (both directed by David Cronenberg) Just wasn't feeling those 2 films.

With Matt Reeves directing I have full confidence that Pattinson will give a good to great performance as Batman/ Bruce Wayne.
Speaking of Matt Reeves, imo he is sorta the anti JJ Abrams. Ironically, Abrams and Reeves have been friends since their early teens. I know they are both known for rebooting, remaking films or sequels but Reeves just seems like such a superior director and adds a lot more character development to his films and also understands how to further the plot and his films feel like they have a lot more substance in them compared to Jar Jar. Hell, Reeves made me care so much about a cgi/motion capture chimp in those Planet of the Apes sequels. lol
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:46 PM 11-03-2021
He's a great actor. I've pretty much forgotten the twilight shit since I've seen other movies of his. I think this will be great
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:18 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
To be fair, Pattinson hasn't been helped by all the rumors of how much of a cunt he's been during filming, true or not.
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Also to be fair, the last actor to portray Batman wasn’t exactly Mr. Congeniality.

[Reply]
listopencil 09:29 AM 11-04-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:

He was also slick & cool in Christopher Nolan's Tenet.

I had forgotten about that because the movie annoyed me. A little bit at first but the more I thought about it the more it annoyed me, and now I hate it. But I did think that Pattinson did a pretty good job of playing his role in it and I recall that I was pleasantly surprised by his performance.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:48 AM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
What has aged well is Batman The Animated Series. I was all about that shit when I was a kid. I'd get picked up from school and had to go be a prisoner at my parents shop until 5:30. Fortunately they had a shitty little 90s TV that ONLY got in Fox through the antenna so I'd watch Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Batman. Good times.
Batman Animated Series is one of the greatest cartoons of all time.

XMen cartoon from that era was also kickass.

Currently, the Avengers Assemble series has been a good cartoon as well for the better part of the last decade.

Was also a huge TMNT fan growing up so I watched that cartoon as well.

Sat mornings were awesome in the early 90s.

I recently watched Batman vs TMNT. A fairly entertaining crossover short movie. Good fight between Batman and Shredder.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:21 PM 02-28-2022
Reviews are out 91% on Rotten tomatoes on 127 reviews. Can't wait to see it.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:15 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The maddening thing about Nolan movies is that they are so close to being fantastic, but fall short. Watched Tenet on a long flight after running out of other options. So ****ing close to being great, but just missed it enough to ruin what should have been an amazing flick.

The Dark Knight just snuck in to being a good movie. I disagree about Gyllenhal. Is she beautiful? No, not even close. She is sexy as hell though, which is an entirely different thing. The french call it jolie laide, literally beautiful ugly. The 3rd movie is unwatchable bad.

Back to the Batman movie the thread is about. It looks ****ing amazing.

My problem with the dark knight trilogy. It wasn't Batman. It seemed like Bourne identity, mission impossible, Kingsman or a bond movie cosplaying as Batman.

They weren't horrible. But not a Batman movie.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:24 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I had forgotten about that because the movie annoyed me. A little bit at first but the more I thought about it the more it annoyed me, and now I hate it. But I did think that Pattinson did a pretty good job of playing his role in it and I recall that I was pleasantly surprised by his performance.
For sure. I thought the choice for him to play batman was weird but after watching tenet I think it might just work.
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:33 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
My problem with the dark knight trilogy. It wasn't Batman. It seemed like Bourne identity, mission impossible, Kingsman or a bond movie cosplaying as Batman.

They weren't horrible. But not a Batman movie.
oof.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:59 PM 02-28-2022
he'll be fine, nothing wrong w/ him. Trailer was good.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:26 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
For sure. I thought the choice for him to play batman was weird but after watching tenet I think it might just work.
He's a good actor if people actually watch his other shit and don't just think about twilight which he knew was garbage.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:44 AM 03-01-2022
just can't get excited for this
[Reply]
BWillie 12:32 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
just can't get excited for this
Yeah I think it's too dark & gritty for you. Not enough child like superhero stuff like Star Wars.

Sorry for the troll :-)

Looks good to me as long as the fairy vampire actor doesn't mess it up. I'm going to see it tomorrow in Imax. I will report back. Batman (and Superman) are really just about the only Super Hero movies I usually like.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:51 PM 03-01-2022
Waiting until next weekend for the crowds to dwindle a bit, but yeah the reviews look great and I'm all in soon enough
[Reply]
Page 25 of 39
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up