ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 153
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:34 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I heard they were considering this last week but it was just "under consideration" and wasn't set in stone, but I'd love to see it as well.

I hope they allow Vanessa Marshall to play Hera, just as I hope they hire Tia Sircar for the Ahsoka series but so far, it's been really quiet on the casting front.

Vanessa lives in my neighborhood but I haven't seen her since before COVID. If I happen to run into her, I'll be sure to ask but at 51, she may be considered too old for the part.
Oh man that would be so cool. I would've also thought it'd be no doubt for Hera to show up anyway maybe that rogue squadron movie if anything.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:12 AM 03-02-2021
Hera isn't exactly young at the time of the series. Older actress would make sense.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:24 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Hera isn't exactly young at the time of the series. Older actress would make sense.
Different species she could age differently (slower)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:05 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
At age 51, the casting of Vanessa Marshall as Live-Action Hera would also mean that Hera (and Kanan, for that matter) are considerably older, by as much as a decade or more, than their characters appear in the animated series.

I always thought that Kanan and Hera were early 30's at their oldest, especially considering that Ezra and Sabine were somewhere around age 19 when the series concluded.

But with all of that said, the actor portrayal of Hera could be of any age past 32 or so because there will be a serious amount of makeup necessary, so it may not even matter in the end.

But considering it's Disney+ Star Wars, I have a feeling that they'll cast a much bigger star than Marshall, who's mainly known for her Voice Acting roles and not Live-Action.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:16 PM 03-02-2021
That’s some exciting news. They did some really compelling stuff with her character in Rebels. A lot more depth (albeit with far more screen time) than Cara Dune.

As long as they pretty much stick to the nature of the character from Rebels it should be a good story. It will be interesting to see her character (as a Rebel) AFTER the Rebellion. As they did with Ahsoka.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:18 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That’s some exciting news. They did some really compelling stuff with her character in Rebels. A lot more depth (albeit with far more screen time) than Cara Dune.

As long as they pretty much stick to the nature of the character from Rebels it should be a good story. It will be interesting to see her character (as a Rebel) AFTER the Rebellion. As they did with Ahsoka.
It also opens up the possibility of Hera and Kanan's son, Jacen, receiving Jedi training from either Ahsoka or Luke Skywalker.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:51 PM 03-02-2021
It also opens up the possibility of Hera and Kanan's son, Jacen, receiving Jedi training from either Ahsoka or Luke Skywalker.
Do what now? I didn’t know Hera and Kanan had a kid. Was that in that post script portion of the last episode?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:17 PM 03-02-2021
Do what now? I didn’t know Hera and Kanan had a kid. Was that in that post script portion of the last episode?
Yeah, it's part of the Epilogue narrated by Sabine, after she mentions that Hera fought in the Battle of Endor, as did Commander Rex.

She says "We have a new member of the crew of the Ghost, Spector 7, Jacen Syndulla. Born to fly, just like his mother and well, we all know what his father was like".

I took that to mean that he has a connection with The Force but of course, that could just me projecting.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:23 PM 03-02-2021
How do I not remember that?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:38 PM 03-02-2021
How do I not remember that?
I don't know, man. :-)

I re-watched a bunch of Ahsoka episodes in Rebels recently because I had almost completely forgotten that she didn't appear in Season 3 at all and didn't show up until the "World Between Worlds" episode at the end of Season 4. Ezra's final words to Ahsoka were "Find Me".

Ahsoka didn't even speak in the series Finale, either. She was just shown waiting by the ship that was taking her and Sabine on their journey to find Ezra.

I'm more stoked than ever to see them search for Ezra in a Live-Action format.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:46 PM 03-02-2021
I was watched all of rebels about 2 months ago after clone wars and absolutely love it. I love it so much I got the kanan comics with their first appearances. I'll definitely dork out when they are live action.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:11 PM 03-02-2021
I don't know, man. :-)

I re-watched a bunch of Ahsoka episodes in Rebels recently because I had almost completely forgotten that she didn't appear in Season 3 at all and didn't show up until the "World Between Worlds" episode at the end of Season 4. Ezra's final words to Ahsoka were "Find Me".

Ahsoka didn't even speak in the series Finale, either. She was just shown waiting by the ship that was taking her and Sabine on their journey to find Ezra.

I'm more stoked than ever to see them search for Ezra in a Live-Action format.
It’s because I’m a dunce Dane :-)

I should do the same.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:00 AM 03-07-2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:49 AM 04-16-2021

#TheMandalorian's cast was initially told that the Season 2 finale cameo was going to be an appearance from Jedi #PloKoon, reveals #BoKatan actress #KateeSackhoff! Details: https://t.co/yGBrYuDkGJ pic.twitter.com/PFTc9NFOdo

— Star Wars - The Direct (@StarWars_Direct) April 16, 2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 10:59 AM 04-16-2021
I literally sat there grinning from ear to ear like an enrapt 10 year old seeing young Luke back in action
[Reply]
Page 126 of 153
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Up