ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 153
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Bowser 10:33 AM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Based on Dane's advice with the timing, I'll probably bite the Disney bullet and subscribe today, so I can watch it all in a single month and then jettison.
Yes, do that. You'll remember why you loved Star Wars watching the Mandalorian.

And as much as I hate to admit it, Disney+ is actually pretty freaking awesome.
[Reply]
hometeam 12:29 PM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If you didn't know, Emily Swallow is hot af. .
Thats why the call her Emily swallow amrite~~~~~

[Reply]
Miles 11:50 PM 11-28-2019
Based on Dane's advice with the timing, I'll probably bite the Disney bullet and subscribe today, so I can watch it all in a single month and then jettison.
It’s the only reason I subscribed. Looking at the not much cost and dumping it after seemed easy enough. Doesn’t hurt the old movies look absurdly good.

It’s basically $7 to watch Mandalorian.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:02 AM 11-29-2019
Chapter 4 just dropped.

Another solid outing, even though the plot was an old sci-fi western trope done many times over.

Would like to see more Gina Carano.

Noticed episode was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard. She did a good job.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:00 AM 11-29-2019
So is Pedro Pascal never going to show his face the entire series? That’s pretty incredible.
[Reply]
notorious 09:15 AM 11-29-2019
Hire top-notch actor, never see his face.........
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:30 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Hire top-notch actor, never see his face.........
Put in stunt double anytime you want and add voice over
[Reply]
Frazod 11:52 AM 11-29-2019
Watched the first three last night. Loved it.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:39 PM 11-29-2019
Just finished the fourth one. Love it. Agreed, needs more Gina Carano. Everything needs more Gina Carano!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:22 PM 11-29-2019
Just finished the fourth one. Love it. Agreed, needs more Gina Carano. Everything needs more Gina Carano!
She's the only believable female action heroine in the business
[Reply]
Frazod 01:23 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
She's the only believable female action heroine in the business
Yeah, it really doesn't take much to sell her kicking the shit out of everybody. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:34 PM 11-29-2019
Rewatching these with the wife now. She's hooked as well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:50 PM 11-29-2019
Really fucking good. Best realization of an AT-ST ever in Star Wars.

Favreau knows how to take established Star Wars imagery and make it interesting again. That episode borrowed heavily from Return of the Jedi but it never felt stale.

I have a gut feeling Nick Nolte and Gina Carano are going to end up on Mando's crew by the end of the season.

This show kicks ass.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:32 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I have a gut feeling Nick Nolte and Gina Carano are going to end up on Mando's crew by the end of the season.
.[/spoiler]
“I have spoken “ and “this is the way” might be the most memorable lines of dialogue from Star Wars in forever.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:58 PM 11-29-2019
That episode was straight out of the Clone Wars animated series. Enjoying the series.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 153
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up