ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 153
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:21 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I haven't defended anyone, you fucking moron.

She was fired because she decided that posting on social media was more important than her career.

Period, end of story.
For the record, my understanding is Colin Kaepernick still identifies as male . . .
[Reply]
stumppy 11:25 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
^ Marla Hooch
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
stumppy 02-11-2021, 11:26 PM
This message has been deleted by stumppy.
stumppy 02-11-2021, 11:27 PM
This message has been deleted by stumppy.
dj56dt58 11:28 PM 02-11-2021
As a personal comment and not something that's been necessarily shared with me, I'll never understand why people put their careers in jeopardy over social media.

I mean, most of us who aren't related to actors, directors, producers, composers, et al, have to scratch, fight and kick just to even get noticed, let alone, make it to the "Top of the Mountain" of the entertainment industry.

I've mentioned that I had an offer to score a series for Disney a few years back and holy shit, if Disney asked me to stop posting on social media or lose my job, I would cancel my social media accounts immediately, which is something that I did back in 2017 anyway, as I saw the corrosive effects on other people in the industry.

God Bless her and all but for the life of me, I just don't get it.
It’s called fighting for what you believe in and not caving to the mob. Something you wouldn’t know jack or shit about
[Reply]
eDave 11:42 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
It’s called fighting for what you believe in and not caving to the mob. Something you wouldn’t know jack or shit about

What happened here?

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:13 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
Very blacklist-ish of them. Funny how they've become something they despised.
Some people forget that free speech is only protected from reprisals by the government.

You say something publicly that I don’t like, I can complain to your employer. Your employer makes a free enterprise decision based on its own selfish interests, are you worth more to the company than the bad publicity.

I personally put no value in what a celebrity, athlete thinks on global warming or gun rights etc. but as a general and 1st rule........ when equating one issue with another, just leave Nazis and the Holocaust comparisons alone.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:54 AM 02-12-2021
Perfect replacement, Frankie Adams. Bobbie from the Expanse.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:57 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Perfect replacement, Frankie Adams. Bobbie from the Expanse.
Oh fuck....amazing pick and another hot thicc girl.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:10 AM 02-12-2021
Nah, it had nothing to do with the mob and everything to do with UTA's other clients who don't want to be associated her.

Disney+ broke more of their own records last year and as of December, had 95 million customers, a number that far exceeded the 60 million subs that were projected for 2023.

As I stated earlier, Disney wasn't going to die on that hill.
Does disney state how many are paying subs? Verizon gives disney plus for free or I would not be paying. Verizon has 120million. If half get disney plus for free that hurts as I doubt verizon pays the full amount.

As for Cara, it is a dumb move considering all the shit other actors, producers and directors have done and still employed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:16 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Does disney state how many are paying subs? Verizon gives disney plus for free or I would not be paying. Verizon has 120million. If half get disney plus for free that hurts as I doubt verizon pays the full amount.

As for Cara, it is a dumb move considering all the shit other actors, producers and directors have done and still employed.
Yes, they only report “paying” subscriptions. The subscriptions given by their partners like Verizon aren’t counted in that tally.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:17 AM 02-12-2021
And experience, which she should have as well. Let's put it this way: When my agent gives me advice, I take it, because I want to continue to have a career until the day I die.

Yeah but the difference is $50k a year (?) versus tens of millions of dollars for decades, let alone, a place in Star Wars history as a legend.

We all deal with a certain amount of horseshit in our jobs and I am certainly no exception. There have been times when I've wanted to quit a gig because the Music Supervisor or Director is a flaming asshat but it's a very small town and news travels fast, so I put my head down, shut my mouth and plow through it.

My worst day working in the entertainment business is a million times better than working in a warehouse or doing AP/AR for a small business in which the owner was a complete and utter cheating asshole (on his wife, too) or blech, selling guitars at the Hollywood Guitar Center.

She was on top of the world, man. A Star Wars series in which she was to be a central character?

Does it really get any better than that?

There are things that drive me crazy at times as well but it doesn't have anything to do with social media or American politics. Now, Entertainment Business Politics are a different subject altogether but I wouldn't quit or leave millions on the table for that, either.

You're right, this was an intergalactically stupid decision on her part. Before today, I thought the dumbest decision by an actor this millennia was Terrence Howard's decision to demand a raise from Marvel to appear in Iron Man 2, which is why he was replaced by Don Cheadle. Cheadle's not only appeared in nearly a dozen Marvel films as Rhodie, he's also getting his own Disney+ series.

But IMO, we have a new champion.
I agree with that. As an individual that should be your focus.

But it seems this woke culture has has caused the right to do and say the same things with shit that should not be talked about on social media but they are getting punished. I think that is where the outrage is from. I have already seen ten people alone on my Facebook cancel disney.

Others stated they are cancelling trips. I doubt they do.

I hate disney as a shill for China, but I won't cancel my free account.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:19 AM 02-12-2021
Yes, they only report “paying” subscriptions. The subscriptions given by their partners like Verizon aren’t counted in that tally.
Thank you
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:56 AM 02-12-2021
Jaimie Alexander is a strong contender from me.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:15 PM 02-12-2021
Lawl, she is signing on with the Daily Wire production team.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:21 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Cancelled for **checks notes** 48 hours. She’ll be fine.
[Reply]
eDave 12:31 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Heh. I predicted Newsmax.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 153
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Up