ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>-- Odd/Mysterious sites on the web - watch at your own risk.
Simply Red 10:36 AM 08-21-2016
Okay - I'm not really big on hype - but I watched this in its entirety and it gave me nightmares for two nights. Not a big deal, yet it really is strange.

Any of you run into any odd sites? I don't mean the deep web - I just mean random odd sites that you may've heard of or run into.

Watch this at your own risk - it really is somewhat disturbing - but it also TOO is very interesting!

[Reply]
Simply Red 05:51 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
SR, have you ever watched Whang on Youtube? His channel he talks about a lot of weird internet stuff. Some of it is interesting. Some of it isn't. But it's a pretty good channel.
No but I will now. Ty
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:32 AM 10-26-2021
You seen any good horror movies lately, Red?
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:38 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
You seen any good horror movies lately, Red?
hmm not really. How about you? Going to give Rust Creek a whirl tonight.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:02 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
hmm not really. How about you? Going to give Rust Creek a whirl tonight.
I finally caught The VVitch saturday night after our annual family bonfire

Incredibly well done, just enough gore mixed with genuine old world anxiety and mores... love that they showed the actual witch and her evil craft early on, so we didn't have to guess if it was just some psychological scare

No, the old bitch was very real all along, and Taylor-Joy and her fat lips sculpted by God had no choice but to become one herself... had she went back to the village with her family all missing or murdered, they would have burnt her as a witch anyway

Incredible movie, incredible ending... it satisfied my paranormal itch, and thats very rare for movies these days

Subtitles wouldn't have hurt though, old english can often sound like a foreign language
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:32 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Incredibly well done, just enough gore mixed with genuine old world anxiety and mores... love that they showed the actual witch and her evil craft early on, so we didn't have to guess if it was just some psychological scare

No, the old bitch was very real all along, and Taylor-Joy and her fat lips sculpted by God had no choice but to become one herself... had she went back to the village with her family all missing or murdered, they would have burnt her as a witch anyway

Incredible movie, incredible ending... it satisfied my paranormal itch, and thats very rare for movies these days

Subtitles wouldn't have hurt though, old english can often sound like a foreign language

I really need to re-watch it TBH.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:49 PM 10-26-2021
Heres another "." search find

[Reply]
Fish 09:22 PM 10-26-2021
What movie are you guys talking about? There's like 3 different results for that title... The A24 one?
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:14 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
What movie are you guys talking about? There's like 3 different results for that title... The A24 one?
1600's pilgrim family leaves their small community over religious beefs, hot older daughter becomes a witch after her family is murdered
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:25 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
DELETE THIS POST
Yes, it's from A24.

Trailer - the trailer makes it look more mainstream than it is. It's not really a jump scare or gorefest. Much more atmospheric and immersive. More about the isolation of exile in a frontier while increasingly inexplicable things occur to a deeply religious family. Some times it even borders on 'slow' as they set the scene of the troubles and worries and anxieties wearing down their resolve.

The most apt remark from the reviews is whatever it was exactly about it feeling like we're seeing something we shouldn't.

Also, Anya Taylor Joy is everywhere nowadays and this was her feature debut.

[Reply]
wazu 10:34 PM 10-26-2021
1600's pilgrim family leaves their small community over religious beefs, hot older daughter becomes a witch after her family is murdered
When someone brings up a movie do you always go right into spoiling the ending for everyone in earshot?
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:02 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
When someone brings up a movie do you always go right into spoiling the ending for everyone in earshot?
Well shit man I'm SORRY, but this movie is something like FIVE years old
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:19 PM 10-26-2021
Well shit man I'm SORRY, but this movie is something like FIVE years old
We understand the whole expiration date on spoilers, but we're not talking about the movie generally, we're recommending it to someone who hasn't seen it.

Context is king.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:02 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Context is king.

No, Bran Stark is king. Just thought I'd mention that for anyone who might be thinking of watching Game of Thrones for the first time.
[Reply]
meleknistra 05:53 AM 11-14-2021
Why did i find this thread??? I just spent whole morning checking some super creepy websites. Need to watch some Disney cartoons to get rid of all those awful images in my head. Hope it all works again, i had some problems with my firestick performance but found this link and was able to to contact customer service.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:33 AM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
No, Bran Stark is king. Just thought I'd mention that for anyone who might be thinking of watching Game of Thrones for the first time.
Buuuuut.....he can't be king. He's the three-eyed raven now? :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up