ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 341
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 03:37 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Noted for future reference, thanks
I suppose it could just be a fat guy thing, but it's not like I wear skin tight clothing. I haven't really heard about the plastic clips breaking on other people. That being said, obviously metal is better than plastic. But the Vedder holsters are about double the price of the kind you have. The added expense was worth it to me, since the last thing I want to have to deal with at work is my goddamn holster clip breaking.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:38 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Is it concerning that the barrel isn't threaded on this firearm?

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-xl-romeozero.html
That's probably primarily a CCW gun. No idea if a silencer would affect the gas enough to make it cycle properly.

Probably need a bigger longer weapon for a silencer. No clue really though, Many here are much more experienced/less dumb than I am.
[Reply]
Otter 11-28-2021, 03:47 PM
This message has been deleted by Otter. Reason: brain fart
Otter 04:31 PM 11-28-2021
Ok, I had a huge brain fart and confused threaded with rifled.

I'll go away now with tail between legs. Thank God for the RPO thread to take the heat off me.
[Reply]
Munson 06:30 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by kepp:
Question for you guys (that I could probably Google, but I'm going to ask anyway): If I buy a suppressor for a 556/223, can I also use it for .22lr?
Technically, yes you can as long as the thread patterns are the same.

But I think it isn't ideal because that .22LR ammo will cause the suppressor to get dirty real quick.
[Reply]
srvy 07:01 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Sig's website says it comes with night sights, so I'd probably run without, at least for a bit.

I have gigantor hands, so that may not work well for me, but I think I'm going to try to dig one up and at least hold it.
What I have read is that people love the handgun but hate the zero. Doesn't come with a rear site and plate the zero is plastic if dropped and shattered you are SOL. the front site is a common complaint that needs be higher to co-witness after you have bought the rear sight and plate at 100 bucks. The red dot wanders off zero after racking the slide. Also, some battery life complaints are due to the sensitivity of the shake-on feature. The rear sight option is often out of stock. I don't own the gun so have no idea if those are legitimate gripes of just regular online bitchers. If true that would make me think hard about the price of this weapon. Is there a non-zero option that comes with standard sights?
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:06 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
What I have read is that people love the handgun but hate the zero. Doesn't come with a rear site and plate the zero is plastic if dropped and shattered you are SOL. the front site is a common complaint that needs be higher to co-witness after you have bought the rear sight and plate at 100 bucks. The red dot wanders off zero after racking the slide. Also, some battery life complaints are due to the sensitivity of the shake-on feature. The rear sight option is often out of stock. I don't own the gun so have no idea if those are legitimate gripes of just regular online bitchers. If true that would make me think hard about the price of this weapon. Is there a non-zero option that comes with standard sights?
Yeah there is. Comes with the night sights.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-xl.html
[Reply]
srvy 07:33 PM 11-28-2021
Yeah there is. Comes with the night sights.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-xl.html
Thanks that would be the route I think I'd go. Alas, I have my heart set on the Springfield Arms SA-35 in nickel if it happens. Never had but shot the old Browning Hi-Power of my boss who was a bonified Browning fan in everything. It was fun to shoot and he has no intention to sell. Funny through the years when Browning was manufacturing them I bought everything but that handgun. I was stupid now they will be a collector.
[Reply]
BadGuy 11-29-2021, 04:43 AM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
Frazod 11:14 AM 11-30-2021
Found a new YouTube channel to subscribe to - Armed Attorneys. I've watched several of their videos, and they give sound advice on gun-related legal issues. Also, the female attorney is extremely easy on the eyes. :-)

Anyway, you guys should find these interesting and informative. I'll post the first one I saw.

[Reply]
F150 04:19 PM 11-30-2021
school shooting in Michigan today, the gun grabbers will be on high effort
[Reply]
MIAdragon 04:26 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
I guess if he wanted to attach a suppressor. But don't really think a threaded barrel is useful for this type of gun.
It’s always useful…..
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:05 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by F150:
school shooting in Michigan today, the gun grabbers will be on high effort
Goddamn it. Any idea what they used?
[Reply]
Jimmya 12:20 AM 12-01-2021
9mm Sig
[Reply]
Frazod 12:27 AM 12-01-2021
Goddamn it. Any idea what they used?
Pistol + fairly low body count. Not the stuff of liberal fantasies.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:14 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Pistol + fairly low body count. Not the stuff of liberal fantasies.
Kid?

So he violated the law by having a pistol, right? And of course violated the law by killing someone.

Smart money is the government response is more laws. I’d lay 10:1 odds for that bet.
[Reply]
Fish 11:18 PM 12-20-2021
So, I've seen a few people mention Canik here in the past, but I knew nothing about them and didn't give it much thought. Last weekend, I went shooting with a buddy, and he'd bought a new Canik TP9SFx. Told me I should try it and check out the trigger.

From the first few pulls of the trigger, I was crazy impressed. Nice smooth buildup, and a very crisp release. Super short reset. Stock out of the box trigger is advertised at 3.5-4 lb pull. Felt on the lower end of that. It was crazy accurate, for never shooting that pistol before. My buddy also had a favorite Sig long barrel pistol with an expensive Volquartsen trigger, and the stock TP9SFx was still a better trigger. Comes with two 20+1 mags. Optional mag extender. And replacement screws, tools, brush, fiber optic replacements, etc in a nice box. Options for any optic you'd ever want to install, and comes with 4 different mounting plates. Rail for a light if you want. Well balanced. Nice long 5.2" barrel, which is very forgiving with recoil. It's a big gun. Not something you'd carry. But it's the perfect funtime plinker. Could definitely serve as home defense in a pinch.

First time shooting it, at ~40ft, it was crazy easy shooting. I shot it better than my own Walther that I brought, and am very familiar with. So much fun I ended up putting about 200 rounds through it. It blew me away so much, I ordered one for myself today, along with a decent red dot to put on it.

For the price, this pistol is insanely impressive. I've shot some of the best, and this pistol is a serious overachiever. Check out some videos.
[Reply]
Page 304 of 341
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314 > Last »
Up