ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 56
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
cadmonkey 07:39 AM 03-20-2006
I really hate dream episodes but I can say this.......

I have a feeling that if/when Tony comes out of the coma with what ever brain damage he has he is going to forget what his real life is like and is going to think that what he has been dreaming the past few days is what his real life is like. He may wake up and never remember the mafia life.

AJ had the most lines he has had in close to 4 years. And a lot of emotional acting this week both from AJ and Carmella. It was a slow episode over all but looking back at it, its a very good set up episode.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 08:30 AM 03-20-2006
It's interesting that the FBI agents have been reassigned to terrorism and aren't pursuing the mafia any longer. It's too bad that Adriana was the last casualty before the FBI dropped the case. If she could have held out just a little longer......
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:59 AM 03-20-2006
Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan:
It's interesting that the FBI agents have been reassigned to terrorism and aren't pursuing the mafia any longer. It's too bad that Adriana was the last casualty before the FBI dropped the case. If she could have held out just a little longer......
THOSE TWO agents transferred to terrorism. Informant killing machine Sanseverino and the rest of that unit is still operating. Do you even WATCH the show?
[Reply]
Brock 09:02 AM 03-20-2006
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
THOSE TWO agents transferred to terrorism. Informant killing machine Sanseverino and the rest of that unit is still operating. Do you even WATCH the show?
The FBI only has two or three agents.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 09:06 AM 03-20-2006
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That's true. You're right. But there does seem to be much less emphasis by the FBI on the mafia. It's just too bad Adriana had to go. It's funny how Christopher and the FBI agents talk to each other like old buddies. The FBI agents seem almost sympathetic toward Christopher and Tony.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 09:07 AM 03-20-2006
Originally Posted by Brock:
The FBI only has two or three agents.
They do? That's wierd. I always thought it was a large organization. No wonder they never caught Tony and put him in jail. Hmmm. :-)
[Reply]
GoTrav 09:17 AM 03-20-2006
who is his wife during the dream sequences? It didn't sound like Carmella. I expect Tony to be down and out for a few episodes though :-)

And I'm just not buying the AJ tough guy thing.

Two classics were AJ's line about putting a bullet in Junior's Mummy head and the Celebrity Fit Club dude talking about being homosexual which you also see him "propositioning" Meadow's BF in the trailer for next week.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:26 AM 03-20-2006
Originally Posted by Black Ice:
who is his wife during the dream sequences? It didn't sound like Carmella.
Didn't sound like her to me. I wasn't sure, but the Daughter didn't sound like Meadow to me either.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:27 AM 03-20-2006
Like how Paulie mentioned that he was gonna get Tony a stereo for the hospital room, and Chrissie say "he don't need that.' Cut to Carm opening a box in the hospital room, "ohh, it's a stereo from Chris." :-)

Also looks like Chrissie got John's Maserati, and drives it in the rain with the windows down.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 09:46 AM 03-20-2006
Originally Posted by Black Ice:
who is his wife during the dream sequences? It didn't sound like Carmella. I expect Tony to be down and out for a few episodes though :-)

And I'm just not buying the AJ tough guy thing.

Two classics were AJ's line about putting a bullet in Junior's Mummy head and the Celebrity Fit Club dude talking about being homosexual which you also see him "propositioning" Meadow's BF in the trailer for next week.
Right. Tony's whole family on the phone is different. I don't recognize their voices. Obviously, his voice is different and the way he acts is different.
[Reply]
rad 10:50 AM 03-20-2006
That was funny when Vito was talking about Gene hanging himself -"maybe he was a homo or something, couldn't handle it" lol
[Reply]
Brock 10:51 AM 03-20-2006
Originally Posted by rad:
That was funny when Vito was talking about Gene hanging himself -"maybe he was a homo or something, couldn't handle it" lol
That was pretty funny. I think Tony's wife on the phone sounded like Charmaine.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 10:59 AM 03-20-2006
Originally Posted by Brock:
That was pretty funny. I think Tony's wife on the phone sounded like Charmaine.
Hmmmmmm. Interesting. That could be. They had a fling when they were younger.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 11:05 AM 03-20-2006
Anyone want to try to interpret the dream that Tony is currently living in? There are two things that are obvious to everyone. 1.) It's showing the life that he could have lived if things were different. 2.) Also, it is showing that he is away from home and he can't get home. This has to do with his coma. While in a coma, he's away from his life and family and wants to come home, but can't. I'm sure there's more meaning to the dream. What do you think?

Anyone notice any other meaning in the dream? What's up with the name Kevin Finnerty? Sounds kind of like "infinity".

It was a boring episode, but very interesting. Not much action, but alot to think about.
[Reply]
Chiefnj 11:08 AM 03-20-2006
He reluctantly took on anothers identity. Possible foreshadowing if Tony ever goes to the Feds and has to go to witness protection.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 56
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up