« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
BossChief 11:51 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's 7 games and people like you were saying he would go for 1k. Perhaps the reasonable take here is that it usually takes time for young WRs in Reids system.
Here are all of my posts about Skyy in this thread.

He’s pretty much right where I expect him to be at this point and I think you’re going to see his role increase after the bye and by the time we’re going into the postseason, he’s going to be a real weapon.
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I was prepared for Skyy to be the pick at 30…getting a guy like him at 54 is incredible.

And they don’t need to rush him onto the field. They can work him in as the season progresses snd into the playoffs he should be ready to contribute in a larger role.

This pick is going to be HUGE.

He’s a perfect fit.
He will line up correctly

He will run the right route, and be extremely detail oriented in his approach to route running.

He will get separation from defenders

He will catch the passes thrown to him

He will break tackles with the ball in his hands

Mahomes will trust him almost immediately and go to him often after about mid season.
His ghost mid route stutter step is devastating.

I can’t wait to see this kid in action against opponents 3rd or 4th corner and grow into a starter right in front of us.

Great pick
Skyy Moore only had 5 dropped passes in 3 years.

Sick

This kid has the makings of a wideout that has over 100 catches in as soon as his second year. Mahomes is going to go to him constantly because he’s going to trust him.
I’m getting a Karlaftis, but it was close.

Skyy is going to be a damn star.

My only concern with him is the cost to extend his deal in 3-4 years.

He’s a really good WR in all facets

Gets off press
Elite acceleration
Elite hands
Elite quickness snd route precision

Then, once he has the ball, he’s a running back. Breaks tons of tackles, great vision

Nose for the end zone and first down markers.
I watched and read a lot about Skyy leading up to the draft and think his best comp (in my view) is Wes Welker.

Best in slot but can play outside.
Can return punts and kickoffs (Veach said this would be part of his initial role in KC)
Elite quicks
Elite acceleration
Smaller in stature
Not a deep threat, but has the speed to be.
Very reliable hands
Good vision on adjustable routes
Smart

Skyy is bigger, but comparable.
He’s only been a WR for less than 3 seasons, didn’t know he would be playing WR till he arrived at his first practice. He was a RB previously. Sound familiar?

His coaching hasn’t been great now he has Andy…the best offense mind in the sport

His QB hasn’t been great now he has the GOAT throwing to him.

His testing was borderline elite.

His hands are elite.

I don’t understand why people label him low upside when I see the exact opposite…

What do you see that makes you think “low ceiling”?
Skyy is a physical receiver, not a finesse one.

Don’t let his size fool you, he was a running back and a safety/corner before college and breaks Tom’s of tackles and gets off press with quickness and strength.
They’re not wrong.

Pat is going to almost immediately trust Skyy and will go to him often once that trust is built.
Going into the playoffs, Skyy Moore will be WR1, but earlier in the year the vets will get the majority of the targets. Pat will quickly trust Moore, though. As that trust builds the more Pat will look for Skyy and feed him when opposing teams adjust coverages. I see Skyy Moore catching fire around week 12 or so.
I know I tend to be optimistic, and sometimes overly optimistic…and I’m sure this falls under that… but I genuinely think Karlaftis and Moore can end up the offense and defensive rookies of the year.

Mahomes said he views Skyy as playing a big part of the offense and you can tell he already trusts the kid.

This is going to be pretty fun to watch this bunch of kids mature before our eyes into champions.
I can understand pre combine concerns about Skyy Moores ability to get open against NFL corners, but after his combine performance and going back to watch the same tape of his burning DBs should have provided guarded optimism at the least.

Now, he’s 3 days into camp and is burning guys like Sneed and Mahomes is making big stattements about him.

Everyone should be very excited about Skyy Moores future here with Pat.
Same. Tanehill or Carr.

So far, me calling Skyy Moore the black Wes Welker and George the white Tamba Hali seem to be very accurate.
The story on Pickens isn’t the physical talent. Never was. The hesitancy with teams drafting him is injury and attitude. Either of those aspects of him could create large gaps in production where Skyy Moore is as clean as they come in those aspects.

So even while Skyy might not have the true upside Pickens has (and I don’t think he does) it was adding an explosive playmaker that firsts the scheme and won’t make you regret the pick.

Whoever mentioned that we haven’t drafted a player with attitude issues since peters hit it on the head.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:02 AM 10-24-2022
FWIW Andy clearly put Patrick’s INT on Skyy in the postgame today. Called it a “learning moment” for him (he said Skyy didn’t come back inside correctly on the route).

I think there was a lot to read from the comment. If anything it gives light as to why Skyy is still being eased into the role. Andy did say he and Patrick worked it out and that he has Patrick’s trust, but that may have been part of Andy pulling a positivity sandwich after being so real about a player’s blunder in the press conference.

I’m a big fan of Moore FTR
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:06 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
FWIW Andy clearly put Patrick’s INT on Skyy in the postgame today. Called it a “learning moment” for him (he said Skyy didn’t come back inside correctly on the route).

I think there was a lot to read from the comment. If anything it gives light as to why Skyy is still being eased into the role. Andy did say he and Patrick worked it out and that he has Patrick’s trust, but that may have been part of Andy pulling a positivity sandwich after being so real about a player’s blunder in the press conference.

I’m a big fan of Moore FTR
Now you've got Andy thinking about a sandwich.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:21 AM 10-24-2022
I'm getting pretty pissed off at the insistence on making him PR. I know Toub isn't whiffing these catches but FFS the technique is horrible, what has he been taught with some of these attempted laces catches. It also IS a different skill and not every decent WR is going to master it. You just know Toub's going to use it as some BS "character" test and keep trotting him out there rather than just admitting the experiment is a s**t one and needs to be ended.

I like Moore, shame to hear the INT was on him but I really don't want to give up on this guy this early. He DOES need more snaps in my opinion but if he's making route mistakes you can see why it's a slow start.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:29 AM 10-24-2022
Yeah, coming from Western Michigan to Andy's offense is a giant step. Kid needs time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:54 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Then it was a stupid draft pick to make, either that or it was dumb to spend FA money on both MVS and Juju and ensure our 2nd round pick sits the bench most of the year.
Everybody around here has been pining for the days of Eric Fisher lately.

You remember how fucking god awful that guy was at the start of his career? And he was fucking terrible for like 2.5 years?

It's been 7 games for Moore. Christ. Put a pacifier in your mouth and shut the fuck up, you giant baby.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:00 AM 10-24-2022
I don't know why you guys can't grasp the concept that this offense takes time to fully digest. That there are multiple reads both pre-snap and post snap for the receivers, and when they're not on the same page, it looks ugly. And THAT is how games like Indy happen.

Moore was never going to step in, be the day one #1 and rack up stats. No rookie would. No, not even Pickens. It was always going to take time.

Even the vets like Juju and MVS are just now starting to fully grasp it.

It's not simply a play drawn up on paper to be memorized. It's fluid, it changes based on what the defense does in real time, and it's not easy to execute those reads and do it WITH Mahomes on the fly.

He'll be fine.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:55 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
We could have sat tight and taken Pickens, instead traded back and took this slapdick.

As always, DJ’sLeftNut was right.

DJLN is usually right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tredadda 07:57 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Everybody around here has been pining for the days of Eric Fisher lately.

You remember how fucking god awful that guy was at the start of his career? And he was fucking terrible for like 2.5 years?

It's been 7 games for Moore. Christ. Put a pacifier in your mouth and shut the fuck up, you giant baby.
Do agree that people need to be more patient with Skyy……except as a punt returner. He cost us one game back there already and thankfully Jimmy G is awful or else his muffed punt yesterday could have changed the game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:59 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I mean it’s pretty easy to hate Skyy Moore right now.

I’m confident he’ll adapt and ultimately become an asset but for what he’s been asked to do at this point and the expectations that come with that, fuck this guy.

Look forward to seeing him in season 3.

Will he be better than Hardman?

[Reply]
tredadda 07:59 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know why you guys can't grasp the concept that this offense takes time to fully digest. That there are multiple reads both pre-snap and post snap for the receivers, and when they're not on the same page, it looks ugly. And THAT is how games like Indy happen.

Moore was never going to step in, be the day one #1 and rack up stats. No rookie would. No, not even Pickens. It was always going to take time.

Even the vets like Juju and MVS are just now starting to fully grasp it.

It's not simply a play drawn up on paper to be memorized. It's fluid, it changes based on what the defense does in real time, and it's not easy to execute those reads and do it WITH Mahomes on the fly.

He'll be fine.
Wasn’t it during training camp that JuJu said he learned more about offense in the short time he had been here than the rest of his career combined? This is a complex offense that takes time to learn and hopefully Moore shows progress the rest of the year and into next year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:00 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
DJLN is usually right.
I'm wrong a lot. To this point JJSS has me looking like I undersold him. Ironically I had expected Moore to be producing better than he has to date.

But I'll at least explain myself (in extremely long-winded fashion) and go on the record either way. Makes it easier to have instances of correct opinions when you have opinions on pretty much everything...

But for the record, I'm still wrong less often than most.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:01 AM 10-24-2022
Pretty horrible start to his career. Pickens or Pierce look like much better options that we could have had. Hopefully he can turn it around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:02 AM 10-24-2022
So fucking sick of hearing about George fucking Pickens. Who fucking cares?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:02 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm too lazy to look, but wasn't it Clay who started the Antonio Brown comparison shit?

The kiss of death.

[Reply]
Page 103 of 280
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up