ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 190
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:32 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The Nets are about to be the new "dynasty"
This is the same logic that had the NFL scared to promote mahomes. And the MLB loading up the red Sox Yankees. Those sports are doing fantastic after moving on from new England and ny/Boston.

The NFL has some crazy exciting players still in the playoffs. But they can't get their head out of California so they're severely undermarketed. But meantime, you have two gigantic markets in Philly and Brooklyn that will carry even more water now that their fans feel like they have more of a chance.

Ratings will take a hit of course. But it's about damn time the nba make an effort to stop throwing 100% of their marketing to the dynasties. There's been a ton of excitement around these undercards that we haven't seen in a while.
[Reply]
Miles 10:35 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
He now has time to dedicate to being a Chinese ambassador.
Also more time for him to think he invented commonly known sayings or ideas.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:49 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This is the same logic that had the NFL scared to promote mahomes. And the MLB loading up the red Sox Yankees. Those sports are doing fantastic after moving on from new England and ny/Boston.

The NFL has some crazy exciting players still in the playoffs. But they can't get their head out of California so they're severely undermarketed. But meantime, you have two gigantic markets in Philly and Brooklyn that will carry even more water now that their fans feel like they have more of a chance.

Ratings will take a hit of course. But it's about damn time the nba make an effort to stop throwing 100% of their marketing to the dynasties. There's been a ton of excitement around these undercards that we haven't seen in a while.
You are so fucking stupid
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:57 AM 06-04-2021
Quinn Snyder has a good chance at winning a ring this year
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:00 AM 06-04-2021
In regards to Lebron I read an interesting take this morning and that was what we have witnessed the last 3 years (albeit with an older Lebron) is probably what would happen to his teams if he played in the West for his entire career.

Most likely he wouldn't be nowhere near the Finals appearances he has and wouldn't be able to take off 3/4 of the season playing weaklings which would probably result in more injuries for him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:13 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
You are so ****ing stupid
The NFL and mlb ratings are soaring after the obsession with red Sox, Yankees, patriots ended. And after several years of that nonsense they're stronger than ever. Our own guy mahomes was severely under marketed for years because of the Patriots jerk off fest. But go ahead and tell me how everyone wants a league where 1-2 teams or players are in every single finals for a decade.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:17 AM 06-04-2021
In regards to Lebron I read an interesting take this morning and that was what we have witnessed the last 3 years (albeit with an older Lebron) is probably what would happen to his teams if he played in the West for his entire career.

Most likely he wouldn't be nowhere near the Finals appearances he has and wouldn't be able to take off 3/4 of the season playing weaklings which would probably result in more injuries for him.
Could be true but comparing a 37 year old injured LeBron to a 30 year old one at the peak of his physical abilities seems rather silly. It was very evident in the series that he did not have the same explosion or lift that he had prior to the ankle injury, making the decision to draw grand conclusions about his entire career on its basis even more questionable.

It’s also not like Phoenix is somehow clearly superior to many of those East teams he beat over the years either.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:21 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
PR stunt. Because that is what you worry about after a loss. LeBron is just so much cringe sometimes.
It’s more like a joke. LeBron has won everything and done everything there is to do in basketball. He knew he had no real chance to win the series and I doubt he plans to spend any of his time moping about it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:53 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It’s more like a joke. LeBron has won everything and done everything there is to do in basketball. He knew he had no real chance to win the series and I doubt he plans to spend any of his time moping about it.
I think you've reached that point to where LBJ could shoot a few hecklers in the crowd and you would still defend it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:55 AM 06-04-2021
Could be true but comparing a 37 year old injured LeBron to a 30 year old one at the peak of his physical abilities seems rather silly. It was very evident in the series that he did not have the same explosion or lift that he had prior to the ankle injury, making the decision to draw grand conclusions about his entire career on its basis even more questionable.

It’s also not like Phoenix is somehow clearly superior to many of those East teams he beat over the years either.
Of course but the overall point is that there is\was too much competition in the West for him to go to 8 straight Finals in the West or even make it out of the first couple of rounds in some seasons. He would have to give max effort almost every night and that takes a toll on the body. During his prime run in the East he was guaranteed a Finals spot almost every year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:59 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I think you've reached that point to where LBJ could shoot a few hecklers in the crowd and you would still defend it.
Depends on the hecklers, I suppose.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:03 PM 06-04-2021
Of course but the overall point is that there is\was too much competition in the West for him to go to 8 straight Finals in the West or even make it out of the first couple of rounds in some seasons. He would have to give max effort almost every night and that takes a toll on the body. During his prime run in the East he was guaranteed a Finals spot almost every year.
Well I think everyone knew the West was more difficult in many of those years. Unless you're somebody that's counting his Finals appearances rather than his titles (and I don't know anybody who makes a habit of doing that), it hasn't really changed his legacy any. Once there, he still generally won the titles he was supposed to against lesser teams (the 2011 Dallas loss being the exception) and lost the titles he was supposed to against better teams (the 2016 Warriors win being the exception).

All of that basketball over the past two decades with little break may even be what is contributing to his body finally failing him now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:06 PM 06-04-2021

Now that LeBron got eliminated because Solomon Hill dove into his ankle, I would love to see Luka or Jokic make it to the Finals. I would REALLY love to see that 7 foot tall vagina KD eat shit, but he stacked the deck once again like the coward he is so the Nets will win it all.

— Barry McCockiner (@UltraWeedHater) June 4, 2021

Agreed. All aboard the Luka train. Hopefully some of his scrubs can hit a shot tonight.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:13 PM 06-04-2021

Agreed. All aboard the Luka train. Hopefully some of his scrubs can hit a shot tonight.
Do you worship Bury my cock in her?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Do you worship Bury my cock in her?
He claims he just uses him to “respond to trolls”, but as you can see here that’s a load of shit.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 190
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Up