ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 55
« First < 2424849505152 535455 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:16 PM 06-13-2023
I don't follow Hockey that closely so I'm being genuine here. How the fuck is Florida getting the brakes beaten off of them like this in the NHL finals?
[Reply]
srvy 09:01 PM 06-13-2023
Congrats VGK's this was a whooping. Florida quit that's how it happens!
[Reply]
DaFace 09:02 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I don't follow Hockey that closely so I'm being genuine here. How the fuck is Florida getting the brakes beaten off of them like this in the NHL finals?
Vegas is better. Plus hockey is weird.
[Reply]
neech 09:11 PM 06-13-2023
The NFL trophy looks pitiful compared to the Stanley Cup trophy.

The NFL needs to step it up.
[Reply]
srvy 09:33 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by neech:
The NFL trophy looks pitiful compared to the Stanley Cup trophy.

The NFL needs to step it up.
I always wondered if that cup remains in Vegas until the new NHL season starts. Or do they make a fresh cup yearly and inscribe all the past winners on the cup rings again? Or is this one the original and a different one is made for the year's winner to keep?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:01 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
I always wondered if that cup remains in Vegas until the new NHL season starts. Or do they make a fresh cup yearly and inscribe all the past winners on the cup rings again? Or is this one the original and a different one is made for the year's winner to keep?
The cup is the same and each player gets it for a day to do pretty much anything they want with it. The rings on the cup are removable. Once the bottom ring is filled up the top ring is removed and sent to the NHL hall of fame. All the other rings are moved up a spot and a new ring is put on the bottom.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:01 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
It's been the same hunk of metal (with one replica) for like 100 years. They rotate the oldest rings off every 10 years or so when they need to make more room.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:03 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I don't follow Hockey that closely so I'm being genuine here. How the **** is Florida getting the brakes beaten off of them like this in the NHL finals?
Happened to the habs few years ago beat leafs/jets/Vegas, then get swept it’s hockey .
[Reply]
Monticore 10:07 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's been the same hunk of metal (with one replica) for like 100 years. They rotate the oldest rings off every 10 years or so when they need to make more room.
The guy who takes care of the cup and the NHL trophies went to college with my friend , had the conn smyth in his truck when he came to his 40th bd party, I was sick and missed it though .
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:07 PM 06-13-2023
Tkachuk had a fractured sternum.

Can't believe he played game 4 on that. That's crazy.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:08 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:

Breathing suck’s can’t imagine getting boarded multiple times .
[Reply]
Otter 11:05 PM 06-13-2023

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:10 PM 06-13-2023
Woo hoo!

Fun game. Best showing for a knights team since the gendarmes in the 1500s.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:45 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:

Ah, that explains it. Not losing the series, but Tkachuk didn't look right after Game 2 or 3.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:51 AM 06-14-2023
Not only is Vegas disciplined and peaking, but they are large and just whipping FLorida physically at every turn. They have physically dominated most teams, but when you get frustrated at the other team dominating the puck, the frustration really sets in and you get away from your game. Vegas is that good right now....
[Reply]
Page 52 of 55
« First < 2424849505152 535455 >
Up