« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Noah Gray Thread*****
Dante84 12:44 PM 05-01-2021
Surprise! More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcclone 11:19 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
As I said in the other thread….. the Chiefs want this out there for whatever reason. Do they know something about Kelce? He will start to show his age this year? They want it known that when he retires in 2-3 years, we already have his replacement on the roster?

I’d say you’re over thinking it. I don’t think these are “strategic narratives”.

I think the draft is a crap shoot and they know that. When they finally see these guys enough to identify who they’re excited about, they start to feed info to media they trust.

They must have seen enough to be confident that Gray will be making an impact and become a good #2 by year end.

If anything, it will help extend Kelce’s career a little. Takes some of the focus off of him. It’s very hard to cover two good TE’s while still having run personnel in.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:07 AM 07-30-2021
Let's just make sure he can catch in the damn game.

The Chiefs also seemed pretty high on Nick (makes Jonathan Hayes look like Stephone Paige) Keizer.
[Reply]
In58men 10:08 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Let's just make sure he can catch in the damn game.

The Chiefs also seemed pretty high on Nick (makes Jonathan Hayes look like Stephone Paige) Keizer.
Exactly, things are completely when it really matters.

Just having Mahomes has to be fucking nerve wrecking, you definitely don’t wanna piss him off.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:27 AM 07-30-2021
I have a friend that told me Mahomes was generational prior to the 2017 draft.

So I often ask him about his take on college players coming out because he has pretty good eyes.

He said Gray was noticeable at Duke when he was watching film on Daniel Jones.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:40 AM 07-30-2021
Who knows but he looks great on tape. A real talent with jump ability to get the ball. He may be the answer we have needed for a young TE. Just meaning Travis isn't young and we have whiffed on a back up a lot.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:47 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It simply means they’re excited about their rookie and new TE2. They did this with guys before. It has nothing to do with Kelce.
Exactly! Prior to Gray the gap between Kelce and TE#2 was probably the largest of any position on the field outside of QB. To have a legit #2 is nice.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:51 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Exactly! Prior to Gray the gap between Kelce and TE#2 was probably the largest of any position on the field outside of QB. To have a legit #2 is nice.
And it sounds like they like Gray enough that they might be using him in special red zone/run packages.

I like that Reid is looking at ways to diversify. He is a genius but our offense had gotten a bit stale last year.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:10 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Tim Grunhard said today on 610-- that Gray has been working out with Mahomes at a local field.

Tim's friend who runs the field stated that- Gray has looked bigger and faster than he expected. The kid is a total stud. Kelce 2.0!!

Gray will be the starter for TE2.
Maybe.

But also maybe.

[Reply]
RealSNR 11:15 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Maybe.

But also maybe.

We’re talking backup TE, dude. And who’s going to beat out Gray?

That’s not great white hyping the player at all
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:26 AM 11-15-2021
Two f-ups and a very nice TD grab. Silky smooth route on the TD grab.

At least he's capable of making a big play, which is more than can be said for the other backup TEs we've had since Harris.

The Jody Fortson loss still stings because I really liked him, but if Gray is capable of being that tertiary short yardage/goal line option that teams forgot to account for, we're still in pretty good shape.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:29 AM 11-15-2021
That big Darrell Williams run was bc of a block by Noah Gray. It was beautiful. He also had another nice block on a screen.

Can’t wait to see Kelce, 2nd year Gray and 2nd year Fortson next season
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:09 AM 11-15-2021
Hopefully his TD boosts his confidence. I heard everything about this guy being a training camp hero, and haven't seen shit but dropped passes and missed opportunities.... until that TD.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:25 AM 11-15-2021
I think similarly to Nick Bolton, he will start getting confident and more involved. I think theyll make it a point to get him involved and let Kelce get some pine time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:53 AM 11-15-2021
It's also notoriously difficult to get TEs going during their rookie seasons. Not just in Andy's offense either, it's across the board. Most of the all-time great TEs did jack squat in their rookie seasons in terms of receptions and yards. Some of them were even probably terrible. Remember Tony G's rookie year?

I'll bet Gray will be regularly contributing in his 2nd year. Might even see a dual threat kind of situation between him and Kelce.
[Reply]
GingaChief 12:50 PM 12-30-2021
Pro bowler 2023
[Reply]
Page 20 of 23
« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Up