Page 91 of 103
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
VAChief 11:24 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:

Must resist... urge... to trade... prospects. Contreras will come cheaper? *sigh of relief*
He can't evaluate his own talent either.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:26 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I absolutely loathe this guy. Always dinged up, ground ball machine, mediocre defender, I have so little interest in having this guy around for 4 years that it defies meaningful articulation.

Ugh. Just so gross.
Watch the Cubs go get Murphy now.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:28 AM 12-07-2022
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I absolutely loathe this guy. Always dinged up, ground ball machine, mediocre defender, I have so little interest in having this guy around for 4 years that it defies meaningful articulation.

Ugh. Just so gross.
He also likes trannies.

Willson Contreras out here tryna catch everything he can in quarantine pic.twitter.com/TVZ3BxRnNM

— Kevin (Prime Time Fanatic) (@_Kevlar23_) May 4, 2020

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:35 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Watch the Cubs go get Murphy now.
I doubt it. Cubs ownership is just as good as St Louis at crying about having no money to spend.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:41 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I doubt it. Cubs ownership is just as good as St Louis at crying about having no money to spend.
I have more worry over Jed Hoyer being the man for a large market job than I do the Ricketts willingness to spend. The whole season leading up to this offseason was talks about spending. Ricketts has apparently given Hoyer approval to spend whatever is needed. Even Boras has publicly said that the "Tom Tom drum is finally beating again" in regards to Tom Ricketts.

However, the only person that decides if the money gets spent is Jed Hoyer. He apparently didn't spend his entire budget last year as Crane Kenney came out and bragged about how much money they didnt spend that would roll over to this year. And we just went through a year long campaign of "intelligent spending" and how he isn't necessarily excited about giving out the length of contract its going to take to sign a Correa or maybe even Bogaerts, as we listen to more and more about Dansby fucking Swanson.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:42 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
He's under contract until the 2026 season. They just have to be willing to trade prospects.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:46 AM 12-07-2022
I wonder how much Rodon will get considering his injury history. When he is healthy, he's got to be in the top 3-5 starters in the league.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:49 AM 12-07-2022
Doesn't sound like you have to worry about him being around for 4 years, DJ.

The Cardinals and a Willson Contreras are close on a 5-year deal. Yadier replacement.

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 7, 2022

Sounds like you are getting him for 5.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:56 AM 12-07-2022
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Ugh. Just so gross.
While I do agree he has been overrated, I wonder how much the new pickoff rule factors into the Cardinals pursuing him.

His defense been knocked more for his framing. But he always graded well from a scouting perspective on liking the catcher that can throw quickly to second. That skill will be needed more in 2023, carried less weight in recent years.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:58 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Doesn't sound like you have to worry about him being around for 4 years, DJ.

Sounds like you are getting him for 5.

A Wilson Contreras or THE Contreras l?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:02 PM 12-07-2022
I just went and looked up the Fielding Bible Awards and 24 different catchers received a vote for being one of the top 1-10 defensive catchers during the 2023 season and Willson Contreras did not get one vote. That's telling.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:03 PM 12-07-2022
Quintana signed with the Mets too. Didn't see it mentioned.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:06 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I just went and looked up the Fielding Bible Awards and 24 different catchers received a vote for being one of the top 1-10 defensive catchers during the 2023 season and Willson Contreras did not get one vote. That's telling.
He's a good player but his value is heavily reliant on his bat and the fact that he can catch, but he isn't a catcher. He does not get good marks for his work behind the plate or his work with pitchers. I really dont see how that fits the Cardinals philosophy on catching but hey...

Catcher Willson Contreras and the St. Louis Cardinals are in agreement on a five-year, $87.5 million contract, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 7, 2022

Got 5 years to figure it out.
[Reply]
VAChief 12:06 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Quintana signed with the Mets too. Didn't see it mentioned.
When you have Max and Verlander at the top of the rotation...a strike throwing lefty isn't a bad signing.

We need a #1, but they cost a ton, so we will probably add another middle order starter with the other 10 we already have.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:07 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Because he's not a good defender.

This is absolutely Fowler 2.0. And somehow even less defensible.

Mozeliak is a goddamn idiot.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 103
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Up