ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 42
« First < 293536373839 404142 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Willie Gay booked for Damage to property [but he'll play]
Dante84 12:30 AM 01-20-2022
Booking attached.

Update below:

Willie will play on Sunday

Full quote from Andy Reid on Willie Gay: "I decided he’d play. I’m not going to get into the conversations. I’m not going to do that. I decided that after just hearing some of the information that I heard." https://t.co/muFit5wkAn

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) January 21, 2022

Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Attached: D648F019-EB02-4CBD-9E6E-79F4CE576C21.png (37.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:16 PM 01-21-2022
Don't care about any of this shit. Just put him on the field.
[Reply]
scho63 12:16 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Oh, of course. Most of us will eat crow at that point.

But if he was physical with her, then he'd be booked for something else, no?
They can always add more charges if their investigation warrants it.
[Reply]
stanleychief 12:21 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
If Willie Gay gets a sack, should he pretend to be vacuuming as a celebration?
Crowd should throw vacuum bags on the field in celebration.
[Reply]
wachashi 12:23 PM 01-21-2022

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:23 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
They can always add more charges if their investigation warrants it.
It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to process a DV situation. Domestic Vacuum, I mean. The evidence that they had was right there. Now they have a stonewall of a lawyer to go through if they want any more. They had all the evidence they were gonna get with the broken vacuum cleaner. I'm thinking it was a young dumb cop trying to prove his mettle, realized he was dealing with a celebrity, and jumped the gun. The DA is gonna drop this charge, I'm calling it right now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:33 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to process a DV situation. Domestic Vacuum, I mean. The evidence that they had was right there. Now they have a stonewall of a lawyer to go through if they want any more. They had all the evidence they were gonna get with the broken vacuum cleaner. I'm thinking it was a young dumb cop trying to prove his mettle, realized he was dealing with a celebrity, and jumped the gun. The DA is gonna drop this charge, I'm calling it right now.
As was explained before by people that are actually in the LE community, Kansas and the city of OPKS have statutes on the books, as well as federal grants, that REQUIRE them to arrest someone if there's any suspicion of DV.

Most likely, the arresting officer was just following departmental procedure.

The end result could still be the same with the charges being dropped but let's not shame and blame a guy for doing his job.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:48 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
As was explained before by people that are actually in the LE community, Kansas and the city of OPKS have statutes on the books, as well as federal grants, that REQUIRE them to arrest someone if there's any suspicion of DV.

Most likely, the arresting officer was just following departmental procedure.

The end result could still be the same with the charges being dropped but let's not shame and blame a guy for doing his job.
I don't even have an issue with the approach. It can't be uncommon for cops to show up to a DV call, find that it's just a shouting match, walk away, and then get a call an hour later that the situation escalated to a much more serious altercation. While I hope that Willie would have been able to contain himself, it's not completely far-fetched that the cops could have saved his career by getting him out of there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:49 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't even have an issue with the approach. It can't be uncommon for cops to show up to a DV call, find that it's just a shouting match, walk away, and then get a call an hour later that the situation escalated to a much more serious altercation. While I hope that Willie would have been able to contain himself, it's not completely far-fetched that the cops could have saved his career by getting him out of there.
According to the police reports, he left on his own before they got there. They're still going to arrest him though since they don't want him to go back later.
[Reply]
notorious 01:20 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Don't care about any of this shit. Just put him on the field.
Yep.

Don’t give a shit. Go win rings.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:23 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It’s not unreasonable at all to assume a man might intimidate a woman into telling the cops everything is fine then seek revenge once the cops leave.

I just hope that the League doesn’t panic and treat this like something it’s not. It sounds like an argument that got a bit out of hand. It does not seem like a situation that would or should warrant a suspension or exempt list.

Granted, that could always change if more info comes out.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:30 PM 01-21-2022
He practiced today and will play

Andy
[Reply]
Dante84 01:32 PM 01-21-2022

Andy Reid said Rashad Fenton (back) was the lone player that didn't practice.

Willie Gay, who was released from the Johnson County detention center yesterday, did participate with his teammates today. Reid said Gay will play Sunday against the Bills.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) January 21, 2022

[Reply]
BWillie 01:33 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Andy
U ded jersh allans
[Reply]
scho63 01:33 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Andy
I give this 5 Hoover's up.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:34 PM 01-21-2022
It should be noted Andy said "I decided he'd play, after hearing some of the things and speaking with him."

Asked Andy Reid how they arrived at the decision to play Willie Gay on Sunday. He said, "I decided he'll play."

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) January 21, 2022

[Reply]
Page 39 of 42
« First < 293536373839 404142 >
Up