ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 295
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 10:18 PM 10-03-2021
Today was a step in the correct direction. CEH needs our support if he is to improve & redeem himself for his horrible failure in week 2 that cost us the game he needs us to believe in him. Scorn does not help matters.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:21 PM 10-03-2021
He had a really solid game today and if you're trying to say otherwise, you're either hating for other reasons or way over analyzing things.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:25 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Don't pussy foot around it, you agreed
In no way was I predicting that CEH will get 1,700 yards.

It was clearly sarcasm in response to your ridiculous expectations.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:31 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
In no way was I predicting that CEH will get 1,700 yards.

It was clearly sarcasm in response to your ridiculous expectations.
Then JAG expectations, after all he's a 1st round pick
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 PM 10-03-2021
Then JAG expectations
So you’re admitting it’s 1,700 yards or JAG for you.

Thanks for proving it to yourself and being honest that you just have ridiculous expectations.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:39 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So you’re admitting it’s 1,700 yards or JAG for you.

Thanks for proving it to yourself and being honest that you just have ridiculous expectations.

I'm gaging expectations, and by the eye test considering the OL is a force of nature this season concerning the run game.
[Reply]
R Clark 05:33 AM 10-04-2021
Last stat I seen was 14-102 that’s pretty good
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:51 AM 10-04-2021
Should I expect 1700+ total yards out of CEH this season?
I figure something in that ballpark, yeah. 1500+. I said so before the season started, and they're starting to roll.

You're just tripling down since you were shown to be incorrect regarding your Priest Holmes memories now. Holmes, who ran that sweep left behind Roaf for 6 plus every single damned time they wanted to. Holmes, of the 4.73 yd 40 yard dash.

I've said it many times but I don't think casual fans understood just how incredible that line was. And this one is also excellent at run blocking, while they're growing into pass protection.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:05 AM 10-04-2021
poor mans marince jones drew. He ran hard today. Finished runs.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:17 AM 10-04-2021
Then JAG expectations, after all he's a 1st round pick
Here's a question I've been pondering: at what point in a player's career does his draft rank stop mattering in terms of his production?

When do we stop giving Sneed the benefit of the doubt since he wasn't a first round pick? When did we stop judging Fisher on being 1/1 and start looking at him as just a solid LT? When do you recognize that Clyde is our RB and he should now just be judged against other RBs rather than his status as a 1st round pick?

At this point, they're on your team. Production is production. Whether Clyde was a 1, a 3, or a 5, we're not able to go back and change time. If you feel like Clyde at 1 was a bad pick, your problem isn't with him - it's entirely with Veach and Reid.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:24 AM 10-04-2021
His best game of the season but still left a lot of yard on the field. The run he was stopped at the 1ft line was great but should have been a TD with the size of the hole that was there.

Hopefully he continues to build on these last two games.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:26 AM 10-04-2021
Clyde has really found his groove the last two weeks with his average being well over 6 YPC in that span.
[Reply]
morphius 07:32 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
His best game of the season but still left a lot of yard on the field. The run he was stopped at the 1ft line was great but should have been a TD with the size of the hole that was there.

Hopefully he continues to build on these last two games.
Looked to me like he is more concerned about ball protection than scoring.

I'd imagine with D's playing us so deep it will be hard to break off some really long runs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:54 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Here's a question I've been pondering: at what point in a player's career does his draft rank stop mattering in terms of his production?

When do we stop giving Sneed the benefit of the doubt since he wasn't a first round pick? When did we stop judging Fisher on being 1/1 and start looking at him as just a solid LT? When do you recognize that Clyde is our RB and he should now just be judged against other RBs rather than his status as a 1st round pick?

At this point, they're on your team. Production is production. Whether Clyde was a 1, a 3, or a 5, we're not able to go back and change time. If you feel like Clyde at 1 was a bad pick, your problem isn't with him - it's entirely with Veach and Reid.
A huge chunk of the fanbase never got over Fisher going 1.1.

Guy was one of the better LTs in the league playing on a contract that paid him 60% of what the top of the market was getting and folks were still constantly looking to cut him to save cap space.

Had the guy been taken at 25th overall he'd have been a guy the fanbase loved but instead he was always on the chopping block for some people.

A guy's draft status becomes immaterial the moment his contract is signed. Past that any further analysis is of the organizational team that made the call to draft him and the opportunity cost of same.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:01 AM 10-04-2021
A more productive, though perhaps less definitive approach, is to try to evaluate someone in relation to what the team's expectations of him are/were.

That's where I take umbrage to guys not giving CEH credit for his game today. Look - maybe you wanted him to be a game-breaker to take him in the 1st round. In which case your complaint is as to the front office.

But Veach flat out said it when we drafted CEH - the front office was frustrated by runs that were blocked up for 4-6 yards that were going for 1 and getting them behind the sticks. The Chiefs wanted a guy who was going to secure the yardage in front of him and allow the rest of the team to do its job.

Clyde did exactly what was expected of him today. The OL dominated and Clyde took advantage of that. If he does what the team expected of him, he did his job. If someone thinks those expectations were too modest for a 1st round pick, then you can grouse about the front office but not the player.
[Reply]
Page 202 of 295
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252 > Last »
Up