ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1244 of 2688
« First < 24474411441194123412401241124212431244 124512461247124812541294134417442244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 09:22 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
God this year has been frustrating from a media perspective

-“Andy Reid always start fast” (uhh)
-“He’s going to make mistakes” (uhh)
-“Charges might win division (who have they played?!?)
-hype baker (meanwhile Mahomes throwing TDs)
-4 TD game (eh what else can he do)

It’s driving me insane during 2004 (manning) and 2007 (Brady) they couldn’t shut up about those guys
Yeah, I’m not usually one to care much about the media, but I’m finding myself irritated by them right now. Manning and Brady were anointed ones and Mahomes has to “prove it” every game. There’s actually people that say “Mahomes struggled against whatever defense”, after he throws for 300+ yards, four TDs, and gets the win. It drives me nuts! Mangini is the worlds worst, and I really hate that turd!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:27 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
The last Missouri team to win a SB also had their QB win an MVP

Plus we have Mahomes. F*** curses. I hope Mahomes graces the cover of Madden next year.

Whoa! Let's not get crazy now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:33 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Shit like that is saying Ghonorea is better than Syphillis. Christ.
Isn't it?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:36 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
It's stuff like this that is beyond stupid.
2017- Tom Brady - lost to backup QB in SB
2016- Matt Ryan - most embarrassing loss ever. 28-3
2015- Cam Newton- lost in SB in embarrassing fashion.
2014- Aaron Rodgers -lost in OT in playoffs.
2013- Peyton Manning - blasted by Seahawks in SB
[Reply]
Best22 09:37 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Funny, I don’t see Mahomes anywhere on that list

Bring it!
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:42 AM 11-01-2018

It’s driving me insane during 2004 (manning) and 2007 (Brady) they couldn’t shut up about those guys
Lets not act like Mahomes hasn't received his share of attention. He's the most talked about Qb this year. Outside of a few (very few) detractors, our QB is being hyped as the greatest of the next great generation.

Our offense is being dubbed as the best thing since the "Greatest Show on Turf" and we're one of two AFC teams getting realistic consideration as SB bound favorites.

The only team more hyped than the Chiefs right now is the Rams (and there's valid reasons for that) and no QB is the league is more hyped than Mahomes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 11-01-2018
Mahomes has done nothing BUT buck trends since he started for us.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:25 AM 11-01-2018
Don’t want Mahomes to win MVP. Give it to Gurley.

It’s been a goddamn curse to win MVP lately. That means you lose the SB.

https://theathletic.com/625849/2018/...edictions-mvp/

It’s Week 9 of the NFL season, which means it’s time to hand out some totally meaningless hardware! We’ve seen a half season’s worth of action, and our local and national NFL writers and editors used that sample size to vote on a midseason MVP, a most surprising team, a winner of the Super Bowl and more for the 2018 season. We had 30 voters in total, and while there were some runaways (hi, MVP and offensive rookie of the year!), the other category centered on rookies was decidedly more divisive — it took a tiebreaking vote to pick a winner between Darius Leonard and Derwin James. You can see our picks for all eight categories below:

MVP: PATRICK MAHOMES, QB, CHIEFS

Mahomes received 21 out of 30 votes. Also receiving votes: Todd Gurley (8), Jared Goff (1).

Much like he’s been doing to opposing defenses this year, Patrick Mahomes dominated The Athletic’s midseason MVP voting. Which is saying a lot considering this is a field of hefty competition: Gurley and Goff are an unstoppable duo as they lead the undefeated Rams toward the postseason, and Drew Brees, who continues to shatter records seemingly every week, didn’t even receive a vote here. That’s because Mahomes, at least throughout the first half of the year, appears to be on another planet. Yes, he has elite weapons in Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt, but Mahomes leads the league in passing yards (2,526), and passing touchdowns (26 — nine more than Goff and 10 more than Tom Brady), and in his first eight games as the full-time starter has transformed the Chiefs’ offense into one of the most dangerous and dynamic in the league.

Most Surprising Team: KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

The Chiefs received 14 of 30 votes. Also receiving votes: Washington (8), Chargers (3), Bears (2), Jaguars — “surprising in a bad way” (1), Seahawks (1), Texans (1).

Did we expect Pat Mahomes and the Andy Reid-led Kansas City Chiefs to be good again? Yes. Did we expect them to be offensive juggernauts who are putting up a league-high 36.2 points per game and routinely mowing down their opponents? We decidedly did not.

Super Bowl Winner: LOS ANGELES RAMS

The Rams received 17 of 30 votes. Also receiving votes: Patriots (6), Saints (6), Chiefs (1).

We’re only at the midseason point, so who knows, the Rams could completely collapse over the second half of the season. But it certainly doesn’t look likely. Some combination of the Chiefs’ leaky defense and their horrendous postseason history stopped our voters from expressing any confidence in them getting to Atlanta this year. The Saints, who are arguably the most complete team in the league, tied with the reliable pick of the Patriots at 6 votes, but the undefeated Rams win this category comfortably. We’ll see how things progress over the next eight weeks, but right now, an undefeated team with Aaron Donald on defense, Todd Gurley and Jared Goff on offense and Sean McVay running the show seems pretty hard to bet against.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:22 AM 11-01-2018
2nd year QB comparison from PFF.

https://youtu.be/_D7FTxWo5GM
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:29 AM 11-01-2018
Don’t want Mahomes to win MVP. Give it to Gurley.

It’s been a goddamn curse to win MVP lately. That means you lose the SB.
1. Curses aren't real.

2. Bad trends happen and it sucks.

3. The best way to buck a trend is have a transcendental talent at QB.

4. Stats can be fun when they defy the odds (see: coin flip wins this year) but the past does not affect the outcome of the present.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:46 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
1. Curses aren't real.

2. Bad trends happen and it sucks.

3. The best way to buck a trend is have a transcendental talent at QB.

4. Stats can be fun when they defy the odds (see: coin flip wins this year) but the past does not affect the outcome of the present.
Yes this all makes sense. BUT PAIN!!!! SO MUCH PAIN
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:01 PM 11-01-2018

Bro what are you talking about? Mahomes is the darling of the entire NFL. Every media outlet is talking about him. Why do you think Mayfield said what he said? Because the media is interviewing "hype baker" and they're asking about Mahomes.

The only time someone says one of the negatives is when the entire panel is gushing about Mahomes and someone has to play devil's advocate.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:02 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Isn't it?
yes
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:09 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Bro what are you talking about? Mahomes is the darling of the entire NFL. Every media outlet is talking about him. Why do you think Mayfield said what he said? Because the media is interviewing "hype baker" and they're asking about Mahomes.

The only time someone says one of the negatives is when the entire panel is gushing about Mahomes and someone has to play devil's advocate.
Yeah this yeah has been an eye-opener for me. I always thought the national media ignored us because Kansas City. Turns out it was just because we had a boring QB - which has been true since Montana.
[Reply]
Best22 12:12 PM 11-01-2018
Yep. There’s a new article about Mahomes every day. People just marvel over him. He gets way more attention from local and national media, opponents, rival fans, than any other Chiefs QB.

Many Chiefs fans just haven’t experienced it yet. Mahomes makes it so much funner to follow the NFL
[Reply]
Page 1244 of 2688
« First < 24474411441194123412401241124212431244 124512461247124812541294134417442244 > Last »
Up