ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Felix working with Tamba
staylor26 08:40 AM 04-24-2024
This is GREAT to see. Was going to post it in the Felix thread, but figured many wouldn't see it.

Stay working stay studying your craft never become complacent. @fanudike @TysonKilbey pic.twitter.com/azvKPYyOmM

— Tamba Hali (@TambaHali91) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:42 AM 04-24-2024
Worked out great for George. I think the entire defensive line should be working out with him.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:43 AM 04-24-2024
10 sacks next year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:44 AM 04-24-2024
Good for Tamba too.

I remember a few troubling moments for him a few years back. Happy to see he balanced out a bit.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:49 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Worked out great for George. I think the entire defensive line should be working out with him.
I hope George is still working with him.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:51 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why don't the Chiefs just hire him and pay him? He's practically an assistant coach at this point.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I hope George is still working with him.
He is. George posts on Instagram usually when they're working out together.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:04 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Why don't the Chiefs just hire him and pay him? He's practically an assistant coach at this point.
I'd assume the organization doesn't want the liability.
[Reply]
-King- 09:07 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Good for Tamba too.

I remember a few troubling moments for him a few years back. Happy to see he balanced out a bit.
This. Was legitimately worried about his mental health. Had a feeling that he was starting to get better when the Chiefs started bringing him back for events and I'm happy he's getting to work with players and staying active.

I know things work for some players and other things don't, but I really don't see how and why more players don't incorporate the hand slapping techniques Hali used to do. He had OTs legitimately looking stupid and dumbfounded when they couldn't get a hand on him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:09 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
This. Was legitimately worried about his mental health. Had a feeling that he was starting to get better when the Chiefs started bringing him back for events and I'm happy he's getting to work with players and staying active.

I know things work for some players and other things don't, but I really don't see how and why more players don't incorporate the hand slapping techniques Hali used to do. He had OTs legitimately looking stupid and dumbfounded when they couldn't get a hand on him.
If refs would just call holding when he was choked, he’d probably be considered an even better player.

I’ve never seen someone get so few calls.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:19 AM 04-24-2024
Good. FAU was a ghost last year. Dude got a redshirt year. It's odd to have so little production from a 1st round draft pick and have so little discussion about it. Kind of an elephant in the room.

DONT INTERPRET THIS POST AS ME BEING DOWN ON FAU. Sheesh. Just getting that out of the way already.

I thought he looked just fine when he was out there. But you'd like to see more snaps and production out of a 1st round pick. Hopefully this is that year.
[Reply]
Wallymo 09:36 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Good. FAU was a ghost last year. Dude got a redshirt year. It's odd to have so little production from a 1st round draft pick and have so little discussion about it. Kind of an elephant in the room.
I think you answered your own question. The team took a swing on a player at a premium position with elite traits but who needed a redshirt year to gain weight and strength. I don't think there has been a lot of talk because most understood that FAU would need the season to acclimate. The fifth year gained by drafting him in the first softened the blow of not playing right away.

Now we will see if it paid off. If FAU isn't getting real snaps this season then the elephant arises for sure.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:08 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:

Tamba always been good, just had a few odd social media moments. My wife is friends with his wife and anytime I've been around Tamba, he's a pretty normal dude. Really wouldn't ever know he played football if you didn't know him. And yes, we've known him during the end of his career to current, so I don't believe he was really ever in some mental health crisis.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 10:11 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:

DONT INTERPRET THIS POST AS ME BEING DOWN ON FAU. Sheesh. Just getting that out of the way already.

I thought he looked just fine when he was out there. But you'd like to see more snaps and production out of a 1st round pick. Hopefully this is that year.
I think he was able to slip under the radar a little bit because the team was still on course for a Super Bowl run and the D was playing at an elite level overall meaning that ‘wasting’ the 1st round pick was not a critical issue.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:13 AM 04-24-2024
God this makes me happy. Not for the skills he may learn but the acknowledgement that he needs to improve. I feel like Dee Ford never made a huge effort to improve until in was contract time. I always wonder about guys who come in the league and never really move the needle from there, do they know they need to get better or are they just blaming the coaching staff, situation, injuries ECT? Like John Baldwin felt like the exact same player on day one as the day he walked out the door to me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up