ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>What is the best restaurant in KC?
TLO 03:44 PM 04-24-2024
I'm not super picky about food type - I'm just looking at what restaurant would qualify to you as "the best" in Kansas City.

Give me some examples of food offered, atmosphere, price, etc.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:49 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Try Aqua Penny's. https://aquapennys.com/ :-)
Can there even be any Seafood restaurant that is great in the middle of the country?
[Reply]
underEJ 01:53 PM 04-25-2024
I love Le Fou Frog too, but I also think Cafe des Amis in Parkville is a great French choice especially for a date and the service was exceptional.
[Reply]
sedated 03:03 PM 04-25-2024
I thought the deal with Stroud's was that they had a main location that was great and built their reputation, then they opened chains around the city that weren't as good, then the original burned down.

I could be wrong though.
[Reply]
srvy 03:03 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I guess if you never eat fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, etc... then sure. I found it to be incredibly basic, especially for the hype and how busy they were all the time.... but sure, if you want deep-fried American food (that might be redundant), they have it.
The best items aren't fried chicken. Steaks are great but my personal favorite is the catfish also the salmon is very good. Pork chops are nice along with chicken fried steak is hard to beat. I could eat the hamburger steak with mashed potatoes every day its that good. You sure you weren't at KFC?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:08 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Can there even be any Seafood restaurant that is great in the middle of the country?
Try it, then talk to me. Also, try Kata Nori Hand Roll Bar in the Crossroads. They fly their fish in directly from Japan.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:09 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Try it, then talk to me. Also, try Kata Nori Hand Roll Bar in the Crossroads. They fly their fish in directly from Japan.
Had a great experience there. Totally agree.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:09 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by underEJ:
I love Le Fou Frog too, but I also think Cafe des Amis in Parkville is a great French choice especially for a date and the service was exceptional.
Absolutely a great choice. I have only done lunch though I need to try dinner.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:12 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
The best items aren't fried chicken. Steaks are great but my personal favorite is the catfish also the salmon is very good. Pork chops are nice along with chicken fried steak is hard to beat. I could eat the hamburger steak with mashed potatoes every day its that good. You sure you weren't at KFC?
How would I tell the difference?
[Reply]
srvy 08:00 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
How would I tell the difference?
I guess I could comment why comment what you don't know. Most people that go to Strouds don't get the chicken. Unless you have the whole family and get the family chicken dinner. When they quit raising and butchering there own chickens it became just fried chicken. I can fry my own Hudson or Tyson chicken bird.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Womble 08:08 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I guess I could comment why comment what you don't know. Most people that go to Strouds don't get the chicken. Unless you have the whole family and get the family chicken dinner. When they quit raising and butchering there own chickens it became just fried chicken. I can fry my own Hudson or Tyson chicken bird.

Let's not crucify the guy. If you go on Stroud's social media the first thing they mention is their "award winning pan-fried chicken" so if you've only been there a few times it's not unlikely that you'll be going there specifically for the fried chicken. It's what they're known for and what they clearly want to be known for.
[Reply]
srvy 08:33 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Let's not crucify the guy. If you go on Stroud's social media the first thing they mention is their "award winning pan-fried chicken" so if you've only been there a few times it's not unlikely that you'll be going there specifically for the fried chicken. It's what they're known for and what they clearly want to be known for.
I'm not crucifrying him but they do have a nice menu to look at. Why criticism if you don't like chicken. I don't like seafood because I'm allergic to shellfish. My wife loves shellfish so I just order what seafood that doesn't have a shell and hope it isn't cross contaminated.

[Reply]
srvy 08:42 PM 04-26-2024
If you must know why they are proud of the chicken . The original Stroud owned a bar restaurant that was at the trailhead of two famous Pioneer wagon train trails. He had a rookery that sold eggs and gad roasting chickens. It became the last good meal pioneer settlers had before setting out on the frontier. That outpost was at an old train station at what is now 85th and Troost.

[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up