ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Dave Mustaine Has Throat Cancer
Al Bundy 07:25 PM 06-17-2019

I’ve been diagnosed with throat cancer. It’s clearly something to be respected and faced head on - but I’ve faced obstacles before. I’m working closely with my doctors, and we’ve mapped out a treatment plan which they feel has a 90% success rate... https://t.co/8FBQUmloSf pic.twitter.com/CPuu2UFPv1

— Dave Mustaine (@DaveMustaine) June 17, 2019

[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:37 PM 06-17-2019
Damned shame. I haven't been around here much lately. Why? I've been diagnosed with head/neck cancer myself. Been going through the treatment for the last 10 days. I have (aprox) 6 weeks of chemo/radiation coming at me. Like Mustain - I'm looking at a 90% success rate as well.

Sucks, though. Hell, I have no complaints. 74 years old. What tears me apart is going in for treatment and seeing a lot of these young fellas going through much worse than I.

Get well soon, Dave!
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:48 PM 06-17-2019
90%...that seems doable. I've seen so many people die of cancer (both parents included) I only have one thing to say...
...FUCK CANCER IN THE BUNGHOLE WITH A METAL ROD!!

Get well Dave...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:48 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Damned shame. I haven't been around here much lately. Why? I've been diagnosed with head/neck cancer myself. Been going through the treatment for the last 10 days. I have (aprox) 6 weeks of chemo/radiation coming at me. Like Mustain - I'm looking at a 90% success rate as well.

Sucks, though. Hell, I have no complaints. 74 years old. What tears me apart is going in for treatment and seeing a lot of these young fellas going through much worse than I.

Get well soon, Dave!

Damn dude, good luck. Glad it seems to be a good prognosis...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:19 PM 06-17-2019
Rock stars get cancer too. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:20 PM 06-17-2019

Get well soon, Dave!
74 or not, kick its ass. :-)
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:27 PM 06-17-2019
Bruce Dickinson had throat cancer and was back singing within a year I believe.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:37 PM 06-17-2019
Thanks guys! I WILL kick its ass....however there is one thing that I WOULD like to pass along to the rest of you:

I had/have complained of a lump in my throat for the last 4-5 years from KC to Denver to Seattle and back. It wasn't until earlier this year that I went into my physical with my PCP that I brought the subject up with him. He immediately sent me to a ENT Doctor who did a byopsis of the lump. Before that, it was usually passed off as "swollen adenoids" and crap like that.

Got the news of the cancer a couple days later and was referred to KU for treatment.

The point here is that if you EVER suspect something "ain't quite right" - get it checked out and make damned sure that your Doctors do their damned jobs. I have no intention of letting this BS get the better of me. Hell, Chemo and radiation makes me feel worse that I have previously - but if this is what it takes to kick the shit out of it - so be it.

The only thing that ticks me off is that I have to wait longer to get all my treatments and can't move the house in Wyoming along to be built. Turning the project over to my Son. He'll be fine.

Thanks!
[Reply]
loochy 08:49 AM 06-18-2019
Did he get it from licking his wife's butt?
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:53 AM 06-18-2019
Yep this ruins my state fair plans :-)

Only other decent choice now is Bad Company with Foghat
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:23 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Did he get it from licking his wife's butt?

:-)

This, unfortunately, is one of the common misconceptions about HPV (head and neck cancer). Some asshole, when it first came on the scene labeled it as an STD - it is not, it is a viral form of cancer.

Then along comes Michael Douglas and his "witty" remarks about eating too much possum..(Catherine Zeta Jones).
[Reply]
loochy 01:10 PM 06-18-2019
:-)

This, unfortunately, is one of the common misconceptions about HPV (head and neck cancer). Some asshole, when it first came on the scene labeled it as an STD - it is not, it is a viral form of cancer.

Then along comes Michael Douglas and his "witty" remarks about eating too much possum..(Catherine Zeta Jones).
There was another thread about the husband of some famous actress (some hot milfy redhead - I forget her name)getting throat cancer from her colon cancer.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:35 PM 06-18-2019
There was another thread about the husband of some famous actress (some hot milfy redhead - I forget her name)getting throat cancer from her colon cancer.
Marcia Cross and it was anal cancer, not colon.
[Reply]
loochy 07:06 AM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Marcia Cross and it was anal cancer, not colon.
oh forgive me for mixing up cancerous pooping related anatomy
[Reply]
Frosty 08:02 AM 06-19-2019
oh forgive me for mixing up cancerous pooping related anatomy
One is generally caused by HPV, which is transmittable, while the other isn't so I thought it was relevant to mention it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up