ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>Dark Phoenix
Fish 08:31 AM 09-27-2018
Release: February 14, 2019

[Reply]
sully1983 05:35 PM 06-07-2019
This just looks so fucking bad imo. And the reviews have been flat out brutal . Hard Pass.

Oh well , at least Wolverine got a proper send off with Logan (damn I loved that film).
[Reply]
Bowser 06:35 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
So you believe Marvel movies need to be about sagas then? I don't necessarily agree.

So Storm and Rogue don't have any iconic storylines? That's disappointing. But maybe you don't need iconic. You just need faithful adaptations to the characters.
Lol, whatever. Sure, Storm and Rogue have great stories, but this shit is better. Deal with it.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:28 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Lol, whatever. Sure, Storm and Rogue have great stories, but this shit is better. Deal with it.
Have the movies told the story well? If not, why bother? Move on to something safer. I'm just being practical.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:22 AM 06-08-2019
So you believe Marvel movies need to be about sagas then? I don't necessarily agree.
I didn't say that, so obviously there's no reason for you to assume it. Actually nothing I said even vaguely insinuates that. Where did you get that from?

So Storm and Rogue don't have any iconic storylines? That's disappointing. But maybe you don't need iconic. You just need faithful adaptations to the characters.
The failure to adapt the characters properly is the primary thing I'm complaining about.

Storm and Rogue in particular were totally botched in the film universe.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:24 AM 06-08-2019
Have the movies told the story well? If not, why bother? Move on to something safer. I'm just being practical.
The movies haven't told any story well. Nor have they adapted the characters accurately. Rogue, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Cyclops... they've utterly botched all of them. Shit, we can't even GET a decent Gambit. WTF?

That's the far bigger problem.

You can't grow a healthy tree from poison soil.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:29 AM 06-08-2019
****ing preach, my man. Agreed 101%.

that's enough preaching for today
The person in charge of the MCU has said the X-men name is 'problematic'.

The MCU is ****ed. The woke one dimensional stereotype characters are coming.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:51 AM 06-08-2019
I'll give them a bit of credit. Overall the movies have been garbage, but they did a decent job telling their version Days of Future Past story and the Weapon X/setting up Phoenix in X2. Plus, they did a great job on Wolverine, Prof X, Magneto and Nightcrawler.
[Reply]
Jamie 11:20 AM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
The person in charge of the MCU has said the X-men name is 'problematic'.

The MCU is ****ed. The woke one dimensional stereotype characters are coming.
One, it was Victoria Alonso, who is a producer for Marvel, but isn't Kevin Feige, who is in charge of the MCU. She's sort of a lieutenant. Two, she called it outdated, not "problematic". Now you may continue your political fear-mongering.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:22 AM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'll give them a bit of credit. Overall the movies have been garbage, but they did a decent job telling their version Days of Future Past story and the Weapon X/setting up Phoenix in X2. Plus, they did a great job on Wolverine, Prof X, Magneto and Nightcrawler.
They even screwed up Days of Future Past because Vaughn wanted that to be the end of a trilogy rather than the 2nd movie. It was a great movie on its own but they really couldn't keep that momentum going after. It's also why Vaughn left the franchise.
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:05 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
The movies haven't told any story well. Nor have they adapted the characters accurately. Rogue, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Cyclops... they've utterly botched all of them. Shit, we can't even GET a decent Gambit. WTF?

That's the far bigger problem.

You can't grow a healthy tree from poison soil.
Right. Right. So now that X-Men are in Disney's hands I think they need to abandon Dark Phoenix storyline.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:59 PM 06-08-2019
Are there any good fight scenes in this one?
[Reply]
Bowser 01:02 PM 06-08-2019
Well, I went to an early showing of this, but the IMAX theater was broken and they cancelled the show after we all sat there for 45 minutes. I guess I can take this as a sign?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 03:14 PM 06-08-2019
Well, I went to an early showing of this, but the IMAX theater was broken and they cancelled the show after we all sat there for 45 minutes. I guess I can take this as a sign?
All of the entertainment value in less than half the time! A bargain!
[Reply]
Bowser 03:32 PM 06-08-2019
You might end up being very correct. :-)

As compensation, everyone in the theater received two free passes to any movie, IMAX, Prime, 3D, whatever. So I've got that going for me.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:32 PM 06-08-2019
It wasn’t the worst ever, the biggest problem is there’s no humor in the film... at all. All the humor in the film comes from three lines and are all delivered by the same character. It’s just kind of a downer of a film. There cool parts that are worth watching, but it was just a lazy effort. Cyclops isn’t a push over in the film which is a nice change of pace from every X-men movie made thus far, and I’m actually a fan of the actors that play Storm and Nightcrawler. It was alright, go to a matinee for cheap tickets or wait for rent.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up