< 12345 67 >
Media Center>Dark Phoenix
Fish 08:31 AM 09-27-2018
Release: February 14, 2019

[Reply]
Bowser 03:07 PM 06-06-2019

[Reply]
Setsuna 03:14 PM 06-06-2019
They are choosing the worst storylines in the MU. They need to be focusing on Storm and Rogue for one. Get those movies done right.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:30 PM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
They are choosing the worst storylines in the MU. They need to be focusing on Storm and Rogue for one. Get those movies done right.
Disagree. Apocalypse and the Dark Phoenix saga are great stories to tell if done right, but that's the problem right there. Apocalypse was not done right, and I have my concerns about this one being done properly. They kind of suffer from GoT syndrome - there's just too much material to get into a two hour movie.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:56 PM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Disagree. Apocalypse and the Dark Phoenix saga are great stories to tell if done right, but that's the problem right there. Apocalypse was not done right, and I have my concerns about this one being done properly. They kind of suffer from GoT syndrome - there's just too much material to get into a two hour movie.
Why are they great stories to tell exactly?
[Reply]
Setsuna 02:41 AM 06-07-2019
Also I think Marvel needs to take a break from stories on cosmic scales and have more grounded stories. We need a break from end of the world stuff all the time.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:24 PM 06-07-2019
Why are they great stories to tell exactly?
Because the source material is among the most popular comic stories of all time.

Same reason Infinity War was a great story for the Avengers.

The problem is that Fox has been ****ing up X-men from the first movie they made. They started with the most popular comic book property in HISTORY botched it so badly it's hard to believe. From the get go they didn't understand the character's motivations, their personalities, the dynamics between them. All of that was abandoned and Singer and Kinberg just did whatever the **** they wanted. There's no investment in the characters. Their personalities change between movies. Fox ****ing sucks for botching this, and they've sucked for 20 years at it.

I think the Dark Tower movie was more faithful to the source material than Fox's X-men series. The only redeeming thing to come out of it was Deadpool, because the idiots behind the X-men series weren't involved.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:30 PM 06-07-2019
Yeah, what WhiteWhale said.

They are iconic storylines specific to the X-Men, but Fox has fumble fucked the X-Men so hard (with the exception of maybe three of the films, plus Olivia Munn dressed up in the Psylocke costume - daaamn) that they blew a prime opportunity to show a couple of favorite stories properly.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:31 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Sorry to hear, but not surprised:

1. Sophie Turner is nice eye candy, and her acting clearly and noticeably improved over the course of GoT, but she really just doesn't have enough "IT" factor to carry a movie as the main star IMHO.

2. The "Phoenix loses control and kills everything with her amazing unbelievable uncontrollable god-like powers" is kinda ****ing boring anyway. If you want it to be impactful, then you MUST build up the character quite a bit in advance to generate enough interest for her turning heel to be meaningful. They haven't come close to doing that.

3. They literally ALREADY DID THIS MOVIE. And it flat out sucked. Maybe there's a new spin on it here, but seriously you better have some meaningful difference between the primary plot here and the original X-Men 3, which flat out sucked DESPITE having more invested in the relationship between Jean and Wolverine.
AS I pointed out, they already did a Dark Tower movie.

I'm sure fans of the book would still like to see the ACTUAL story get some kind of adaption.

It's kinda like that. NOw they botched it twice and from what I'm hearing this thing makes Wolverine Origins look good by comparison.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:32 PM 06-07-2019
Also I think Marvel needs to take a break from stories on cosmic scales and have more grounded stories. We need a break from end of the world stuff all the time.
I get the feeling that Phase 4 is going to start introducing their cosmic side - Galactus, the Surfer, The Eternals, entities like Eternity, the Living Tribunal, possibly Mephisto....on and on.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:32 PM 06-07-2019

They are iconic storylines specific to the X-Men, but Fox has fumble ****ed the X-Men so hard (with the exception of maybe three of the films, plus Olivia Munn dressed up in the Psylocke costume - daaamn) that they blew a prime opportunity to show a couple of favorite stories properly.
Even the best movies, while functioning as above average actions films, are utter failures as adaptions. Certain Castings were awesome (Jackman, Stewart, and McClellan were home runs with casting)

They just do whatever the **** they want and show no reverence to the characters or materials.

I mean Claremont's era is a ****ing gold-mine. You could have a TV show run 10 seasons with 20 episodes per season with the amount of quality material he gave them to fish from.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:35 PM 06-07-2019
I get the feeling that Phase 4 is going to start introducing their cosmic side - Galactus, the Surfer, The Eternals, entities like Eternity, the Living Tribunal, possibly Mephisto....on and on.
It's also about to get woke.

So... yeah. The end is nigh. There's no more sure way to kill a franchise.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 12:48 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

Good thing we don't do the metric system in 'Merica, am I right or am I right?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:53 PM 06-07-2019
Even the best movies, while functioning as above average actions films, are utter failures as adaptions. Certain Castings were awesome (Jackman, Stewart, and McClellan were home runs with casting)

They just do whatever the **** they want and show no reverence to the characters or materials.

I mean Claremont's era is a ****ing gold-mine. You could have a TV show run 10 seasons with 20 episodes per season with the amount of quality material he gave them to fish from.
Fucking preach, my man. Agreed 101%.

that's enough preaching for today
[Reply]
vailpass 01:41 PM 06-07-2019
****ing preach, my man. Agreed 101%.

that's enough preaching for today
:-)
[Reply]
Setsuna 05:26 PM 06-07-2019
Because the source material is among the most popular comic stories of all time.

Same reason Infinity War was a great story for the Avengers.

The problem is that Fox has been ****ing up X-men from the first movie they made. They started with the most popular comic book property in HISTORY botched it so badly it's hard to believe. From the get go they didn't understand the character's motivations, their personalities, the dynamics between them. All of that was abandoned and Singer and Kinberg just did whatever the **** they wanted. There's no investment in the characters. Their personalities change between movies. Fox ****ing sucks for botching this, and they've sucked for 20 years at it.

I think the Dark Tower movie was more faithful to the source material than Fox's X-men series. The only redeeming thing to come out of it was Deadpool, because the idiots behind the X-men series weren't involved.
So you believe Marvel movies need to be about sagas then? I don't necessarily agree.

They are iconic storylines specific to the X-Men, but Fox has fumble ****ed the X-Men so hard (with the exception of maybe three of the films, plus Olivia Munn dressed up in the Psylocke costume - daaamn) that they blew a prime opportunity to show a couple of favorite stories properly.
So Storm and Rogue don't have any iconic storylines? That's disappointing. But maybe you don't need iconic. You just need faithful adaptations to the characters.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up