ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>Dark Phoenix
Fish 08:31 AM 09-27-2018
Release: February 14, 2019

[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:07 AM 06-05-2019
We still have tickets for Saturday to see it. At best I imagine it's a 50/50 movie where parts of it sucked and parts of it were good. At worst it's slightly under The Last Stand according to most critics just without the plot which I'll still go see just to see the X-Men fight sequences.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:14 AM 06-05-2019
Always been an inconsistent franchise. Nothing new
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:33 AM 06-05-2019
I'll see it like I did apocalypse...on a flight that has it as an entertainment option. Days of Future past imo is the last fox X-Men movie ..of course Logan is a perfect end too
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:45 PM 06-05-2019
Sorry to hear, but not surprised:

1. Sophie Turner is nice eye candy, and her acting clearly and noticeably improved over the course of GoT, but she really just doesn't have enough "IT" factor to carry a movie as the main star IMHO.

2. The "Phoenix loses control and kills everything with her amazing unbelievable uncontrollable god-like powers" is kinda fucking boring anyway. If you want it to be impactful, then you MUST build up the character quite a bit in advance to generate enough interest for her turning heel to be meaningful. They haven't come close to doing that.

3. They literally ALREADY DID THIS MOVIE. And it flat out sucked. Maybe there's a new spin on it here, but seriously you better have some meaningful difference between the primary plot here and the original X-Men 3, which flat out sucked DESPITE having more invested in the relationship between Jean and Wolverine.
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:46 PM 06-05-2019
I'm not a comic book reader, so I have a different take than you guys sometimes. On Apocalypse, which everything thinks was meh to flat out terrible -- I also though ti was meh overall, but I though the intro scene, in ancient Egypt, when Apocalypse gets trapped, was pretty awesome. Maybe it was just the special effects, but I really liked it.

Did even those who hated the movie at least like that scene, or am I just off on my own little reservation here?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:39 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I'm not a comic book reader, so I have a different take than you guys sometimes. On Apocalypse, which everything thinks was meh to flat out terrible -- I also though ti was meh overall, but I though the intro scene, in ancient Egypt, when Apocalypse gets trapped, was pretty awesome. Maybe it was just the special effects, but I really liked it.

Did even those who hated the movie at least like that scene, or am I just off on my own little reservation here?
I think you are right. That was the very best part of the movie.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:16 PM 06-05-2019
I just went ahead and Wikipediad the story because try as I might, and as much as I've liked the re-booted universe, I just cannot convince myself that I want to see this movie.

Apocalypse was so bad and they've told this exact same !@#$ing story in a previously failed movie.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:55 PM 06-05-2019
Does Sansa show her ass in this one? If so might see it when it hits HBO.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:35 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:

I like pretty much anything to do with X-Men and ancient Egypt so I'm a little bit biased, but I thought it was cool.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:12 PM 06-05-2019
How does Magneto look like Fassbender only 8 years before he looks like McKellen???
[Reply]
Bowser 09:48 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How does Magneto look like Fassbender only 8 years before he looks like McKellen???

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:52 PM 06-05-2019
Turner is hot as a phoenix. Doesn't mean she should play one.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:57 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Turner is hot as a phoenix. Doesn't mean she should play one.
Sophie Turner has evolved into an All-World beauty - the kind that if she were to smile at you, you would feel like you just took a straight kick to the gut. I have no idea how a Jonas brother landed that, but whatever.

She's been pretty wooden as an actor, but she seemed to grow these last couple/few seasons on GoT. I'm not expecting mad acting range from her in this movie, but we'll see. My hopes aren't quite as high for this film as they once were.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:58 PM 06-06-2019

[Reply]
vailpass 03:02 PM 06-06-2019

[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up