Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Dark Phoenix
Fish 08:31 AM 09-27-2018
Release: February 14, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
I loved the first 2 but HATED Apocalypse. I'm sure I'll see it again but refused to re-watch since the theaters. The Apocalypse character was a shell of himself in the comics, and didn't seem like the movie overall really accomplished anything.
I'm pretty sure Psylocke jump-started puberty for me so I have a bit of a blind spot for any movie that puts Olivia Munn in that costume and parades her around for a couple of hours...
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:52 AM 09-28-2018
I like the new cast, they're not the finest actors in the world, but McAvoy and Fassbender hold them up. They're not going to be used anymore, because they already introduced Wolverine in DoFP, which is a shame imo. The best part is they haven't messed up Cyclops yet, so as long as Tye Sheridan is given a good role in this one then I'll be pleased. It looks like they're going to kill Jennifer Lawrence off, which needed to happen imo.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:44 PM 09-28-2018
This is just going to be a pissed off and uber powerful Jean Grey ala X-Men 3, isn't it? That sucks, because I would love to see how they could incorporate the actual Phoenix Force into this arm of the MCU (and maybe use it as a bridge to the Avengers MCU and related cosmic entities when the Marvel universe is finally together on the big screen).
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:01 PM 09-28-2018
FOX just bumped this from Feb to June 7th.

They also bumped Alita Battle Angel into the Feb slot this once held
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:33 PM 09-28-2018
Apocalypse was always going to be a tough villain to translate from the comics. He doesn't have much depth, his powers are weird, and he uses alien tech.

But if the MCU could make Thanos interesting, Fox should have been able to do the same with Apoc.. and they failed miserably.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:51 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm pretty sure Psylocke jump-started puberty for me so I have a bit of a blind spot for any movie that puts Olivia Munn in that costume and parades her around for a couple of hours...
Yeah. Munn is a dime. I have a serious thing for Sophie Turner too. She trips my trigger.

Apocalypse would have been all timer 10 years ago. But today it seems derivative these days. It may be a victim of overexposure.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:36 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Apocalypse would have been all timer 10 years ago. But today it seems derivative these days. It may be a victim of overexposure.
I'd bet this does worse than whatever Venom finishes with.

I use to be a huge X-Men fan but after the movies went to garbage and Marvel Comix just abandoned them they're like a 1st cousin I haven't seen in 10 years...
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:10 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
First Class - Good movie. Brought back the X-men franchise

Days of Future Past - Great movie. Best X-Men film ever made

Apocalypse - Terrible movie. Probably one of the worst X-Men movie's ever made and that is saying something. Seriously what the hell happened that made them make this abortion of a movie. Single handily killed a great X-Men franchise reboot. If Dark Phoenix doesn't knock it out of the park then its time to call it quits and let Marvel redo the X-Men

and now Dark Phoenix - We shall see but don't really have high hopes.
My take on the Franchise
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
My take on the Franchise
Apocalypse is worse than The Last Stand?

Woah now, I can't back that play.

The Last Stand is one of the most mind-numbingly awful movies I have ever seen. I'm not convinced you could make a worse movie on purpose. There's literally not a single decision made in that entire movie that I think actually worked.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:33 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Apocalypse is worse than The Last Stand?

Woah now, I can't back that play.

The Last Stand is one of the most mind-numbingly awful movies I have ever seen. I'm not convinced you could make a worse movie on purpose. There's literally not a single decision made in that entire movie that I think actually worked.
Technically I said one of the worst. :-)

It has been quite a while since I have seen The Last Stand and I might be a little bias. Age of Apocalypse was by far my favorite X-Men story line and they just butchered it.

Apocalypse looked like a cartoon villain from an 80's superhero movie. They completely shit on the story of Archangel and his character. Honestly, there is so many things wrong with this movie that I could bitch for an entire page.

Off the top of my head. 3 worst X-Men Films of all time

1. Age of Apocalypse
2. The Last Stand
3. Wolverine Origins (Seriously how do you screw Deadpool up so bad)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:31 AM 02-28-2019

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:51 PM 02-28-2019
Looks like shit

No interest
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:27 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Looks like shit

No interest
I might see it....the last one was disappointing. Would this be the last one since they are merging I'm guessing.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:52 PM 02-28-2019
It’s an X-men movie so I’ll be seeing it. Even though I can pretty much make out the entire plot from the trailers, even though it looks all sadness and no joy, even though Marvel is scratching the timeline and cast from these films, I’ll still go see it early afternoon Matinee.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:49 PM 02-28-2019
Are they actually going to use the entity of the Phoenix Force here? The space shots made me think so.

And is Jessica Chastain the White Queen?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up