Page 14 of 22
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Media Center>FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
Fire Me Boy! 06:46 AM 05-16-2017

[Reply]
RealSNR 01:02 PM 11-11-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Red Drawf is/was Awesome.
I want to catch up on the new episodes they've been making. I wonder if they're any good.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 01:08 PM 11-11-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I either didn't notice the credits or it wasn't there, but almost immediately I realized the blue alien was played by Rob Lowe. Great casting choice. :-)
He is quite fuckable :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 01:57 PM 11-11-2017
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
He is quite ****able :-)

[Reply]
GayFrogs 02:09 PM 12-01-2017
This series seems to get better every episode. Loved the last one...characters were spot on and the plot was cool. Standing on the shoulders of the next generation.
[Reply]
srvy 08:23 PM 12-01-2017
I dont normally go for this type stuff. I am not a Trekkie or a Star Wars fanboy but I like this show. It moves along fast has some humor makes you think with a moral to the story. I hope they can keep it up without going off the rails because as it is now its a winner.
[Reply]
notorious 09:51 PM 12-01-2017
Will keep watching.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:03 AM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
Tried watching this. Couldn't finish the first episode with the mom and two kids crash landing with the robot. Completely unwatchable.
I've watched 1 ep beyond that one (perhaps 2 - when did the "Blue man" show up again?) and it was by far the worst.

So far, to me at least, this is a very ST-NG show with comedy added.

I think it does a good job of pointing out social issues ST might run into, while confronting our own, and NOT taking a preachy side.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:56 AM 12-06-2017
Watched the first 3 episodes on my phone last night before I ran out of data. I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
JD10367 03:19 AM 12-12-2017
Okay, I’m sure Seth MacFarlane sold Fox on “The Orville” by telling them it would be “like ‘Galaxy Quest’ but raunchy”. But instead he’s made a show that’s both funny as well as thought provoking and intelligent and as scientific as any “Trek”. The season ender was hilarious and horrifying and allegorical and scientifically out-there all at once, and still had room for human emotion. Compared to his other works like “Ted” and “Family Guy”, this show is like if Weird Al wrote a symphony to rival Beethoven’s 5th.
[Reply]
bowener 07:46 AM 12-12-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's really no different than the original Star Trek series, where they addressed racial, political and religious issues nearly every week.

Star Trek has always been a "morality tale", which is why the Abrams produced movies and even Enterprise have missed the mark.
Your second point is what more people need to realize. Star Trek isn't a "run around shoot 'em up" kind of franchise. I am intrigued but worried about this Tarantino project that may get off the ground.

Unrelated to your comment, but I wanted to hate The Orville because I'm really not entertained by most of SM's humor, but the show has some great writing and characters despite some stupid sophomoric jokes. I will agree that there are a few low brow jokes that do hit the mark pretty well.

I know this will appear nitpicky to most, but I really wish they would have explained that Ed and Gordon met during a history class of the late 20th century or something. Most of the jokes are based on pop culture from this era, after all.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:21 PM 12-14-2017
I'm amazed how much LESS SJW is in the Orville than the new ST series.

To me, this looks like TNG with humor. Well, MORE humor...
[Reply]
patteeu 12:53 PM 12-14-2017
I’m not really loving it yet. It’s good enough to keep watching and hoping it gets better. I haven’t really developed much connection with any of the characters yet.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:22 AM 07-22-2018

Originally Posted by :
"[I]n Season 2 the storytelling is more assertive and bold. There's some narratively bold stuff that was just amazing to make," says MacFarlane, adding, "Every episode feels like a movie."

[Reply]
keg in kc 07:23 PM 10-28-2018

[Reply]
Bowser 08:03 AM 10-29-2018
Patrick Warburton, lol
[Reply]
Page 14 of 22
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up