ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Media Center>The Punisher (Netflix series)
Fire Me Boy! 07:06 AM 10-04-2016
The Punisher Netflix Series Begins Filming

http://screenrant.com/the-punisher-n...B-P&view=lista

Originally Posted by :
Netflix and Marvel recently launched Luke Cage, which hit the streaming service just a few days ago, but the collaboration has bigger plans on the horizon. Next year will kick off with the premiere of Iron Fist before all the street-level heroes of New York team up in The Defenders. That means Netflix has a full slate of projects headed its way from the MCU, but it won’t stop there. The service has new seasons of both Daredevil and Jessica Jones coming soon, and it will also welcome perhaps the grittiest of all the heroes to the neighborhood when The Punisher gets his own solo series.

Given the response from the character’s debut in Daredevil season 2, the series has been on the fast track, going from speculation to confirmation in a remarkably short amount of time. And if a new batch of set photos are any indication, it seems that production on the series has officially gotten underway in New York.

More at the link.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:54 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The big question is will Disney leave it alone for that production team to get free reign and have The Punisher stay on Netflix so it can maintain the TV-MA rating.

This will be dependent if they keep The Daredevil cast on their streaming network giving cohesion to Castle's narratives.
Netflix they're the ones that don't feel it's good for their business to hold on and start new seasons. Disney is ready to pull all their shit so Netflix feels it isn't worth trying to go forward with them. Once Daredevil got cancelled I knew it was over. Now have to hope Hulu jumps in cause Disney+ likely won't have these shows.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:00 AM 02-18-2019
I don’t get Netflix’s decisions on these. They are popular. Why not make the popular Marvel ones until the contract is up?

They paid $100 million just for a year of friends for crissakes.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:05 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don’t get Netflix’s decisions on these. They are popular. Why not make the popular Marvel ones until the contract is up?

They paid $100 million just for a year of friends for crissakes.
Well I just read that Disney is removing all of their movies once the service starts for Disney+ so it sounds like Netflix has no reason to continue to try to work with them. Sucks.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:06 AM 02-18-2019
what the fuck! The punisher is so good, somebody better pick it up
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:11 AM 02-18-2019
@Collider: That's all, folks! Netflix has cancelled 'The Punisher' and 'Jessica Jones', bringing an official end to the Marvel Netflix TV Universe. http://bit.ly/2Ivxbea

Solid article on what's going on
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:11 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
what the fuck! The punisher is so good, somebody better pick it up
how in the hell is anyone going to pick it up? Disney ain’t giving out rights to anything they own. They want to broadcast their own stuff. Keep the whole pie for themselves. Maybe they pick it up but that’s the only way.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:15 AM 02-18-2019
@Marvel: A Letter to Marvel Television Fans from Jeph Loeb: http://bit.ly/2GxxPX0

Maybe there is hope? Hulu is the logical choice to get these shows with Disney's 60% ownership and they would have freedom to do what Netflix did
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:33 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Jessica Jones and The Punisher officially cancelled. Marvel is officially dead on Netflix.

Now I can only hope Hulu Rescues Daredevil and Jessica Jones at minimum, if not all the shows.

@DEADLINE: ‘The Punisher’ & ‘Jessica Jones’ Canceled By Netflix; Latter’s 3rd Season Still To Air https://deadline.com/2019/02/the-pun...medium=twitter https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/...226496/photo/1
F*ck Netflix with a rusty fork.

If Hulu does pick these up, they'll be stealing viewers from Netflix. Hope it happens.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:37 AM 02-18-2019
Fuck Darth Mouse
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:26 PM 02-18-2019
This is why I thought Disney getting their hands into everything was going to end up badly.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:55 PM 02-18-2019
I knew it was coming and it is still depressing. Just as they get the character developed to the place we all want to see him the plug gets pulled. Fuck everyone responsible.
[Reply]
morphius 07:22 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
how in the hell is anyone going to pick it up? Disney ain’t giving out rights to anything they own. They want to broadcast their own stuff. Keep the whole pie for themselves. Maybe they pick it up but that’s the only way.
Exactly. I figure there isn't much time before the Marvel shows other places get canned. Figure Disney is asking some outrageous numbers for the licensing.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:46 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by morphius:
Exactly. I figure there isn't much time before the Marvel shows other places get canned. Figure Disney is asking some outrageous numbers for the licensing.
What I read is that Punisher is free to being used right now on other platforms. Netflix has a 2 year 'freeze' period on the rest of the shows before Disney/marvel can use them or the characters. Also Netflix owns the current episode catalog for all their marvel shows. Disney would have to pony up. Which possibly means they could use these characters on a new show on Hulu/plus if they wanted after 2 years but sounding hard to renew those shows individually without having the previous seasons.
[Reply]
morphius 08:32 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
What I read is that Punisher is free to being used right now on other platforms. Netflix has a 2 year 'freeze' period on the rest of the shows before Disney/marvel can use them or the characters. Also Netflix owns the current episode catalog for all their marvel shows. Disney would have to pony up. Which possibly means they could use these characters on a new show on Hulu/plus if they wanted after 2 years but sounding hard to renew those shows individually without having the previous seasons.
Why would they go to Hulu when they are coming out with their own streaming service by then?
[Reply]
Rausch 08:38 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I knew it was coming and it is still depressing. Just as they get the character developed to the place we all want to see him the plug gets pulled. **** everyone responsible.
I was pumped for season 2 but once Disney/Marvel announced they were cutting ties with Netflix there was no point in watching.

Even if it was the greatest show on Netflix it's over and Disney won't be picking it up on their streaming service. Why bother?...
[Reply]
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Up