ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>The New Top Gear UK
pr_capone 06:44 PM 06-07-2016
Watching the season premier now... and good God it is awful. Chris Evans is trying entirely too hard to hard to be Jeremy without Clarkson's charm.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:58 AM 01-08-2017
Yeah, they can do some great work when putting together non-comedy pieces. At the same time, I love their comedy skits too. And let's be honest here, ALL of their shows are completely scripted. Some of the pieces that "feel" less scripted are incredible, but the Reliant Robin is as scripted as you can get, and still has me cracking up every time I see it.

[Reply]
unlurking 08:02 AM 01-08-2017
I will take The Grand Tour over the new Top Gear every time. Talk about scripted. Joey is absolutely horrible at "reading his lines". I kept waiting for him to forget and look down at his hand for cues. I'm surprised his eyes were ever directed at the camera. I can only assume the teleprompter was directly above the lens.
[Reply]
Miles 02:18 AM 01-14-2017
I'm still two weeks behind and mostly enjoying this quite a bit. Everything with the production of this new show is all out and better than Top Gear but I really miss the music.
[Reply]
Miles 07:49 PM 03-26-2017
Watching first episode of new season of Top Gear and really enjoying it. So far they have done the obvious to fix the show. Been a fan of Chris Harris for years.
[Reply]
Squalor2 09:22 PM 03-26-2017
watched ep3 of this year and harris is growing on me a bit. the production quality is better than ever before imo.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03-26-2017, 10:18 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: dupe
Baby Lee 10:19 PM 03-26-2017
This week is the Chiron [drools]. It's in the queue.

I like Sabine, but last week's episode with the GTI picking off supercars on the Nurburgring was another stilted snoozer [ie, more artifice than genuine excitement].

If Chris Harris is your jam, check out his online offerings. I posted this in Radar's pic thread [embedding not offered].

http://www.topgear.com/videos/chris-...aferrari-fxx-k
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:45 PM 03-26-2017
I liked it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:59 PM 03-27-2017
I thought it was good.

Sabine is a God at the Nurburgring, however, so it hardly seems fair sending her out there in a little rocket sled like that.

I thought the opener with Harris and LeBlanc was good (anything with an Aston is hard to dislike) and, as is my custom, I fast-forwarded through the 'celebrity' bit so it was as good as it ever is to my eyes. The piece on the Mia....er....Fiat was good as well (though I feel like The Grand Tour did the same piece, or maybe I just stumbled into something similar on Youtube).

They're getting it figure out. Plenty entertaining at this point.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:55 AM 04-04-2017

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:41 PM 06-03-2017
Love the look at 8:50

[Reply]
jd1020 03:52 PM 06-03-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I will take The Grand Tour over the new Top Gear every time.
Only thing I don't like about The Grand Tour is the celebrity death shit. By far the lamest thing on the show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:38 PM 08-01-2017
Anyone giving the Merkin TG reboot a chance.

I'll probably give it a week or two just on the draw of Fitchner alone. Hated the Adam Ferrara iteration, though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:29 PM 11-01-2017

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:27 PM 03-07-2018
Top Gear got around to throwing shade at Grand Tour.

Chris Harris, reviewing the McLaren 720S, mentioned the importance of a quality suspension in a supercar 'lest you end up on the side of the road, . . . upside down, . . and on fire.'

Also, WANT!!

[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:01 AM 03-18-2018
But what are it's crash safety ratings?

I would have side windows, that guy is getting sprayed but since he's paid makes it look good....

It looks like a great LA buggy to me. Does it have a place for your beer?

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Top Gear got around to throwing shade at Grand Tour.

Chris Harris, reviewing the McLaren 720S, mentioned the importance of a quality suspension in a supercar 'lest you end up on the side of the road, . . . upside down, . . and on fire.'

Also, WANT!!

[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up