< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: Jessica Jones
keg in kc 06:34 PM 09-10-2015
Finally a premiere date: November 20th.

Trailer:

[Reply]
unlurking 12:08 PM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
They did make some changes which I like.

Like how Cage and Jones are linked and what happened to Cage's woman.

Probably pick up with ep 7 tomorrow and finish it. Tennant is a pretty damed creepy bad guy...
Just finished episode 10. I agree, the adaptations from the story are great. Usually I prefer a more faithful attempt to stay true to the source, but the changes here have been great so far. The Cage/Jones history works well, and I love the new origin story of Killgrave.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:12 PM 11-22-2015
I still can't believe they ever thought they could do this on abc. How shitty would that have been...
[Reply]
unlurking 01:08 PM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I still can't believe they ever thought they could do this on abc. How shitty would that have been...
Was that the original plan? Yeah, that wouldn't fly!
[Reply]
unlurking 05:53 PM 11-22-2015
Watched the finale just before the game. Excellent season. Looking forward to season two and the inevitable showdown with IGH.

Curious to know if we get to see Hellcat next season as well. Also assuming we'll see more of Nuke. Can't wait for Cage and Defenders!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:23 PM 11-23-2015
This is a pretty good show. Id be lying if I said Luke Cage wasn't my favorite part of it, but the drama and mystery is pretty cool.

As mentioned, there's a shit ton of sex. I feel like every time I turn around Luke and Jessica are boning.

And some seriously fucked up shit!
Spoiler!
. It's pretty dark at times.

They've also done a great job at setting up Purple Man as an antagonist.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:40 PM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I can't stand the actress who plays Jessica Jones.
I didn't recognize her from Breaking Bad for some reason. She is eminently fuckable.
[Reply]
unlurking 04:51 PM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They've also done a great job at setting up Purple Man as an antagonist.
Tennant has become one of my favorite MCU villains along with Hiddleston and D'Onofrio.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:52 PM 11-23-2015
Just finished it. Pretty damn good shit. In the first few episodes I thought it was pretty good shit.

Then the back half is waaaay better. And doesn't fuck around. It throws some damned haymakers. Marvel/Netflix did great with this one. Some things were pretty tough to tackle with mind control, but it did well. Both Daredevil and Jessica Jones are pretty solid.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:15 PM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Tennant has become one of my favorite MCU villains along with Hiddleston and D'Onofrio.
I also like how different these characters are. Killgrave isn't a raving madman like the Kingpin. He just doesn't give a fuck. About anyone or anything. People are just entertainment to him.

He really isn't even power hungry. He didn't become president or take over Microsoft - he just wants what he can't have...
[Reply]
listopencil 01:03 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I also like how different these characters are. Killgrave isn't a raving madman like the Kingpin. He just doesn't give a fuck. About anyone or anything. People are just entertainment to him.

He really isn't even power hungry. He didn't become president or take over Microsoft - he just wants what he can't have...
I enjoyed the season and I'll keep watching. I can't say exactly why. I found myself buying into the characters though. Decent acting, decent dialogue, decent plots. All of the main characters are played by actors who are compelling in their own ways. I had a really hard time accepting Tennant in the role. I have only seen him in Dr. Who before this. At least he looks older so that did make it easier. Also the woman who plays the lawyer...

Spoiler!

...really reminds me of the wife on House of Cards for some reason. I just couldn't shake the feeling that they were the same people. Weird for two fictional characters that are completely unrelated played by two different actors to give me that feeling.
[Reply]
007 01:19 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I enjoyed the season and I'll keep watching. I can't say exactly why. I found myself buying into the characters though. Decent acting, decent dialogue, decent plots. All of the main characters are played by actors who are compelling in their own ways. I had a really hard time accepting Tennant in the role. I have only seen him in Dr. Who before this. At least he looks older so that did make it easier. Also the woman who plays the lawyer...

Spoiler!

...really reminds me of the wife on House of Cards for some reason. I just couldn't shake the feeling that they were the same people. Weird for two fictional characters that are completely unrelated played by two different actors to give me that feeling.
Yep the lawyer reminds me completely of the wife on House of Cards. Its really weird.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:19 AM 11-24-2015
I actually got the same feeling, listo.

Is it the same actress?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:19 AM 11-24-2015
I think their workspaces are even similar, IIRC...
[Reply]
007 01:24 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I actually got the same feeling, listo.

Is it the same actress?
nope.

Robin Wright is House of Cards
Carrie Anne Moss is the lawyer on Jessica Jones

Its almost like they went out of their way to make her look like her and then said act like her too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:28 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by Guru:
nope.

Robin Wright is House of Cards
Carrie Anne Moss is the lawyer on Jessica Jones

Its almost like they went out of their way to make her look like her and then said act like her too.
I didn't get that vibe. I just thought that was the only role that was acted poorly. There is a way to play that role and that ain't it.

Hell of it is I had it figured all wrong. I was the most worried about the Jessica Jones Character. That is a damn complex character and I thought there was a low probability of Krysten Ritter doing a decent job. She did really well. Tennant knocked it out of the park IMO. Even the Malcom and Trish characters I thought were well done.

I figured Carrie Anne Moss had that shit nailed down. Disappointing that she is the one that dropped the ball.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up