ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 94
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
vailpass 04:03 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by Jilly:
God, I do. It's a great show, but so darn slow. I nod off every time and then get so mad cuz I want to see it.
You nod off?
Girlfriend, really?
[Reply]
Jilly 04:04 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You nod off?
Girlfriend, really?
Busy working mom. It doesn't take much.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:03 PM 03-04-2014
Cool then. Keep up the good work...
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:09 PM 03-04-2014
God, I do. It's a great show, but so darn slow. I nod off every time and then get so mad cuz I want to see it.
I'd agree on the first couple episodes.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:24 PM 03-04-2014
My wife gets around 4-5 hours of sleep, max, a night. I tell her it's like living with a fucking heroin addict when we try to watch TV together. 5 minutes in, and she's nodding off. I can't tell you how many segments of Breaking Bad I've had to replay for her as she's worked through the series.
[Reply]
Bambi 12:14 PM 03-05-2014
not really spoilers for those that have seen the first couple episodes at least but I found this video really informative and interesting

[Reply]
gblowfish 12:27 PM 03-05-2014
I actually went back and watched the first three episodes last night. A lot more stuff makes sense on the second viewing.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:57 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
not really spoilers for those that have seen the first couple episodes at least but I found this video really informative and interesting

:-)
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:03 PM 03-05-2014
Well, they certainly are loading up on Easter eggs in this show- even if they ultimately prove to simply be dead ends, and ultimately end up capturing a lot of viewer's curiosity. Almost mimicking Rust's obsessive digging, people are combing over every tiny detail trying to solve their own mystery.

Also, I still am intrigued by the creator's frequent mention of it being right under our nose the whole time. Specifically related to the show's promo poster depicting Rust and Marty in identical outfits with the caption, "True Detective".
Shouldn't it be True Detectives???

Spoiler!

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 01:06 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by Buck:
If you like this show, watch Broadchurch.
Who told you about that show Buck?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 01:29 PM 03-05-2014
I dont think that was Maggie in the asylum
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:42 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:

Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I actually went back and watched the first three episodes last night. A lot more stuff makes sense on the second viewing.
Amusing. I think the wackiest theory I've seen is someone saying The Yellow King was the owner of the Vietnamese restaurant they ate at in episode 3 - simply because of the Yellow reference to Asians, and that Rust made some comment about how horrific the murders were, and it reminded him of stories his daddy talked about when he was fighting over in Vietnam.
That's one hell of a stretch!!
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:49 PM 03-05-2014
Just some screen grabs for people piecing together reference images found throughout the episodes.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jilly 04:35 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
My wife gets around 4-5 hours of sleep, max, a night. I tell her it's like living with a ****ing heroin addict when we try to watch TV together. 5 minutes in, and she's nodding off. I can't tell you how many segments of Breaking Bad I've had to replay for her as she's worked through the series.
Sully hates it too....although he'll say he only hates that I feel bad about it and try to pretend like I was watching the whole time instead of just being honest the first time and saying I fell asleep.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:58 PM 03-05-2014
True Detective: Matthew McConaughey wrote a 450-page deconstruction of Rust Cohle's life
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...hles-life.html

Originally Posted by :
True Detective star Matthew McConaughey has revealed he has extensively studied the life of character Rust Cohle as preparation for playing him

Matthew McConaughey's Best Actor Oscar acceptance speech bemused millions of people on Sunday, but there's plenty more of where that came from according to the True Detective star.

NEWS: Matthew McConaughey won't return in True Detective

McConaughey told Rolling Stone magazine that he created a 450 page graph in an attempt to understand the life and personality of his misanthropist character Rust Cohle.

True Detective, the anthology show conceived by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Cary Fukunaga, follows the working relationship between criminal investigators Cohle and Martin Hart (played by Woody Harrelson) over 17 years as they unravel a bizarre murder case, fall out and are interviewed about a similar incident nearly two decades later.

To keep track of Cohle's life and his varying states of addiction, employment and religious belief, McConaughey says he "made a 450-page kind of graph of where Cohle was and where he was coming from".

It's yet to be published anywhere online, and would be a long read if it was, but McConaughey revealed the 'Four Stages of Rustin Cohle' he discovered through the graph to Rolling Stone. In it, he details the three Cohles we see at the 1995, 2002 and 2012 flashbacks of the show, as well as 'Crash', "our deep, narco wild-ass" version of Cohle who worked as an undercover policeman while nursing coke and meth habits.

McConaughey describes 1995 Cohle as someone who is avoiding interaction with others because he's "trying to hold it together", and is relying on the murder case "to actually survive... because it's going to keep him from killing himself". Seven years later, and McConaughey believes Cohle still relies on the case as "his lifeline" but after a failed attempt at domesticity, "resigns to his nature, once again."

By 2012, Cohle has "lived longer than he hoped" after having to "endure the existence of this s---storm called life". Things aren't looking good for the long-haired, alcoholic ex-CID agent: "He's not going become a madman, he's not going to kill himself. He wrestles the devil every day, and he realises that this may last a lot longer than he ever hoped for."

[Reply]
Page 30 of 94
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Up