ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>FBI Files
Imon Yourside 06:46 PM 06-18-2019
I really don't watch much TV but when I do i love shows like this. Anyone else watch these?

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:01 PM 06-18-2019
I'm not much for the re-enactment/voiceover genre.

I do like some true crime/investigation material, but this particular genre seems to skew melodramatic at times.

I'm more of a Joe Friday 'just the facts' type.

Is this one different or better than the endless string of '100 ways to die' and 'unsolved mysteries' that play on a loop in syndication?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:02 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm not much for the re-enactment/voiceover genre.

Is this one different or better than the endless string of '100 ways to die' and 'unsolved mysteries' that play on a loop in syndication?
It's about the same these are my type of shows I guess. Feels like a movie to me and a real one at that, guess that's why I like it. My favorite show of alltime was I shouldn't be alive so take that fwiw. Dramatized realism I guess.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:04 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
It's about the same these are my type of shows I guess. Feels like a movie to me and a real one at that, guess that's why I like it. My favorite show of alltime was I shouldn't be alive so take that fwiw. Dramatized realism I guess.
This is more my speed. But I know not every story can be as compellingly retold.

You need the whole show to get the background, but the defense attorney at about 1:10 in is the real compelling stuff.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:06 PM 06-18-2019
This is more my speed. But I know not every story can be as compellingly retold.

It's not that I don't like those type of shows, there is something to be said for just the facts type of things. I just like a little dramatization in my TV/Movie shows. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:25 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
It's not that I don't like those type of shows, there is something to be said for just the facts type of things. I just like a little dramatization in my TV/Movie shows. :-)
I'm not militant about it, but on the level of personal taste a lot of these matters are compelling enough on their own [or they're not]. The dramatization just gives me a nagging sense that I'm not getting a straight story. Something is being embellished or elided that would alter my perception of the actual events.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:49 PM 06-18-2019
I'm not militant about it, but on the level of personal taste a lot of these matters are compelling enough on their own [or they're not]. The dramatization just gives me a nagging sense that I'm not getting a straight story. Something is being embellished or elided that would alter my perception of the actual events.
That's probably true as far as added content that didn't happen but it's still what makes tv shows/movies great that aren't just straight up Comedy or Documentary.
[Reply]
Up