ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>HBO: Bloodmoon
keg in kc 01:24 PM 05-23-2019
Working title for the first Game of Thrones sequel, formerly known as The Long Night, which began filming recently.

From HBO:
Originally Posted by :
What’s it about?

Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend, only one thing is for sure: It’s not the story we think we know.

Who will it star?

New casting includes: Miranda Richardson (Rita Skeeter from the Harry Potter films), Marquis Rodriquez (Manifest), John Simm (Strangers), Richard McCabe (Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams), John Heffernan (Dracula), and Dixie Egerickx (Summerland).

They join Oscar-nominee Naomi Watts (21 Grams), who headlines as a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret, Josh Whitehouse (Poldark), Naomi Ackie (Lady Macbeth), Denise Gough (Monday), Jamie Campbell Bower (Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald), Sheila Atim (Harlots), Ivanno Jeremiah (Humans), Georgie Henley (The Chronicles of Narnia films), Alex Sharp (How to Talk to Girls at Parties) and Toby Regbo (The Last Kingdom, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald).

Who is behind it?

Jane Goldman and GoT author George R.R. Martin are the creators of this new series, with Goldman serving as the showrunner. Both will executive produce, alongside SJ Clarkson (The Defenders, Jessica Jones, HBO’s Succession and the upcoming Star Trek installment), who will also be directing the pilot episode; James Farrell; Jim Danger Gray; Vince Gerardis; Daniel Zelman and co-executive producer Chris Symes. Martin was also an executive producer on Game of Thrones and contributed to several episode scripts.
Will post more as it comes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:28 PM 05-23-2019
What are you thinking about this Keg?

I’ll for sure watch it m, but it’s hard for me to think it will match the success of GOT
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:30 PM 05-23-2019
lol this is gonna suck so hard.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:39 PM 05-23-2019
Viewership will be huge for like the first episode until the casual watchers will realize that none of their favorite characters are in it. Then they’ll all leave.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:07 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What are you thinking about this Keg?

I’ll for sure watch it m, but it’s hard for me to think it will match the success of GOT
Too early to tell. It's maybe an even more interesting period in Essos history, though.

One possibility is that we'll see stuff like the original (Stark...) Night's King from the books, and his relationship with the Night's Queen. Much more history on the Others and maybe their origin.

That's my personal hope, that they move away from human drama and make it more focused on Fantasy. I think it could be huge if they do that.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-23-2019
Oh, and Valyria in all its glory. This is set thousands of years before the Doom.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 03:09 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Oh, and Valyria in all its glory. This is set thousands of years before the Doom.
The Long Night was like three thousand years before Valyria was even around.

The Long Night = 8000 years before Aegon's Conquest, rise of the Valyrian Freeholds and the fall of Gris = 5000 years before Aegon's Conquest.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:16 PM 05-23-2019
The show is rumored to take place 5000 years ago.
[Reply]
Bump 03:39 PM 05-23-2019
I'm down to watch, it's an interesting story and if done right they could have a dozen successful spin offs with this story. Emphasis on 'if done right'
[Reply]
Iconic 05:29 PM 05-23-2019
I like the concept and I'll watch... but wow that cast looks weird so far. Most look really young and all the dudes look androgynous. I'm going to have a hard time finding someone to root for like I did with Jon and Rob.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:03 PM 06-19-2019
Filming started in Northern Ireland this week and most folks seem to think we'll be seeing it late next year or early 2021.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 05:15 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Filming started in Northern Ireland this week and most folks seem to think we'll be seeing it late next year or early 2021.
As the last season of GOT started to get the bad wrap it did they needed to fast track a preview trailer to reveal at the end of the season. I just dont think it will have the draw after the disaster that was season 8.
IF it turns out to have better writers or adaptive writers it could get the fans back.
Im less excited for it than I should be. I will watch it though.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:19 PM 06-19-2019
Game of Thrones will be remembered more fondly in 12 months than it is now. It was a fantastic TV show that took a little too long to end and ended too quickly. A very weird combo indeed, but the time between episodes with not enough episodes was the big mistake...
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:06 PM 06-20-2019
Long layoffs can be an issue (that killed Battlestar Galactica on scifi), but not enough book was the real problem. More material to borrow from is the only thing that could've saved the slow, steady swirl down the shitter of seasons 5-8 from D&D.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:26 PM 06-20-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Game of Thrones will be remembered more fondly in 12 months than it is now. It was a fantastic TV show that took a little too long to end and ended too quickly. A very weird combo indeed, but the time between episodes with not enough episodes was the big mistake...
The bolded part is the about the only thing you got right. :-)
[Reply]
Up