ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 70
« First < 20606667686970
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:05 PM 04-27-2023
oh my

[Reply]
Chieficus 02:17 PM 04-28-2023
I've been watching it through a second time with my wife (she didn't see it the first go). I like it even better. It's also fun to pick up on the hints they dropped along the way (though I'm being careful not to drop spoilers for her).
[Reply]
Bowser 08:59 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
oh my

[Reply]
Lzen 10:18 AM 04-30-2023
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 11:00 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
My question - where the hell has this writing been? I ask that based on the crap that has been Discovery and Picard Season 1, if not kinda season 2. SNW's inaugural season was really good, but even it can't touch what's going on in P3.

This season has been fantastic, and it's been what we've all been waiting for, honestly. Why the freaking wait??
Just finished up Picard season 3 the other night. I agree, it was outstanding writing. The best one.
I tried getting into Discovery a few years ago but I couldn't even get very far. Not sure if I even got through season one.

But you're right, Strange New Worlds and S3 of Picard have been way better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:49 PM 05-08-2023
oh my

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:56 AM 05-12-2023

VR Tour
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:50 AM 06-20-2023
time to fuck up the perfect ending!

*NEW* Patrick Stewart Envisions One More “Extraordinary” TNG Movie Follow-Up To ‘Star Trek: Picard’ #StarTrekTNG #StarTrekPicard #StarTrekLegacyhttps://t.co/72y4ohgUM3

— TrekMovie.com (@TrekMovie) June 20, 2023

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 PM 06-26-2023
time to **** up the perfect ending!

:-) you stuck the landing. Why?
[Reply]
Bowser 08:49 PM 06-26-2023
Please don't go back to the well one too many times. Shatner tried it and was mercifully told no. Just be happy with the near perfect ending season 3 gave the story arc of TNG.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:14 PM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Please don't go back to the well one too many times. Shatner tried it and was mercifully told no. Just be happy with the near perfect ending season 3 gave the story arc of TNG.
Stewart is way too old anyway.

If they wanted to do something with Riker, Worf and Geordi I'm down. But it would have to be in service of Captain Seven.

I'd be SLIGHTLY interested in that as a launch for a TV show.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:53 PM 06-28-2023
Stewart is way too old anyway.

If they wanted to do something with Riker, Worf and Geordi I'm down. But it would have to be in service of Captain Seven.

I'd be SLIGHTLY interested in that as a launch for a TV show.
I could imagine being of service to Seven... Only imagine; I'm realistic...
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:36 AM 06-29-2023
The only thing I want to see Picard doing is pinning a 4th pip onto Data's collar as he takes command of his own starship in a one-off movie like they are making with Yeoh or one of the mini-series they talked about.

As much as I love Patrick Stewart and Picard... it is time for him to sit back and enjoy "all the good things" that are to come in Trek.
[Reply]
Jamie 05:24 AM 06-29-2023
I'd take a Worf on the Enterprise-E prequel. Something like Worf gets caught up in Klingon Game of Thrones, leading to the loss of the E and his embrace of pacifism.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:56 PM 09-28-2023
https://time.com/6318023/patrick-ste...xcerpt-picard/

Originally Posted by :
The third season came off magnificently. But its final scene, in which the reunited crew is gathered around a table with drinks, sharing a toast, is not how it was originally supposed to end. I had a different idea, which I brought to the writers a few months before we wrapped the series.

“What I’d like to see at the end of the show,” I told them, “is a content Jean-Luc. I want to see Picard perfectly at ease with his situation. Not anxious, not in a frenzy, not depressed. And I think this means that there is a wife in the picture.”

You see, the line between Jean-Luc and me has grown ever more blurred. If I have found true love, shouldn’t he?

The writers came up with a lovely scene. It is dusk at Jean-Luc’s vineyard. His back is to us as he takes in the view, his dog at his side.

Then, off-screen, a woman’s loving voice is heard: “Jean-Luc? Supper’s ready!”

Is it Beverly Crusher’s voice? Laris’s? Someone we don’t know? It isn’t made clear. But Sunny was set to record the lines.

Heeding his wife’s call, Jean-Luc turns around, says to his dog, “C’mon, boy,” and heads inside. Dusk fades to night, and Picard fades into history.

But this scene was never shot. And I am sort of to blame. Our final day of shooting season 3 was a bear, with a very long to-do list. About eight hours in, I realized we were in for a 14- or even 16-hour day. Brutal. And I was booked to fly to New York the first thing the following morning. So I made a suggestion to the production team.

“Look,” I said, “the scene with the dog will take no time to shoot, but it will take hours to set up the lighting and the green screen and all that. We don’t have those hours. So let’s not shoot that scene today. I can come back at any time you like and take care of it. Just me and the dog.”

The production team was grateful and relieved. And I was assured that we would take care of the final scene upon my return from New York.

But I never got a call. When I made a few inquiries, I kept getting put off. Finally, someone told me, “The studio doesn’t want to do it. It’s too expensive and they think it’s unnecessary.” Unnecessary? I thought it was crucial to the completion of Picard’s arc. But so be it: the TV series ended with the toast, which is a warm, emotional send-off to my favorite Starfleet crew. Either way, you now know of my original intent.

So is that it for Jean-Luc Picard?

Most probably, but never say never. I am gently pushing Paramount to let us do one single Picard movie. Not a Next Generation movie, as we have already done four of those. This would be an expansion and deepening of the universe as we’ve seen it in Star Trek: Picard. I’ve discussed this with Jonathan, Brent, and LeVar, and they are all game. Jonathan is my first choice to direct it.

[Reply]
Page 70 of 70
« First < 20606667686970
Up