ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Billions
BigRedChief 11:53 PM 01-24-2016
New series on Showtime. Has a couple of good actors in it. Could be good.

[Reply]
Swanman 09:01 AM 06-13-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
A year later and this show just keeps getting better! One of the greatest shows I've ever watched.

Great acting and writing all around.

Too hard to watch without seeing the whole series. Great to binge watch.
It took me a little while to not see Wags as the dorky meth cook in Breaking Bad or Axe's fixer as the guy from Oz (old reference).

This show is interesting because it really toys with the notion of good vs bad guys with very complex characters and story arcs.
[Reply]
scho63 12:31 PM 06-13-2018
Originally Posted by Swanman:
It took me a little while to not see Wags as the dorky meth cook in Breaking Bad or Axe's fixer as the guy from Oz (old reference).

This show is interesting because it really toys with the notion of good vs bad guys with very complex characters and story arcs.
What really intrigues me is the way the politicians behind the scenes try fucking each other and setting one another up.

All the wielding of power is amazing. I have a feeling they have true case studies on some of this.

I saw some of the endings to season three coming; Taylor leaving was too apparent and when Chuck went after Jeffcoat, which was like the 5th or 6th time he wanted to destroy someone and succeeded, you kinda knew he was going to suffer a setback.

Never saw the final dinner scene, that sets up a great storyline for season 4.
[Reply]
scho63 07:10 PM 03-19-2019
The Season 4 Premiere was awesome- looks like another great year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:14 AM 03-20-2019
The Season 4 Premiere was awesome- looks like another great year.
Yeah, it's nice that they finally have a new angle with Chuck and Axe working together. I also really enjoy the Malkovich character.
[Reply]
scho63 09:32 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yeah, it's nice that they finally have a new angle with Chuck and Axe working together. I also really enjoy the Malkovich character.
He plays that Russian great. That plot twist caught me completely off guard. I knew it wasn't the Sheikh but I thought it was going to be Taylor inside.
[Reply]
scho63 10:17 AM 04-22-2019
I have loved this show since day one but this latest episode may be the "Jump the Shark" moment.

The whole press conference with Chuck and him declaring his love of BDSM with his wife and then winning the AG and arresting everyone in church at a funeral was a bridge too far. The stories are moving too fast and too many silly things.

I hope I'm wrong but sadly I've seen this happen too often......:-)
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 04:51 PM 04-29-2019
I have loved this show since day one but this latest episode may be the "Jump the Shark" moment.

The whole press conference with Chuck and him declaring his love of BDSM with his wife and then winning the AG and arresting everyone in church at a funeral was a bridge too far. The stories are moving too fast and too many silly things.

I hope I'm wrong but sadly I've seen this happen too often......:-)
I think the problem is the show doesn’t have anywhere to go. It’s built on powerful people going after each other which is fun, but you can only watch two smart rich people go after each other for so long. There just aren’t enough ways to battle head to head in a realistic setting. The only thing left to do is make the plots go bigger and crazier and at some point you reach rediculousness.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:50 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I think the problem is the show doesn’t have anywhere to go. It’s built on powerful people going after each other which is fun, but you can only watch two smart rich people go after each other for so long. There just aren’t enough ways to battle head to head in a realistic setting. The only thing left to do is make the plots go bigger and crazier and at some point you reach rediculousness.
Yeah, this show has slowly been on a downward arc. It's my industry and world so I've been a little bit more critical and seen deterioration for awhile now as they come up with ever-more elaborate (and grossly unrealistic) financial schemes. But I really do like the characters so I'll hold out hope.
[Reply]
scho63 10:13 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:

This is a good analysis! :-)

Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yeah, this show has slowly been on a downward arc. It's my industry and world so I've been a little bit more critical and seen deterioration for awhile now as they come up with ever-more elaborate (and grossly unrealistic) financial schemes. But I really do like the characters so I'll hold out hope.

I love the characters as well and can't quit no matter how vile or deceitful they are. This weeks ending was pretty powerful. Once again, Axe wins and 3 others are in turmoil.....

[Reply]
scho63 04:36 PM 06-03-2019
Billions has really stepped up their game this year from the earlier episodes.

I'm fucking hooked like a dumb fish and season finale next week. It's been great.
[Reply]
scho63 11:53 AM 06-11-2019
The season ending was fucking fantastic and had me so baffled with the twists and turns! Really came through with great episodes with just 1 or 2 clunkers.

Just a great setup for Season 5
[Reply]
BWillie 02:41 PM 06-13-2019
Would you **** Taylor Mason (when IT is wearing the wig and dress)?
[Reply]
scho63 08:30 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Would you **** Taylor Mason (when IT is wearing the wig and dress)?
That's a big NO! :-)

Not only is she repulsive, but her whole PC bullshit with non-identification people using those stupid fucking pronouns is even a bigger turnoff than her disgusting face growth. Just want to chop that thing off with a giant Samurai Sword. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 03:03 PM 06-18-2019
That's a big NO! :-)

Not only is she repulsive, but her whole PC bullshit with non-identification people using those stupid ****ing pronouns is even a bigger turnoff than her disgusting face growth. Just want to chop that thing off with a giant Samurai Sword. :-)

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:11 PM 06-19-2019
The season ending was ****ing fantastic and had me so baffled with the twists and turns! Really came through with great episodes with just 1 or 2 clunkers.

Just a great setup for Season 5
yep, fantastic ending. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up